Mike Joyce in new Lexus CT 200h 'Drum Roll' TV Commercial (UK)

I happened to notice a rather smart Mike Joyce drumming in the advert for the new Lexus Hybrid car in the UK. Appears twice on stage in what looks like the Apollo in Manchester. Links to ad and interviews where he plays TQID intro below

Last edited by a moderator:
Crickey!
From a lawnmower part to one of those drumming wind-up monkeys!

Wtf does this have to do with Lexus? Errrmm? It's an advertisement for the car maybe? Not sure...

Yawn.

I think the question was what does a bloke drumming in what looks to be the Manchester Apollo has to do with a car.

Mike actually plays the intro to 'The Queen is Dead' in part of this ad. After the initial drum roll on the snare he moves on to a drum pattern played on his floor tom; this is the same drum pattern as in 'The Queen is Dead'.

It is great to see this. Watching him play always puts a smile on my face.

Are you thick?

We see that you berk. BUT the question is what it has to do with driving, owning or buying a car.

My goodness.

It's just supposed to be entertaining, dumb ass!

Most advertising has little to do with the actual product.

This one equates Mike Joyce's rock star cool with the car and the brand.

Joyce Michael is but one of many drummers in this ad and was not featured as THE standout drummer amongst the others; he didn't get the opening, closing, or "starring" shot. This ad was about a car. As an ad, it's decent--nothing ground-breaking--but kind of fun.

It's just supposed to be entertaining, dumb ass!

Most advertising has little to do with the actual product.

This one equates Mike Joyce's rock star cool with the car and the brand.

"BUT the question is what it has to do with driving, owning or buying a car.

Not sure...It's in an advertisement for the car maybe?

"BUT the question is what it has to do with driving, owning or buying a car.

Not sure...It's in an advertisement for the car maybe?

Alfonso..you either don't understand marketing or haven't watched the ad. The car is a Hybrid and silent (as silent as a car can be). The idea is to highlight the contrast between the silince and calm of the driving experience in a luxury hybrid vehicle and the sound and energy that comes from drumming. It's simple enough. Any other ads you want explaining?

Ciao for now.
Jez

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom