Love Music Hate Racism event by Dave Haslam - Manchester, same night Morrissey plays (July 8, 2018)

http://www.davehaslam.com/#/one-nation-under-a-groove/

Ex-Hacienda DJ Dave Haslam is throwing a free party to coincide with Morrissey’s forthcoming visit to the city. He says the party, featuring more than a dozen of the city’s top DJs is “in response to Morrissey’s divisive views, and his support for the far-right.”

Morrissey has attracted controversy for a host of remarks and opinions – including undermining the #metoo campaign and claiming there’s “no difference between eating animals and paedophilia”.

In recent years, the ex-Smiths singer’s views on race have become particularly strident. Morrissey has described the Chinese people “a sub-species”, heavily criticised Angela Merkel for opening German borders to refugees, and has gone on record supporting far-right figures like Anne Marie Waters and EDL founder Tommy Robinson. He does, however, claim to have “Muslim friends”.

“Manchester is our home, it’s a city built on immigration, a city with an amazing legacy of great bands and wonderful clubs,” says Haslam. “Music brings people together. Strangers become brothers, sisters. All this positivity spreads into the city and beyond.”

Haslam points out Manchester’s solidarity and sense of community in the aftermath of the Manchester Arena attack, which he contrasts with Morrissey’s pronouncements; “Morrissey hasn’t lived in the city for thirty years – he lives abroad in tax exile – and has now joined the ranks of various right-wing politicians, tax exiles, tabloids, and media hate-slingers seeking to divide our community.

“There are counter arguments. There are many of them. But for now, I’ve decided to counter the hate by throwing a free party, a celebratory all-dayer of beautifully diverse soul-filled, hope-filled music…”

The event on Sunday July 8th, entitled ‘One Nation Under A Groove’ will take place at Revolution on Deansgate Locks from 3pm until midnight.

DJs include DJ Paulette (Flesh), Dom (Blood & Fire), and Irfan Rainy (Community). In addition, Haslam himself is joining forces with Elliot Eastwick and Jason Boardman to resurrect the hugely successful ‘Yellow’ brand as a one-off for the event.

Admission is free, but a collection will be taken, which will be donated to the charity Love Music Hate Racism.

“It might not be coincidence that the venue is just a few hundred yards from where Morrissey is playing,” admits Haslam.

“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome,” he says.

+++ Facebook event page with full DJ line-up here;

43336_groove2-02.jpg

An anonymous person posted the link:

Dave Haslam throws 'positive protest party' against Morrissey at the same time as his Manchester gig - Manchester Evening News
“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome.”

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
His online YouTube username is 'Swilliamism'. I don't know what his real name is.

You can support him through Pay Pal if you want. There is a link on his YouTube channel with his email address. I don't support him financially myself though! I don't know how he makes his living?

I think that he is well spoken, articulate and intelligent. He seems like he is quite young. The video focuses mainly on the Tommy R protest in London but he also talks about Nelson Mandela and South Africa.

I like the way he thinks although I don't agree with everything that he says. I think he might be a lawyer he knows a lot about the law. I would say that he is probably part of the "Truth" Movement. He talks a lot about law, politics, Brexit and so on in his videos. I have also heard him talk about Satanic/occult symbolism in London. His videos focus on London quite a lot. I think that he might live in London or close to London.

I don't think he is a Christian though. I haven't heard him talk about Israel or the Jews in his videos. I don't know what the Jewish 'Infowars' Studio in Israel is? Is that connected to Alex Jones?

I personally don't like the American guy Alex Jones who runs 'Infowars' at all. I think he confuses people. I find his style very aggressive. Alex Jones says that he is a Catholic but I don't think that he is a true Christian.

I'm a born-again, Bible-believing Christian and I support the Jewish State of Israel. Some people might call me a 'Zionist' but I don't support violence on either side. I'm a pacifist at heart.

I don't agree with everything that this guy says in his videos. I just find his videos interesting. He reminds me a bit of a young Morrissey.

In terms of politics I'm a Liberal Democrat (Lib Dem). I don't support the Conservative Party or the Labour Party. If people want an alternative to the Conservatives (the 'Tories') or Labour in Britain then they could try the Lib Dems or the "Green Party" there are lots of different political parties out there that are offering an alternative. You don't have to join the far-right. The Lib Dems want to remain within the European Union (EU). Morrissey doesn't only live in Britain anymore he travels about a lot and he tours a lot! Some places Moz loves outside of Britain and the Republic of Ireland are LA in California in America, Rome in Italy and Switzerland.

I'm against Fascism, Communism and also Islamic extremists. I'm also against the New Age Movement and New Age spirituality which came out of the 'New Thought' Movement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Thought

I'm a Christian that supports Israel. I want to preserve the Judeo-Christian way of life and traditional family values. I like the fact that Morrissey supports Israel and he has made that clear in his new album. I'm not sure that Morrissey is a Christian though? I would say that my Christian faith is much more important to me than worldly politics is.
Owen Shroyer is the main jew behind infowars not alex jones.

I'm not going to repeat what I said earlier about abattoirs. Suffice to say you're an uninformed idiot. And Halal is not banned in the UK as a whole. Where did you read that? Links please.

Your "links please" privileges have been revoked. You never reply to links when they are posted. See the Vitamin C thread for proof.
"I'm not going to repeat what I said earlier" can't possibly be true. I bet you will.

Dave Hasbeen. Relevance alert!!! Fail. Try again. I’ve seen him wandering around Manchester trying to look like Joe Orton’s Grandad. Another fail. Next. :lbf:

I sure am cause I posted that. Need to keep my reputation going but yes I wish people dead all the time.

You mentioned in an earlier post that you really hope lives are lost and that Manchester burns down and you wish people dead all the time, were you pleased when 22 people were murdered in the Manchester arena attack, including an 8 year old girl?

No less inhumane than being stunned in the brain. Where do you get your facts that slitting their neck is more cruel than stunning the animal then slaughtering them? Please provide your evidence and facts or is this throat slitting mantra just another finger to point at Muslims and Jews.
This is my final post of the subject on this subject

No way is it less cruel or more humane stunning or cutting the neck each cuases animal pain. It's just an excuse for cretins to gave a go at Muslims. Hide your Islamaphobic ideas behind animal welfare.

No way is it less cruel or more humane stunning or cutting the neck each cuases animal pain. It's just an excuse for cretins to gave a go at Muslims. Hide your Islamaphobic ideas behind animal welfare.

The level of stupidity of your post is stunning.
There's plenty of scientific evidence that stunning is more humane than cutting the neck.

There's plenty of scientific evidence that stunning is more humane than cutting the neck.

Maybe if you're murdered you'd prefer to be beaten to death rather than stabbed to death. I don't know? Both are going to be f***ing unpleasant. That's before you start with the other torture that goes on at the places of slaughter.

Here watch this Mr Suedestomp:
The sheep are real not paid actors in sheep costume

It’s not Islamaphobia. Surely the common sense behind it (and the progressive view) should be that religion fundamentally is about peace and causing no pain to others including animals.
Slitting a throat and watching an animal bleed to death cannot be a way to Peace. In the same way as war can never be justified. Violence begets violence. An eye for an eye etc. This is kindergarten stuff. Violence against animals, violence against women, violence against children...it’s all linked. There is no place for slaughter in religion. Am I right? Discuss...500 words. Pilgrimupnorth

They don't cut their neck to be violent it's just a clean way of draining the blood. In Islam and Judaism the animal must be unharmed and in good condition then idealy it should take one clean cut to artery in neck. There is evidence that if an animal isnt stunned correctly before slaughter or if cutting method isnt done expertly both can cause considerable distress to the animal. One isn't superior to the other. There will be bad practice in both methods.

The New Scientist research was done under strict guidelines and in the real world abhtoirs as in videos I have shown stunning an animal isnt done so expertly/ strictly or humanely. I'm not saying Halal or Kosher is more or less humane it's just naive to assume that the practice of stunning an animal in practice automatically is.

Humane killing is a lie sold by the meat industry and apparently supported by Morrissey. The idea that the stunning is conducted with surgical precision is false.
Morrissey, in condemning halal slaughter as "worse" actually shows that he hates Islam more than he cares for animals. Because if halal slaughter is worse than stunning is surely better. MAYBE IT IS when done properly, but I wonder if Morrissey has ever watched any of those videos he shows to his audience. In high school one of my friends worked at a slaughterhouse. He didn't have any experience and they gave him the job of stunning because the others who work with saws do actually have to know what they're doing, not for the sake of the animal but because money is involved. If the butchering were done as sloppily as the stunning is profits would suffer.
And the people that work at those places are not all horrible people. Some just need a job and don't have much empathy for animals. But so many abuse videos exist that I think it's easy to imagine and make a case that many of the people working there enjoy being able to hurt and abuse animals with impunity.

Last edited:
Well that’s decided where I’m going after the gig ,,,,,,, for a curry ,,,, to prove I aren’t racist

Should get Joyce to DJ just to piss him off even more.
I wonder if Mike Joyce will be a DJ at this event? I actually think that it is very possible that he will be. I know that you were making a joke but it could happen.

They might also get the singer Rowetta to be part of it as well. Rowetta is a singer probably most famous for being a backing singer in the 'Happy Mondays' and for being on 'The X Factor' in the UK. I think Rowetta has based her look on Diana Ross and Beyoncé . Rowetta has been very outspoken in her hatred for Morrissey!

I wonder if Mike Joyce will be a DJ at this event? I actually think that it is very possible that he will be. I know that you were making a joke but it could happen.

They might also get the singer Rowetta to be part of it as well. Rowetta is a singer probably most famous for being a backing singer in the 'Happy Mondays' and for being on 'The X Factor' in the UK. I think Rowetta has based her look on Diana Ross and Beyoncé . Rowetta has been very outspoken in her hatred for Morrissey!
Mike Joyce will probably be quietly crying at the back of the crowd at the Morrissey show while wearing a hoody and Groucho Marx glasses.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom