"Mid90s" features "We'll Let You Know" in soundtrack

Shoplifterromo writes:

Just checked out Jonah Hill’s directorial debut, “Mid90s”, and was surprised to see a Smiths poster in a bedroom scene and was thrilled to hear Morrissey’s “We’ll Let You Know” during an extended skate scene. As for the film itself, props to Mr. Hill for directing and writing a wonderful piece on old Moz favorites like isolation and wanting.

44662_mid90s.jpg

Related item:

I was on the fence until I read that there were characters named f***shit and Forth Grade, which made me never want to see any movie ever again.

But when I read that Hill chose We'll Let You Know as the song they skate to, I'm swayed back. However, I have a feeling the irony of the song's use is lost on Hill.
He knows. Watch the movie and you’ll know he knows. He could’ve put 500 other 90s medleys to that scene but he chose a Morrissey song. Brilliant.

He knows. Watch the movie and you’ll know he knows. He could’ve put 500 other 90s medleys to that scene but he chose a Morrissey song. Brilliant.

Yeah I mean it's possible. After all I'm pretty sure Morrissey's "racism" doesn't apply to blacks. I'll go see it tomorrow after I turn in the ice cream truck.

Yeah I mean it's possible. After all I'm pretty sure Morrissey's "racism" doesn't apply to blacks. I'll go see it tomorrow after I turn in the ice cream truck.
f*** off with your lies about ice cream trucks.

About the movie, it often dealt with the struggle of belonging which is a recurring Morrissey theme, and it was easy to imagine Morrissey himself identifying with BOTH the characters in the scene featuring his song. Whether swerving into traffic, taking risks, enduring the whole night, being lost, being found by an unlikely savior, being embarrassed, being schooled, it was a gorgeous montage even while ironic. And the song was featured the longest of all the tracks other than Nirvana’s acoustic Where Did You Sleep Last Night in the background of a party scene. The whole movie was fantastic. He might not get it bc he’s older, but we get it.

I attended an advanced screening of Mid90s last night. It’s a rough coming-of-age story, which makes it believable. The use of “We’ll Let You Know” is brilliant, the build up to the scene and the scene itself is perhaps the best in the film.

I attended an advanced screening of Mid90s last night. It’s a rough coming-of-age story, which makes it believable. The use of “We’ll Let You Know” is brilliant, the build up to the scene and the scene itself is perhaps the best in the film.
totally agree,film was very good for a first time director and the song works very well and they play a lot of the song,it isn't a 30 second clip.

Not to be confused with Trent's OST.
Morrissey last on the list.
Regards,
FWD.

saw it a while ago and thought it was very raw,good for a first directorial debut.they play a good chunk of the song and it fits perfectly.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom