Michael Stipe Mentions Morrissey in acast.com interview

good little interview,stipe says Morrissey is the best titleist of songs,hard to disagree with that.

play most of now my heart is full,talk about how morrisseys friends are in literature ie dallow spicer pinkie cubit.

MSG, July 1991 ~

fa79df54db9a0bf1bff6ca3d6be50b06.jpg

"Just kiss me; it'll be so good..."

31633512336_76d51a8a3a_o.jpg

:brows:

Don't know for sure but didn't Moz once said Found, Found, Found is about Michael Stipe?
Found someone in this murkiness. (Someone, at the time maybe the only one, in the musicindustry he liked?)

That was quite interesting!
I found it rather strange that neither the interviewer nor Stipe recognized the "there's more to life than books..." line as a lyric, not from an interview.

I don't see the parallel of REM with the Smiths at all. Never liked them. Glad Morrissey refused to kiss him. It would've been a kiss of death.

I don't see the parallel of REM with the Smiths at all. Never liked them. Glad Morrissey refused to kiss him. It would've been a kiss of death.
Well, let's see... Jingly jangly guitar pop with sexually ambiguous frontmen with funny voices and strange lyrics... I've agreed for years that REM are America's answer to the Smiths.

Last edited:
Well, let's see... Jingly jangly guitar pop with sexually ambiguous frontmen with funny voices and strange lyrics... I've said for years that REM are America's answer to the Smiths.

Hardly a new comparison and certainly not exclusive to you.

Well, let's see... Jingly jangly guitar pop with sexually ambiguous frontmen with funny voices and strange lyrics... I've said for years that REM are America's answer to the Smiths.
That's just your opinion. I disagree. The Smiths were original. Anything else is just a cheap imitation, including REM.

That's just your opinion. I disagree. The Smiths were original. Anything else is just a cheap imitation, including REM.
I disagree with yours. REM were a great band at many points. But with all art, opinion is entirely subjective, and meaningless.

Well, let's see... Jingly jangly guitar pop with sexually ambiguous frontmen with funny voices and strange lyrics... I've agreed for years that REM are America's answer to the Smiths.

I can't agree with that. REM had a few good songs in the beginning, but compare them to the Smiths or Morrissey as a solo artist? No way. Stipe has never been sexually ambiguous, either.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom