Love Music Hate Racism event by Dave Haslam - Manchester, same night Morrissey plays (July 8, 2018)

http://www.davehaslam.com/#/one-nation-under-a-groove/

Ex-Hacienda DJ Dave Haslam is throwing a free party to coincide with Morrissey’s forthcoming visit to the city. He says the party, featuring more than a dozen of the city’s top DJs is “in response to Morrissey’s divisive views, and his support for the far-right.”

Morrissey has attracted controversy for a host of remarks and opinions – including undermining the #metoo campaign and claiming there’s “no difference between eating animals and paedophilia”.

In recent years, the ex-Smiths singer’s views on race have become particularly strident. Morrissey has described the Chinese people “a sub-species”, heavily criticised Angela Merkel for opening German borders to refugees, and has gone on record supporting far-right figures like Anne Marie Waters and EDL founder Tommy Robinson. He does, however, claim to have “Muslim friends”.

“Manchester is our home, it’s a city built on immigration, a city with an amazing legacy of great bands and wonderful clubs,” says Haslam. “Music brings people together. Strangers become brothers, sisters. All this positivity spreads into the city and beyond.”

Haslam points out Manchester’s solidarity and sense of community in the aftermath of the Manchester Arena attack, which he contrasts with Morrissey’s pronouncements; “Morrissey hasn’t lived in the city for thirty years – he lives abroad in tax exile – and has now joined the ranks of various right-wing politicians, tax exiles, tabloids, and media hate-slingers seeking to divide our community.

“There are counter arguments. There are many of them. But for now, I’ve decided to counter the hate by throwing a free party, a celebratory all-dayer of beautifully diverse soul-filled, hope-filled music…”

The event on Sunday July 8th, entitled ‘One Nation Under A Groove’ will take place at Revolution on Deansgate Locks from 3pm until midnight.

DJs include DJ Paulette (Flesh), Dom (Blood & Fire), and Irfan Rainy (Community). In addition, Haslam himself is joining forces with Elliot Eastwick and Jason Boardman to resurrect the hugely successful ‘Yellow’ brand as a one-off for the event.

Admission is free, but a collection will be taken, which will be donated to the charity Love Music Hate Racism.

“It might not be coincidence that the venue is just a few hundred yards from where Morrissey is playing,” admits Haslam.

“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome,” he says.

+++ Facebook event page with full DJ line-up here;

43336_groove2-02.jpg

An anonymous person posted the link:

Dave Haslam throws 'positive protest party' against Morrissey at the same time as his Manchester gig - Manchester Evening News
“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome.”

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
How many Moz fans are big into their reggae and dance music? Not many....I'd hope.
I’m a huge fan of Moz and also of drum n bass, minimal techno, and used to be quite into reggae (not so much now, but still love a bit of Toots and the Maytals, have seen Lee Perry multiple times, love the old Trojan classics). I’m going to a Moz gig soon with a mate who listens almost entirely to reggae but also loves Moz. There are a fair few of us.
Good music is good music, whatever the genre. Admittedly some genres have a higher ratio of shite to quality than others (hip-hop for example).
Also dance music serves a different purpose to meaningful ballads. However the DnB scene is utterly fascist towards anyone who doesn’t toe the liberal left line. Have a look at what happened to Mistabishi, a big name producer who sounded off against Islam recently. Dropped instantly by his label, deleted his back catalogue, no bookings... they destroyed his career pretty much overnight. Basically it’s what certain people would have liked to do to Moz, but Moz has too many fans who will listen to his music regardless of what he says.

I’m a huge fan of Moz and also of drum n bass, minimal techno, and used to be quite into reggae (not so much now, but still love a bit of Toots and the Maytals, have seen Lee Perry multiple times, love the old Trojan classics). I’m going to a Moz gig soon with a mate who listens almost entirely to reggae but also loves Moz. There are a fair few of us.
Good music is good music, whatever the genre. Admittedly some genres have a higher ratio of shite to quality than others (hip-hop for example).
Also dance music serves a different purpose to meaningful ballads. However the DnB scene is utterly fascist towards anyone who doesn’t toe the liberal left line. Have a look at what happened to Mistabishi, a big name producer who sounded off against Islam recently. Dropped instantly by his label, deleted his back catalogue, no bookings... they destroyed his career pretty much overnight. Basically it’s what certain people would have liked to do to Moz, but Moz has too many fans who will listen to his music regardless of what he says.

You could see it as political but I think it's more economic. People would also like to "cancel" Kanye which is the term he uses for it, but can't really because too much money is at stake. When I google Mistabishi I only get results for Mitsubishi. Maybe it's political in part but all record companies that I'm aware of are fans of capitalism and this alone means they can't be completely leftist. The record company that cancelled Mistabishi's career probably did it after calculating profits and losses and not for some leftist principle.
Hip-hop probably appears to have this higher "shite to quality" ratio you talk about because it's about the easiest thing to do. Although not many can do it well anyone can be a rapper and anyone can make beats. It's also a form that probably suffers more than other genres from having been created at a time when the image of what it is and what it's about could be immediately co-opted by advertisers and big record companies. Although it probably has the longest history of any form of popular music if we look at it as storytelling and oral history, or even just as a modern form of the sorts of coded language used by African slaves where work chants had meanings not immediately accessible to those outside the culture, it is thought to be this thing that started in the 80's. It's literally placed in a ghetto and defined as someone saying some silly shit while another person plays prerecorded music.

The record company that cancelled Mistabishi's career probably did it after calculating profits and losses and not for some leftist principle. ]

No, it was mainly out of leftist principle. It wouldnt have hurt their profits at all to retain his back catalogue. It was a massive virtue signalling exercise by the label boss. Which I suppose you could say is with a view to selling more records to their mainly leftist followers. But in fairness to him he does genuinely hold his leftist views. What irks me is the hypocrisy of preaching about tolerance and freedom whilst participating in a witch hunt against someone with opposing views.
I dont agree with everything Morrissey says but he is one of the few people in the industry who is prepared to call out the thought-policing which goes on.

And youre right, hiphop has existed a long time, in effect. I always think of ‘who do you love’ by Bo Diddley as a 1950s hiphop tune. The lyrics are kind of rapped, he references himself, bigs himself up with ridiculous hyperbole etc. “Just twenty-two and I don’t mind dyin’”

I’m curious if there will be any new band members coming aboard. How can Matt with his liberal activist tendencies justify going along with Moz? Gustavo and the bass player from East LA? Tobias I get because he has f*** all else to do.

They don't cut their neck to be violent it's just a clean way of draining the blood. In Islam and Judaism the animal must be unharmed and in good condition then idealy it should take one clean cut to artery in neck. There is evidence that if an animal isnt stunned correctly before slaughter or if cutting method isnt done expertly both can cause considerable distress to the animal. One isn't superior to the other. There will be bad practice in both methods.

THEY DONT CUT THEIR NECK TO BE VIOLENT ITS JUST A CLEAN WAY OF DRAINING THE BLOOD!!!!!! WTF:eek::eek:

FOR 100 PERCENT SURE YOU MUST BE SKINNY/SURFACE!
:straightface:

Mistabishi is maybe not the best example of this because he did say some pretty appalling stuff. But it was still shocking to watch them all round on him. You can see why most musicians are terrified of saying anything controversial.

Hence I admire Morrissey, even when I disagree with him. Because he says what he thinks without running it through the PC filter.

“Love Music, Hate Racism. Love a Witch-Hunt most of all”.

The world has decided Moz is a racist, the views of his fans don't mean shit to them.

No because most of his modern fans are brain dead

An example of that is the 'he can't be racist he dedicated his last lp to a black man'

His online YouTube username is 'Swilliamism'. I don't know what his real name is.

You can support him through Pay Pal if you want. There is a link on his YouTube channel with his email address. I don't support him financially myself though! I don't know how he makes his living?

I think that he is well spoken, articulate and intelligent. He seems like he is quite young. The video focuses mainly on the Tommy R protest in London but he also talks about Nelson Mandela and South Africa.

I like the way he thinks although I don't agree with everything that he says. I think he might be a lawyer he knows a lot about the law. I would say that he is probably part of the "Truth" Movement. He talks a lot about law, politics, Brexit and so on in his videos. I have also heard him talk about Satanic/occult symbolism in London. His videos focus on London quite a lot. I think that he might live in London or close to London.

I don't think he is a Christian though. I haven't heard him talk about Israel or the Jews in his videos. I don't know what the Jewish 'Infowars' Studio in Israel is? Is that connected to Alex Jones?

I personally don't like the American guy Alex Jones who runs 'Infowars' at all. I think he confuses people. I find his style very aggressive. Alex Jones says that he is a Catholic but I don't think that he is a true Christian.

I'm a born-again, Bible-believing Christian and I support the Jewish State of Israel. Some people might call me a 'Zionist' but I don't support violence on either side. I'm a pacifist at heart.

I don't agree with everything that this guy says in his videos. I just find his videos interesting. He reminds me a bit of a young Morrissey.

In terms of politics I'm a Liberal Democrat (Lib Dem). I don't support the Conservative Party or the Labour Party. If people want an alternative to the Conservatives (the 'Tories') or Labour in Britain then they could try the Lib Dems or the "Green Party" there are lots of different political parties out there that are offering an alternative. You don't have to join the far-right. The Lib Dems want to remain within the European Union (EU). Morrissey doesn't only live in Britain anymore he travels about a lot and he tours a lot! Some places Moz loves outside of Britain and the Republic of Ireland are LA in California in America, Rome in Italy and Switzerland.

I'm against Fascism, Communism and also Islamic extremists. I'm also against the New Age Movement and New Age spirituality which came out of the 'New Thought' Movement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Thought

I'm a Christian that supports Israel. I want to preserve the Judeo-Christian way of life and traditional family values. I like the fact that Morrissey supports Israel and he has made that clear in his new album. I'm not sure that Morrissey is a Christian though? I would say that my Christian faith is much more important to me than worldly politics is.

Reminds of a young morrissey.
Jesus are you blind ?

The young morrissey looked nothing like him and was actually a sharp intelligent guy - not that you would beleave it looking at modern morrissey who looks nothing like his old South and seems to have 75% brain cells

I'm not into reggae, but maybe I should say I am to signal my virtue!
Or alternately you could signal your virtue by acknowledging the rampant homophobia in a lot of reggae. I just want you to be able to keep your virtue signaling options open.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom