Morrissey at #2 in UK midweeks charts

https://www.officialcharts.com/char...r-and-pnb-rock-collaboration-cross-me__26417/

Excerpt:
Over on the albums chart, Morrissey is on course to be this week’s highest new entry with his twelfth studio album California Son at Number 2, while Lewis Capaldi’s Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent is heading for a second week at the top, outselling the Top 3 combined.

Elton John has two albums in the Top 10 following the release of his movie biopic Rocketman. The film's Motion Picture Cast Recording is at 4, while his 50th anniversary album Diamonds jumps nine places midweek to Number 6.

Yes indeed, less and less albums are sold, that's the way of the world.
The National sold only 12k last week as well.
In some weeks you can have a number 1 with 10k.

But of course chart positions always matter.

Suspect sales matter more to BMG then chart position?

That’s also less than Johnnys Call the comet which was around 8k sales in its first week I think?

That’s also less than Johnnys Call the comet which was around 8k sales in its first week I think?
Yes, it will end up selling about the same. But that was Johnny's 3rd and this is Moz's 12th.
I don't think Johnny's 12th comprised of mostly obscure cover versions will go anywhere near :)

Yes, it will end up selling about the same. But that was Johnny's 3rd and this is Moz's 12th.
I don't think Johnny's 12th comprised of mostly obscure cover versions will go anywhere near :)
I doubt he will get anywhere near releasing 12 albums never mind a cover album

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom