Morrissey A-Z: "I Am Two People"

By third twin does he mean a moderate version of himself or a lover?

I thought he meant a significant other that would take him as he is, both sides of him, and maybe even complete him.

He's a romantic at heart, after all.

A great track - I prefer this to a lot of the songs on the actual album. Yes, it's pretty simple musically - but in much the same way that some of Steven Street's songs were, it gives Morrissey a great platform to do his thing. It's one of Moz's most impassioned vocals from recent years, and I love the note choices he makes, particularly with that soaring "I am - I am - ohhhhhhhhh' at about 3:05 on.

A great track - I prefer this to a lot of the songs on the actual album. Yes, it's pretty simple musically - but in much the same way that some of Steven Street's songs were, it gives Morrissey a great platform to do his thing. It's one of Moz's most impassioned vocals from recent years, and I love the note choices he makes, particularly with that soaring "I am - I am - ohhhhhhhhh' at about 3:05 on.
Don’t know about the notes but I agree with the rest. He sounds great here

I quite enjoy the lyrics, the delivery not so much. The music is just uninspired or even boring.

its a b-side but its a good b-side.7 from 10.
precisely how i feel. completes the job it sets out to do.

i am glad we finally agree on something. fancy a blowie?

I imagine "third twin" was just something that sounded clever while he was drunk.

It can be both. A drunk mind speaks a sober heart, they say. 😉

The problem is not that there's two of him, or four, for people who squint. I think up to eight Morrisseys is manageable if you give them names and jobs (Grumpy Moody Sappy Cranky Catty Touchy Feely etc.)

No, the problem is that all the Morrisseys disappear behind the many gesticulating minions they have at their service. (The Morrisseys probably thought they had too much personality for that to ever happen...Ah the Morrisseys. So naive. :rolleyes:)

I really like this song . Should replace " The lazy dykes" on the proper Quarry album. And it's a pity it's not on the Swords .

Agreed on the impassioned vocals. This is one I hadn't heard before. I've given it a few listens. What's standout to me are Morrissey's vocals over decent music and the lyrics seem a bit meh, but also quintessential Morrissey at the same time.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom