Meat is Murder/Strangeways Here We come box set?

everydayslikesunday

Hi

I apologise if this has been mentioned before but I couldn't find any info on this site.

Does anyone know if this is genuine?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-Meat-Is-Murder-Strangeways-Here-We-Come/release/11124790

My gut feeling they are official releases in non-official packaging like the Half A Person set from a few years back? There are a few for sale on Ebay but mostly from the same seller? They actually look really nice but not worth it if not official. Those anyone have anymore information?

Hi

I apologise if this has been mentioned before but I couldn't find any info on this site.

Does anyone know if this is genuine?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-Meat-Is-Murder-Strangeways-Here-We-Come/release/11124790

My gut feeling they are official releases in non-official packaging like the Half A Person set from a few years back? There are a few for sale on Ebay but mostly from the same seller? They actually look really nice but not worth it if not official. Those anyone have anymore information?
I believe this to be a legitimate Warners (France) release.
They (sonically) are the 2008 Marr remasters and the product was released in 2017.
They contain a link to a digital Warners download of the same albums too.
Regards,
FWD.

Can't locate the original French site, but similar from Poland:
http://www.warnermusic.pl/album/meat-is-murder-strangeways-here-we-come

They are genuine French Warners release, I bought from Amazon France. They are copies of the Rhino remasters as FWD said ROURH 106, and ROURH 81 in a clear plastic sleeve with an obi. Odd release really just the 2 packaged together with no mention of when or if they'll release the others.

Attachments

• france1.jpg
    france1.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 0
  • france2.jpg
    france2.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 0
  • france3.jpg
    france3.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 0
  • france4.jpg
    france4.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 0
They are genuine French Warners release, I bought from Amazon France. They are copies of the Rhino remasters as FWD said ROURH 106, and ROURH 81 in a clear plastic sleeve with an obi. Odd release really just the 2 packaged together with no mention of when or if they'll release the others.

They won't release others, it was just a release plan that included various 2 LP packs of different artists and yes they're legitimate official releases.

Thank you all for your knowledge, thank you especially to billybu69 who gave me the idea of looking for a copy from Amazon (France). They are still selling them and I was about to buy one when it struck me that Amazon (UK) might also sell copies. It was long shot as it was a French release but worth a look I thought and to my delight they had 2 copies left, now 1 ;-) £33.04 and delivered in about 14 hours, I can't complain.

Thank you all for your knowledge, thank you especially to billybu69 who gave me the idea of looking for a copy from Amazon (France). They are still selling them and I was about to buy one when it struck me that Amazon (UK) might also sell copies. It was long shot as it was a French release but worth a look I thought and to my delight they had 2 copies left, now 1 ;-) £33.04 and delivered in about 14 hours, I can't complain.

5 on Discogs all under 30 quid

Back
Top Bottom