Lucky Lisp alternate version

swift eclipse

I saw on an old thread where there is an alternate demo sounding version of Lucky Lisp accidentally placed on the b side of some pressings of TLOTFIP 7 inch. It is apparently quite different from the proper release version. Some people own this. There was talk on this thread that it had never been uploaded and would someone in possession of the record please do so, but it doesn't seem to have happened. Nothing on youtube or the googles. It'd sure be nice to hear it.

Agree, much like the reference CDs never fully surfacing - this remains an unshared enigma/holy grail. I've only seen it mentioned on this site.
Personally, if I owned any of the 'missing' items, I'd happily share digital versions with everyone.
Let's hope.
Regards,
FWD.

That's what I thought when the last reference cd was sold about a year ago, the guy (or girl) who bought it keeps it to himself (herself). It's like ranking, a personal pleasure. Now is personal pleasure the best thing in the world or is pleasuring the world a personal pleasure. The guy might die and the cd put to the bin... You never know who cleans up after you, life is full of surprises...

That's what I thought when the last reference cd was sold about a year ago, the guy (or girl) who bought it keeps it to himself (herself). It's like ranking, a personal pleasure. Now is personal pleasure the best thing in the world or is pleasuring the world a personal pleasure. The guy might die and the cd put to the bin... You never know who cleans up after you, life is full of surprises...

Well put!

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...ing-with-alternate-lucky-lisp-on-ebay.114852/

Interesting how little commentary this generated. I didn't remember being aware it existed. I can't recall who provided it, but circa the bulk rarities drop around the holidays in 2015-2016, someone on the site shared a list of known solo rarities in collectors' hand. This wasn't on it.

I own this.

The seller was drunk. The whole thing is nonsense. It's a genuine test pressing, but both sides are identical to the regular 7".

This led me to a dispute on ebay, and I won.

I own this.

The seller was drunk. The whole thing is nonsense. It's a genuine test pressing, but both sides are identical to the regular 7".

This led me to a dispute on ebay, and I won.
Thank you for this.
This would explain why the info only really exists here and not PJLM/Record Collector et al.
Regards,
FWD.

Do we know what known but unreleased songs have yet to leak? I am aware of the alternate version of There Speaks A True Friend and the video South With Morrissey (technically not a song, but would love to see it anyways), early version of Home is A Question Mark, and a few different versions of Miraval sessions

What else?

Back
Top Bottom