Morrissey: "Autobiography" Audio Book (MP3s)

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
morrissey-autobiography-david-morrissey.jpg

TTY - 3, November, 2013:

"David Reads Morrissey.
Penguin Classics will release a complete and unabridged digital download of Morrissey’s Autobiography on 5 December 2013.
The audio book is read by acclaimed actor David Morrissey."

Static link (if this link ends up in Facebook groups it will be deleted):

https://mega.nz/#!d9F2zSCa!tkZASTiknp5FwoUP9LBZcEOUpdCpP7LVV0_TGB-WY5w

(Size: 14 MP3s zipped for a total of about 1.01 Gig).

Enjoy,
Regards,
FWD.

Dude. THANKS. I know it says unabridged but is it safe to assume this is the original British version of the text and not the slightly edited American edition that came out shortly afterward that tones down the Jake stuff?

Dude. THANKS. I know it says unabridged but is it safe to assume this is the original British version of the text and not the slightly edited American edition that came out shortly afterward that tones down the Jake stuff?
Unfortunately (not checked), I recall it being mentioned here that the Jake parts had been omitted from the audio also.
The hardback was edited too with the text (below) and a photo of Jake removed. They both came out at the same time and appear to be both emulating the American text version.

Parts removed:

"I am photographed for Creem magazine with my head resting on Jake's exposed belly."

"Indulgently Jake and I test how far each of us can go before 'being dwelt in' causes cries of intolerable struggle, but our closeness transcends such visitations."

"'Well,' said the woman in the British Airways lounge, 'You're either very close brothers or lovers.' 'Can't brothers be lovers?' I impudently reply."

I will give it a proper listen, but I think it's without those bits and there wasn't a full audio version ever released.

Regards,
FWD.

Unfortunately (not checked), I recall it being mentioned here that the Jake parts had been omitted from the audio also.
The hardback was edited too with the text removed and a photo of Jake. They both came out at the same time and appear to be both emulating the American text version.

Parts removed:

"I am photographed for Creem magazine with my head resting on Jake's exposed belly."

"Indulgently Jake and I test how far each of us can go before 'being dwelt in' causes cries of intolerable struggle, but our closeness transcends such visitations."

"'Well,' said the woman in the British Airways lounge, 'You're either very close brothers or lovers.' 'Can't brothers be lovers?' I impudently reply."

I will give it a proper listen, but I think it's without those bits and there wasn't a full audio version ever released.

Regards,
FWD.

Still awesome of you to share this. But is the original version still buyable? (the text I mean)

Still awesome of you to share this. But is the original version still buyable? (the text I mean)
The original paperback UK version is the one you are after and it's still out there.
If you don't mind your books needing batteries - check your direct message inbox :)
Regards,
FWD.

I will now have to do a double check as I forgot to mention (just to add to the confusion) the removed parts were put back in the US paperback version in 2014 according to Billboard (Oct, 2014).
Anyone looking to buy the 'full' version needs to be aware of the different publications kicking around out there.
Regards,
FWD.

I will now have to do a double check as I forgot to mention (just to add to the confusion) the removed parts were put back in the US paperback version in 2014 according to Billboard (Oct, 2014).
Anyone looking to buy the 'full' version needs to be aware of the different publications kicking around out there.
Regards,
FWD.

That's basically why I never bought it.

View attachment 47231

TTY - 3, November, 2013:

"David Reads Morrissey.
Penguin Classics will release a complete and unabridged digital download of Morrissey’s Autobiography on 5 December 2013.
The audio book is read by acclaimed actor David Morrissey."

Static link (if this link ends up in Facebook groups it will be deleted):

https://mega.nz/#!d9F2zSCa!tkZASTiknp5FwoUP9LBZcEOUpdCpP7LVV0_TGB-WY5w

(Size: 14 MP3s zipped for a total of about 1.01 Gig).

Enjoy,
Regards,
FWD.
Please can you upload via sendspace ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom