Morrissey album Poetry Hour on Amazon (bootleg)

Here is the excellent soundboard recording of the gig from FLAC->320kbps.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ucigwi
Track 5: Such A Little...leads in to Suede's My Insatiable One.
(This was AKA I'm A Poet bootleg).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Wonder why this is being released now, with no promotion? I would have thought it was illegal to release 'unofficial' recordings without the artist's/management's permission.

It's on a label called Sonic Boom. Going by Discogs, all their previous releases are unofficial releases of radio broadcasts, so sadly this looks like it's going to be another bootleg: https://www.discogs.com/label/777136-Sonic-Boom-5

A shame - I was hoping this might be some official archive recording, but presumably it's just going to be a rehash of the previous 'I'm a Poet' bootleg CD under a new title. Expect it to be pulled from Amazon once one of Morrissey's team notices it.

The concert CD now has a nice cover and a description on Amazon:
SUPERB 1992 BROADCAST SHOW FROM MOZZER PERFORMED WHILE PROMOTING YOUR ARSENAL ALBUM Recorded for FM Broadcast at the Balch Fieldhouse, part of the University of Colorado in that state s capital city, Boulder on 1st October 1992, this dynamic show by the ex-Smiths man Morrissey was part of his tour to promote his album of earlier the same year, Your Arsenal, released in July. Morrissey s third solo record, Arsenal was praised by critics and adored by fans. Robert Christgau in the Village Voice said of it, It s his most consistent set to date and awarded it an A+ on his ratings web site. His co-compositions with lead guitarist Alain Whyte was particularly praised, while Entertainment USA wrote of Whyte s guitar work on the album, "it provides the very melodic, sometimes rockabilly-inflected settings Morrissey demands, and frequently they end up triumphant." This recording features a number of cuts from his latest release, mixed with a few tracks from his previous records, but without an old Smiths song to be heard anywhere.

The concert CD now has a nice cover and a description on Amazon:
SUPERB 1992 BROADCAST SHOW FROM MOZZER PERFORMED WHILE PROMOTING YOUR ARSENAL ALBUM Recorded for FM Broadcast at the Balch Fieldhouse, part of the University of Colorado in that state s capital city, Boulder on 1st October 1992, this dynamic show by the ex-Smiths man Morrissey was part of his tour to promote his album of earlier the same year, Your Arsenal, released in July. Morrissey s third solo record, Arsenal was praised by critics and adored by fans. Robert Christgau in the Village Voice said of it, It s his most consistent set to date and awarded it an A+ on his ratings web site. His co-compositions with lead guitarist Alain Whyte was particularly praised, while Entertainment USA wrote of Whyte s guitar work on the album, "it provides the very melodic, sometimes rockabilly-inflected settings Morrissey demands, and frequently they end up triumphant." This recording features a number of cuts from his latest release, mixed with a few tracks from his previous records, but without an old Smiths song to be heard anywhere.

Are you getting it?

I found this on AmazonUK and I thought it would be good to share it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poetry-Hou...UTF8&qid=1542922474&sr=8-5&keywords=morrissey

51TnqFwOikL.jpg

Product Description

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Amazon UK has listed a new Morrissey live recording from 92. The recording is quite good and includes my insaitable one from SUEDE.

Did anyone pick this up, and if so is it any different sound quality from the previous 'I'm a Poet' bootleg, or just the same recording in different packaging?

Did anyone pick this up, and if so is it any different sound quality from the previous 'I'm a Poet' bootleg, or just the same recording in different packaging?
I'm not particularly interested, but I posted the gig previously.
I won't bad mouth Sonic Boom too much, but I don't believe they put any extra effort in to tweaking the source material. It was a FM recording and if they'd remastered it or found a better source - I'd expect them to say.
Anyone?
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom