Love Music Hate Racism event by Dave Haslam - Manchester, same night Morrissey plays (July 8, 2018)

http://www.davehaslam.com/#/one-nation-under-a-groove/

Ex-Hacienda DJ Dave Haslam is throwing a free party to coincide with Morrissey’s forthcoming visit to the city. He says the party, featuring more than a dozen of the city’s top DJs is “in response to Morrissey’s divisive views, and his support for the far-right.”

Morrissey has attracted controversy for a host of remarks and opinions – including undermining the #metoo campaign and claiming there’s “no difference between eating animals and paedophilia”.

In recent years, the ex-Smiths singer’s views on race have become particularly strident. Morrissey has described the Chinese people “a sub-species”, heavily criticised Angela Merkel for opening German borders to refugees, and has gone on record supporting far-right figures like Anne Marie Waters and EDL founder Tommy Robinson. He does, however, claim to have “Muslim friends”.

“Manchester is our home, it’s a city built on immigration, a city with an amazing legacy of great bands and wonderful clubs,” says Haslam. “Music brings people together. Strangers become brothers, sisters. All this positivity spreads into the city and beyond.”

Haslam points out Manchester’s solidarity and sense of community in the aftermath of the Manchester Arena attack, which he contrasts with Morrissey’s pronouncements; “Morrissey hasn’t lived in the city for thirty years – he lives abroad in tax exile – and has now joined the ranks of various right-wing politicians, tax exiles, tabloids, and media hate-slingers seeking to divide our community.

“There are counter arguments. There are many of them. But for now, I’ve decided to counter the hate by throwing a free party, a celebratory all-dayer of beautifully diverse soul-filled, hope-filled music…”

The event on Sunday July 8th, entitled ‘One Nation Under A Groove’ will take place at Revolution on Deansgate Locks from 3pm until midnight.

DJs include DJ Paulette (Flesh), Dom (Blood & Fire), and Irfan Rainy (Community). In addition, Haslam himself is joining forces with Elliot Eastwick and Jason Boardman to resurrect the hugely successful ‘Yellow’ brand as a one-off for the event.

Admission is free, but a collection will be taken, which will be donated to the charity Love Music Hate Racism.

“It might not be coincidence that the venue is just a few hundred yards from where Morrissey is playing,” admits Haslam.

“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome,” he says.

+++ Facebook event page with full DJ line-up here;

43336_groove2-02.jpg

An anonymous person posted the link:

Dave Haslam throws 'positive protest party' against Morrissey at the same time as his Manchester gig - Manchester Evening News
“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome.”

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange how this story makes it to the front page and not, for instance, Johnny Marr charging £100 for a handshake. It's not hard to imagine what certain people here would be saying if it was Morrissey doing that.
Everyone is out to f*** Morrissey over, I still wanna know if Dave Islam is a meat eater, if he is, he's a total f***ing knob, is he?? Somebody tell me

Strange how this story makes it to the front page and not, for instance, Johnny Marr charging £100 for a handshake. It's not hard to imagine what certain people here would be saying if it was Morrissey doing that.

who would be insane enough to pay such a sum to shake paws with :frogface:?
what would they do rob a bank? :frogface: fans are mostly penniless....."hulo Drama Johnny, Im
like you I am a 'bohemian'doh:and love Islam too huh huh huh"
Geeeesus:censored:

My thoughts exactly. David T did nothing to reduce the Trollmeister’s influence, despite seemingly removing him as a moderator.
Very, very sad.

I reckon you foreigners are so ungrateful. I reckon Uncle Steve has to play your backwards foreign countries where you let balls fall from the sky and hit you on the head just because the USA well has dried up for now and you people pull this shit. This gives me even more motivation to prove Uncle Steve was born in Moz Angeles not Mankchester inn nn n nn n it.

My thoughts exactly. David T did nothing to reduce the Trollmeister’s influence, despite seemingly removing him as a moderator.
Very, very sad.

Yep. Skinny still behaves with the same old sense of entitlement - like he's the last red-faced sheriff in the saloon. No respect for opposing opinions. A total disregard for forum rules.

Trollmester's influence!!!
What you mean anyone who isn't munching on Moz''s heamorroids and isn't a brainwashed fanatic. Your remarks and disregard for victim
Don't eat meat, full stop, its easy, and better for you anyway....that enough evidence for you?
What are you wittering on about? Where is the evidence ? Oh sorry I'm talkng to a sanctimonious preachy anonymous fool who keeps quoting me. Unless you produce evidence with approved sources go preach somewhere else.

You want evidence that butchering an animal with a knife continuously until he bleeds to death is as humane as stunning? I had the notion that you were :turban:
I can now certify.:turban:

Wait one second...can it be? ARE YOU SKINNY TOO?:clap::swear

Oh my darling Vegan Cro - I see the Sikhs emojees have returned ....what have you against Sikhs??? God, I know I will regret asking this question.

Earth to f***wit. You've not been in an abattoir, have you? I have. Many of them. If you think any of them are humane you're an ignorant f***knuckle. They all are. You think Halal or indeed Kosher is cruel? Look round the door of any abattoir. It's just the same, and just as bad, and the animals suffer just as much. Stop picking and choosing your own brand of animal cruelty to justify Morrissey being a racist prick.

Wtf are you on about? What has this got to do with Haslam? I worked in an abbatoir, I killed the lambs. I can still hear the screaming....can you Clarissa?

What you mean anyone who isn't munching on Moz''s heamorroids and isn't a brainwashed fanatic. Your remarks and disregard for victim

What are you wittering on about? Where is the evidence ? Oh sorry I'm talkng to a sanctimonious preachy anonymous fool who keeps quoting me. Unless you produce evidence with approved sources go preach somewhere else.
f*** you and your love of killing animals, have an heart, show some love, stop being horrible

Morrissey has done that though, well worse really if you count charging for those super deluxe signed books without the handshake. To be fair nobody on here batted an eyelid.

Couple of videos posted, hope that's enough for you, theirs hundreds more, you f***ing dickhead.

Oh my darling Vegan Cro - I see the Sikhs emojees have returned ....what have you against Sikhs??? God, I know I will regret asking this question.

He's a troll, he has nothing against anything and nothing to say about anything. All he does is troll various threads with posts that hardly anyone reads to try and provoke reactions to feed his habit. I actually feel sorry for him as one day he will be at deaths door having achieved absolutely nothing in the years he spent as a living human being. When he does pass, there will be no words on his gravestone, just an emoji.

Morrissey has done that though, well worse really if you count charging for those super deluxe signed books without the handshake. To be fair nobody on here batted an eyelid.

Yes, but that's buying a product at least - and something signed always comes at a price. Paying for a handshake is very different and quite bizarre to me. Especially when Johnny is keen to position himself as against inequality, materialism, capitalism, etc, etc. and the album is supposedly espousing some happy, positive egalitarian vision of the future. I find it really really odd and tremendously hypocritical. I almost wonder if it was done without his knowledge or consent. If Morrissey charged for handshake it would be on the front page in an instant and there would be an absolute deluge of derogatory comments here; Johnny meanwhile seems to be, er, getting away with it.

Yes, but that's buying a product at least - and something signed always comes at a price. Paying for a handshake is very different and quite bizarre to me. Especially when Johnny is keen to position himself as against inequality, materialism, capitalism, etc, etc. and the album is supposedly espousing some happy, positive egalitarian vision of the future. I find it really really odd and tremendously hypocritical. I almost wonder if it was done without his knowledge or consent. If Morrissey charged for handshake it would be on the front page in an instant and there would be an absolute deluge of derogatory comments here; Johnny meanwhile seems to be, er, getting away with it.

Its not just a handshake though, you also get the following:
  • A Meet & Greet Photo with Johnny Marr
  • One, VIP Exclusive, Autographed Johnny Marr Poster
  • One Commemorative VIP Laminate
  • Priority Entry Into The Venue*
James did something similar on The Girl At The End Of The World tour but that included access to their soundcheck and a Q&A. Tickets were limited to a 100 people though.

Drama J is against capitalism because his stuff BOMBS automatically so he blames it on outside forces
instead of his sucky material and singing.:bowing:

Actually the dramatic CD CALL THE COMET:drama: is quite pessimistic so the 1oo pound handshaking
fee falls in line with its over all message, where the world has gone so bad, Drama J has a huge comet navigate to Earth to blows us up, so some mysterious force will later re set us to an Islamic world.
My guess? The mysterious force Drama J is calling is Allah HIMSELF:turban::thumbsdown:

Of course "James" had to do it, those are some broke MFRs too.:straightface:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom