Low US ticket sales/ 'disaster' - Consequence of Sound / The Fader

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/09/morrisseys-us-tour-suffers-from-low-ticket-sales/

Excerpt: "Perhaps it’s due to his past racist comments and support of xenophobic policies. Maybe fans are scorned from the multitude of cancelations in years’ past. Or, they’re just not that into his tour mates’ new album. Whatever the case, Morrissey’s ongoing US tour doesn’t appear to be selling particularly well.

As Twitter user @BrynRich recently pointed out, there’s a bevy of tickets still available for Morrissey’s upcoming concert in Camden. A further search on Ticketmaster reveals he’ll be playing to similarly empty venues in Rochester Hills, Portland, and Seattle. Not surprisingly, the re-sale market is also suffering, with tickets for the Camden show going for as low as $7.00."

Includes graphics of available seats at upcoming venues.

Is quoting incontestable fact an attack now?
Attack is in ''s as it was being coined in another thread to describe the stories that are basically repeating the same info. That term came from a user here and not from any article or myself - so I'm not getting why I'm being asked about it (as you know, I don't tend to offer an opinion as there's little point).
Regards,
FWD.

Attack is in ''s as it was being coined in another thread to describe the stories that are basically repeating the same info. That term came from a user here and not from any article or myself - so I'm not getting why I'm being asked about it (as you know, I don't tend to offer an opinion as there's little point).
Regards,
FWD.
It doesn't matter what the source is, the point still stands. I'm not having a go at you or anyone else, merely the concept of incontrovertible fact being considered an attack. It's ludicrous.

Like pointing out that someone only has one leg?
As an attack?
There are people here who stick their fingers in their ears and sing la la la when faced with fact that shows their man up in a bad light. You cannot argue with fact, yet, watch below as some people come along to try and do exactly that, claiming that incontrovertible fact is an attack on their hero.

I think the main reason for the abysmal sales is the fact that the music is just utterly shit these days. The album bombed, and this tour will be a washout.

Each album released makes the previous one sound like a masterpiece. Maybe that's the plan... but in reality, WPINOYB, LIHS and CS are f***ing awful albums.

How much were the $7 tickets for in the first place? If it’s $75+ (usual prices) then fair enough

Some people should think twice about what they call a disaster. It's disrespectful to the real disasters that are happening in the world right now. The show seemed quite full and it's evident the boycott didn't work, but if it were not so that wouldn't have been a disaster.

Did the pictures from last night suggest ticket sales were low?

Don’t most of the human race prefer their own color/culture ?
Blacks feel more comfortable around blacks
Asians around other Asians
Hispanics around Hispanics etc
Ironically I think Caucasian’s are the most open to getting along with other cultures
I don’t think Morrissey is
A. Wrong B. Racist
for this observation.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom