Official YouTube "Love Is On Its Way Out" & instant grat MP3 released (January 31, 2020)

moz.jpg

... available for download, when pre-ordered via https://morrissey.tmstor.es/
Maybe elsewhere too...

YouTube link courtesy of NickD & @Raphael Lambach:

Media items:

MOZ HITS GOLD AGAIN WITH LOVE IS ON THE WAY OUT!!:bow:
MORE AND MORE SUCCESS FOR MOZ!!:bow:

COMPARE WITH THE SUCKY LEPEW COMETRY SOCKO MATERIAL:laughing:

Blossom into life like "The edges are no longer parallel" or "Life is a Pigsty"? Or better?

Good question! I don't know. It reminds me a bit of the escalation at the end of "Such a Little Thing..." in terms of the drama of the vocal. (Obviously the lyric is nowhere near as brilliant as "leave me alone I was only singing" but then that's one of the all-time great pop lines, and I'm resigned to those moments not happening any more. I doubt I'll be doing anything amazing when I'm 60, either.)

I like the melody, the mood and of course M's voice. Lyrics could be written by Chris Martin though.

Chris would never write a song about emotions being faked in the news & then ask you to fake your emotions about him.

It's very disjointed. But still more interesting than most artists.

Crap .Crap.Crap . All the right notes but not in the right order! Even worse than Bobby. That song is a duck without its head running all around! Proposed as a download, Bobby and Love are supposed to be the emblamatic songs of the album !! My God.
I'm glad I won't go the Paris concert : I save 100 euros and enjoy Catalonia instead !
For those earlier on the thread , there is nothing Spanish in tha bloody song???!!!

Fascinating to me how 99% of the comments on YouTube are positive and yet so many people on this particular site feel negative about the song. What's that all about? Hmmm?

(For me, the lyrics are a bit cringey in places but as a pop song I really like it, especially how it blossoms into life from 2:13 onwards - gorgeous!)

The 3:15 mark was the high point for me

Good question! I don't know. It reminds me a bit of the escalation at the end of "Such a Little Thing..." in terms of the drama of the vocal. (Obviously the lyric is nowhere near as brilliant as "leave me alone I was only singing" but then that's one of the all-time great pop lines, and I'm resigned to those moments not happening any more. I doubt I'll be doing anything amazing when I'm 60, either.)
Yes. There are changes in the dynamics but he has done these things much better on other tracks. The child chorus ruins more than a half of the song. I can't listen to it without worrying about it. I was hoping for something more substantial.

Another solid good modern sounding song from Moz. Very Coldplay in the breaks though. And he did call then Oldplay ;)

Fine surprise to see it coming without introduction today.

Yes. There are changes in the dynamics but he has done these things much better on other tracks. The child chorus ruins more than a half of the song. I can't listen to it without worrying about it. I was hoping for something more substantial.

I can totally understand that! And I'm sorry that you feel worried or disappointed by the song - that's a shame. I hope there are at least a few songs on the new album that will give you joy.

I can totally understand that! And I'm sorry that you feel worried or disappointed by the song - that's a shame. I hope there are at least a few songs on the new album that will give you joy.
I sound over-critical, I know. But you are a kind person. Thank you.

Pluses:
It's got a bit of a Pet Shop Boys, queer synthpop, disco-diva vibe, which I quite like. I've said for years he should cover 'Losing My Mind.'
There is an actual hooky tune, which is a big improvement on most of LIHS.
His voice sounds great.

Minuses:
The lyrics are shocking. It actually sounds like he stood in the booth and made it up on the hoof.
Those Space Invader sound effects that Gustavo is so fond of are really beginning to grate.

Live4Ever:
Morrissey releases Love Is On Its Way Out single from new album I Am Not A Dog On A Chain

https://www.live4ever.uk.com/2020/0...gle-from-new-album-i-am-not-a-dog-on-a-chain/

Vents Magazine:
Morrissey releases new single ‘Love Is On Its Way’

https://ventsmagazine.com/2020/01/31/morrissey-releases-new-single-love-is-on-its-way/

NME:
Morrissey debuts sombre new track ‘Love Is On Its Way Out’

Morrissey has debuted ‘Love Is On Its Way Out’, the latest track from his 13th solo album.

The new offering from The Smiths legend’s forthcoming record ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain‘ hears him show off his sombre side as he laments the state of the world.

“Did you see the nerve gas? Children crying / Did you see the sad rich, hunting down, shooting down elephants and lions?” he croons on the new track.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-debuts-sombre-new-track-love-is-on-its-way-out-2603580

XS Noise:
MORRISSEY releases new single ‘Love Is On Its Way Out’ – Listen Now

https://www.xsnoize.com/morrissey-releases-new-single-love-is-on-its-way-out-listen-now/

Strangeways Radio:
MORRISSEY RELEASES LOVE IS ON ITS WAY OUT

This track is Love Is On Its Way Out which has a different vibe than it’s predecessor Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know. This song starts a bit slow and I wasn’t sure what direction it would go in. However, but the time it reached it’s epic ending I was sold. The last minute of the song features elements of everything we have come to love about Morrissey. Heartfelt lyrics combined with powerful vocals.

https://www.strangewaysradio.com/2020/01/morrissey-releases-love-is-on-its-way-out/

All much of a muchness.
Regards,
FWD.

I like it better than Bobby by a long shot but I think we are seeing him miss at a time when his voice is in amazing shape

NME cobbled together everything for that article - I wouldn't say sombre though. I would say deeply cynical. Still, I'd rather they didn't say that. It would probably get added to his list of unpardonable crimes.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom