Morrissey Central "Mamma Lay Softly" (August 15, 2020)

"The flowers of solace, comfort and consolation that have arrived at Beechmount - my mother's home for over 30 years, and now, her premature place of rest, are all so Hindu sundar; so beautiful; so expensive; so lavish; so glamorous; so much more than I ever expected that anyone anywhere would bestow on my mother. For my own life I don't care anything, but how my worldwide friends have regarded my mother with such great respect and faithful love is a gift to me that no success, triumphs or riches could match.

I send you what remains of my love, and I hope that we all survive so that one day, one way, the halls of music and free expression will never again hold the power to exercise their malicious deception that keeps us apart."

Morrissey
14 August 2020.

Update:
Central add some more floral tribute images:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
You seem mentally ill.
I’m not, I’m Autistic.

I wish him well as he processes her passing. As a member of Dead Moms Club I’d like to warn him she will creep up on him in the strangest and most delightful ways. A song played in a grocery store, a random bird, a kid. It’s strangely fun to witness. In a few weeks of course. Oh cats too. Cats are like the dead person’s starter pack.

Last edited:
I’m not, I’m Autistic.

I wish him well as he processes her passing. As a member of Dead Moms Club I’d like to warn him she will creep up on him in the strangest and most delightful ways. A song played in a grocery store, a random bird, a kid. It’s strangely fun to witness. In a few weeks of course. Oh cats too. Cats are like the dead person’s starter pack.

I think he will be fine without a warning from you.

Elvis died 43 years ago yesterday, I was a 13 year old on a train to Glasgow for my school uniform when I found out.
Yes, Elvis Presley died on 16th August 1977 at the age of only 42 very tragic.

I thought that the song "Mama Liked The Roses" by Elvis Presley was appropriate because of the intensely close relationship Elvis Presley had with his very beloved dear mother Gladys Love Smith Presley. It reminded me of the very close relationship Morrissey had with his own mother Elizabeth ('Betty') Anne Dwyer his rock, his best friend, his everything.

Gladys Love Smith Presley died tragically at the young age of 46.

images (16).jpg

Elvis Presley "Mama Liked The Roses". A sad song about a mother who died:

Elvis Presley "My Boy". A tribute to Elvis Presley's only grandson Benjamin Keough who tragically died earlier this summer at the very young age of 27:

I chose Elvis Presley's version of "Danny Boy" because the song is about someone dying or is dead and because of the Irish connection the tune is the traditional Irish melody called the "Londonderry Air":

"He Looked Beyond My Fault (And Saw My Need)" by Dottie Rambo. A Southern Gospel song adapted from the traditional Irish melody the "Londonderry Air":

"I cannot tell why He, whom angels worship" Christian hymn set to the traditional Irish melody of the "Londonderry Air":

Grief comes in waves. Grief is like an open wound that never properly heals. Over time you learn to live with the fact that the person is no longer around. You are left with memories and thoughts they live on in your heart. I'm a born-again Christian and I believe in Heaven. They say that time, talking about the loved one who has died and tears can help. Having a good support network around you can also be helpful.

🇮🇪 :rose::bee:🌾 🌻 💐 :cat:❤✝

Last edited:
I felt a strange sense of freedom moments after my mom died. I didn't have to take care of someone anymore.

I can totally understand that and from what I've read it's not an uncommon feeling. If looking after your parent is a burden then the sense of relief is normal to me. But you might get that feeling for any other reason and it would be fine too.

I imagine when a parent dies sometimes it's a bit like when you're a kid at school and the teacher walks out of the classroom and you have a Whoopee! moment (however brief)
Just like on an internet forum, there will always be a little miss/ mr Perfect in the classroom to disapprove and try and shame you for it... That's as certain as Death and Taxes.

And that's fine too, I guess, ...but it won't be me. ;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom