Live Shot - Morrissey Central

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
(Originally posted in the thread Johnny Marr tweets response to Smiths reunion rumours)

Ok - one last thing - do you think this post of a montage pic of him in his Smiths days with Elvis & his band is his mini-burn back at Marr?

Live Shot - Morrissey Central
November 9, 2019

full

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it wasn't. The first sentence was about who has hate crime legislation. And the second was other things they might get done for. I didn't use interdict either because I didn't think the person I was replying to needed that much detail.

... as so you join the ranks of the Fake News crew Hofmann is welcome to you.
You started off so well and then fell down that well.

No, it wasn't. The first sentence was about who has hate crime legislation. And the second was other things they might get done for. I didn't use interdict either because I didn't think the person I was replying to needed that much detail.

Here's that quote in full ...

"England & Wales & Scotland. It could also be libel or malicious communications or breaking an injunction."

You can't get "done for" libel in Scotland. So your quote is inaccurate.

Skinny, caught again, applying English law to Scotland after claiming to be Scot. Skinny Scotland is not in Manchester.

Its not the clicking, Skinny, its the trolling between the clicks. 150 hrs in a row worth as of now.

I don't spend more than 5 minutes on here at a time. And this is definitely the last thread I'll be on. So you'll be free of me when the alerts dry up or get too boring.

You enjoy chatting with the man who believes and has consistently posted racist hatred and believes gay men are little more than paedophiles? A man who posted images of men at Pride London labelling them all paedophiles?

And ... has supported his chum Reelfountain on her horrendous racist bile and despicable views that gay men are gay men because they have been abused and are damaged.

He has also threatened one poster with physical violence.

If that's your idea of constructive discourse you are welcome to it.

I can only go by the conversations I've had. There does seem a lot of pointless antagonism around here.

Nerak: "I wouldn't hang on to exchange insults".

Ageism doesn't suit you.

I mean literally, I think he must be older & hasn't grown up interacting with technology the way younger people have. Gen Z is even more tech savvy than my generation.

... as so you join the ranks of the Fake News crew Hofmann is welcome to you.
You started off so well and then fell down that well.

That's a ridiculous interpretation of me not using Scottish terminology in a quick list of things a person might get dragged to a court for.

I can only go by the conversations I've had. There does seem a lot of pointless antagonism around here.

Ignorance, they say, is bliss. I have had the misfortune to read some hateful guff in my time but none comes close to the gruesome twosome of Hofmann and Reelfountain.

Their sole purpose seems to be to draw people into their web of intolerance and hatred. I hope one day they come undone.

That's a ridiculous interpretation of me not using Scottish terminology in a quick list of things a person might get dragged to a court for.

I think the phrase you are graping for is "accurate interpretation" despite the quickness of your list.

Here's that quote in full ...

"England & Wales & Scotland. It could also be libel or malicious communications or breaking an injunction."

You can't get "done for" libel in Scotland. So your quote is inaccurate.

Yes, you do get done for libel in Scotland because defamation is a synonym for libel. You're quibbling about terminology.

RUBBISH. I have no fear or loathing. My statement was 100% historically accurate.

I’ll ask the question again -

What - in the history of their existence - have the English offered to world? ...aside from misery.

Please name one thing.
The Enlightenment

Skinny, caught again, applying English law to Scotland after claiming to be Scot. Skinny Scotland is not in Manchester.

That person was pedantic & wrong.

Why do you need to believe everyone's Skinny anyway? Could you not come up with something more interesting to talk about?

Yes, you do get done for libel in Scotland because defamation is a synonym for libel. You're quibbling about terminology.

Jeez! Look, accept you are quite wrong with a modicum of grace. Terminology it may be but it's Scottish law terminology.
You cannot "be done" for libel in Scotland. Full stop!

Question for you .... can you be found guilty of libel in a Scottish court?

That person was pedantic & wrong.

Why do you need to believe everyone's Skinny anyway? Could you not come up with something more interesting to talk about?

There are several differences between defamation law in Scotland and libel law that applies to England and Wales. To suggest that one is synonymous with the other in terms of the differing legal principles of law applied would be particularly misleading and inaccurate.

There are several differences between defamation law in Scotland and libel law that applies to England and Wales. To suggest that one is synonymous with the other in terms of the differing legal principles of law applied would be particularly misleading and inaccurate.

I didn't go into any detail about the law in England & Wales or the law in Scotland. I was simply saying the kind of things that get you into trouble. I wasn't giving him legal advice. I didn't name any of the relevant acts.

And I didn't say the laws were exactly alike - I said the word libel is a synonym of the word defamation. Defamation is libel. Libel is defamation.

Defamation is libel. Libel is defamation.

NOT as applied in law to the respective countries - which is the accurate point made and the point that you attempt to obfuscate. Simple or complex - you made a mistake - now just accept it and move on. Your constant, ill-prepared defense does you no favours.

Jeez! Look, accept you are quite wrong with a modicum of grace. Terminology it may be but it's Scottish law terminology.
You cannot "be done" for libel in Scotland. Full stop!

I'll concede that I didn't make my post clear enough for you, because I didn't realise it had to be.

But I'm not going to concede that I'm an arrogant English person who doesn't know Scotland has a separate legal system because it's not true.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom