"Lover-To-Be" Record Store Day listing confirmed & details (Apr. 13, 2019)

46398_46396_20190228_180508.jpg

Record Store Day is April 13.
Confirmed for release on that day:
Morrissey.
Lover-To-Be (now confirmed as a 7").
B-side being the unreleased:

I Thought You Were Dead.

46399_46397_morrissey-lovers-to-be.jpg

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/releases/rsd-2019/morrissey/

Hot off the press.
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool to have another Record Store Day release and to be getting a new b-side.

Lover to Be is a very decent song too.

Haha!
"I Thought You Were Dead" was a joke Moz used on Tony V.
Indeed, first thing I thought of:

"So we made the album, but I started with the band. It was probably later that first night of work before I finally met Morrissey. He I arrived and he said to me, ‘Oh, Visconti, I thought you were dead.’ That was the way he greeted me."

Source: here.
Regards,
FWD.

and still no 12" version or cd single.....
Unfortunately not.
The leaked list/s all cited the 7" as an EP which wasn't helpful, but his history with RSD is mainly vinyl exclusives only.
The unreleased track might surface elsewhere after the fact, but looking to the download section here is probably the best way to get hold of the track in the first instance.
Regards,
FWD.

Hmm.. I'd be pinching salt reading that.
The previous sales figures for these types of release (including RSD Smiths vinyl) were around the 5000 mark.
Happy to be wrong, but 1k only will mean he's not able to claim any best selling RSD release accolade as almost all the others end up selling about 5k unless super, super limited (and clearly marketed as such).
Regards,
FWD.

Hmm.. I'd be pinching salt reading that.
The previous sales figures for these types of release (including RSD Smiths vinyl) were around the 5000 mark.
Happy to be wrong, but 1k only will mean he's not able to claim any best selling RSD release accolade as almost all the others end up selling about 5k unless super, super limited (and clearly marketed as such).
Regards,
FWD.
1,000 via rough trade?

going back to BY THE TIME plus the covers and ITS OVER plus the two new b sides you could make an album.good time to be a Morrissey fan,of course the opener would be BLUE DREAMERS EYES.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom