Morrissey autobiography bookcover revealed

Re: Morrissey Autobiography Bookcover Revealed!

4661562515_d3b4324b30_b.jpg

4661562499_54b09ede58_b.jpg

:rofl:

omg, genius!

I find this cover deeply offensive and insulting towards Moz, I wonder if this isn`t against the TOS of this Site.

Jokes are supposed to be funny, this is not

Get a sense of humor. If you really care about what Morrissey thinks, ah, f*** it. It's no use.

These are f***ing hilarious!

PlEASE PLEASE PLEASE move this thread to Pigsty. Funny or not it's offensive to some and shouldn't be in General Discussion.

Imagine Morrissey was a woman, for a sec if you please.
The posted "covers" would be surely viewed as sexist, not funny. People who know me around these boards know that I am not a prude and have indeed a well developed sense of humour, so don`t patronize me in telling me I should lighten up.

How would you react if your own name/ face/body was posted on exactly these covers in this style? In General Discussion?

If its so funny for you how would you like me to post such a cover next to each of your posts? I presume I would be banned pretty soon. Why should such appalling behaviour be ok for Morrissey?

So I dare you to allow me in writing to use your username in such a way
and guarantee me that you will take that as a nice joke, you not being offended and
the moderators allowing me to post this without getting a banning

Unless you allow me in the above mentioned manner I take you as the joke that you allegedly try to make, as double-standard holding pseudoMozfans who deserve no respect whatsoever.

So, it`s your choice.

My husband was given a 3 day time out for jokingly suggesting that someone on Solo might be gay. JJ was banned for a year for posting a picture of Baby Hitler and suggesting it was Kewpie. I don't understand why it's OK to treat Morrissey, who is a living breathing human being -- not just an abstract character like you seem to think he is, in a way that is a bannable offense when directed at a member of Solo.

This shouldn't be up for debate. This is a clear, indisputable violation of the TOS. The mods are clearly wrong, and as always, selectively and inconsistently applying the TOS. Item 1 of the TOS says:

You agree to not use the Service to:

1. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
Furthermore, Wikipedia defines libel as anything that may give an individual a negative image. Morrissey could sue Solo for allowing this post to stand.

Another thing that's disturbing is the way homosexuality is treated here on Solo. It's mocked and ridiculed. Doesn't anyone here understand that much of Morrissey's music is about normalizing different kinds of sexuality and breaking free from gender stereotypes? Suggesting that Morrissey is gay isn't the issue. It's suggesting that he's gay and that he's to be dismissed as a stereotype (mincing, pink-wearing, ridiculous, hyper-sexual). How anyone can, in good conscience, add to that kind of backwards view of the world is beyond me.

If you had asked me ten years ago I never could have predicted that a Morrissey fan site would be like this.

Last edited:

Another thing that's disturbing is the way homosexuality is treated here on Solo. It's mocked and ridiculed. Doesn't anyone here understand that much of Morrissey's music is about normalizing different kinds of sexuality and breaking free from gender stereotypes? Suggesting that Morrissey is gay isn't the issue. It's suggesting that he's gay and that he's to be dismissed as a stereotype (mincing, pink-wearing, ridiculous, hyper-sexual). How anyone can, in good conscience, add to that kind of backwards view of the world is beyond me.

I agree with Scarlet's above post but would like to re-emphasise her above comments. I think I was the 2nd person to view the first post, before Quiffaa had posted. I left the thread assuming something so homophobic would be immediately moved to Pigsty when discovered by the mods. My expectations for this site are too high, I think.:(

I know that this site has always been plagued by toadies and apologists, but goddamn, this is getting ridiculous. Enough with the moral outrage. This is an entertainment site, or at least it used to be.

I know that this site has always been plagued by toadies and apologists, but goddamn, this is getting ridiculous. Enough with the moral outrage. This is an entertainment site, or at least it used to be.

Pointing out that this is an obvious violation of the TOS has nothing to do with being an apologist for Morrissey. Also, apologizing for what? For not being macho? He hasn't done anything to apologize for. I'd be saying the same thing if anyone else was being attacked in this way because it's just wrong. Actually, I HAVE. I've defended homosexuality on this site many times. It amazes me that I have to!

"Entertainment" doesn't have to be abusive.

Honestly, I'd like to see what would happen if someone posted a picture of one of the mods with a pixelated penis about to enter his or her mouth.

This is an entertainment site, or at least it used to be.

Is "entertainment" unloading a shipload of crap over the oneyou profess to be a fan of? With fans like you who needs enemies?

And you did not answer yet, Not Right in the Head

and guarantee me that you will take that as a nice joke, you not being offended ?

not answering this is pretty wimpy in my book

It amazes me that a Morrissey site would attract so many whose ideals seem in clear opposition to what he publicly expresses to believe.

Last edited:

Quiffaa, do whatever you want with my username and/or picture, which you can find here, if you know where to look. You can even feel free to say nasty things about me in large, boldface type, if it makes you feel better. I really don't care. Just make sure you do it at the beginning of your posts, because honestly, I usually don't have the motivation to get past the first sentence or two of what you write. (Not even if it's boldfaced.)

Gretchen, being a fan of someone doesn't mean you have to agree with everything, or indeed anything, that he believes. If that amazes you, well, that's your problem.

PlEASE PLEASE PLEASE move this thread to Pigsty. Funny or not it's offensive to some and shouldn't be in General Discussion.

I have to agree here. I don't have any strong opinions about it either way (saying that, although clearly intended to be humorous and lighthearted, I do find it rather crude) but I can definitely see how others find it offensive. The double standards perturb me somewhat as well, as explained in Scarlet Ibis' posts.

Also, not approving of something one finds offensive and insulting to Morrissey does not make someone a sycophant, toady, arse-licker or whatever term you wish to use. These kinds of phrases seem to thoughtlessly spring up whenever someone feels vaguely respectful or kind towards him.

Last edited:

Suggesting that Morrissey is gay isn't the issue. It's suggesting that he's gay and that he's to be dismissed as a stereotype (mincing, pink-wearing, ridiculous, hyper-sexual). How anyone can, in good conscience, add to that kind of backwards view of the world is beyond me.

Again, I agree. I don't think Mozza necessarily meant to be offensive, but still...

I actually can't believe people spend their life getting annoyed at things like this
sleep.gif

Imagine Morrissey was a woman, for a sec if you please.
The posted "covers" would be surely viewed as sexist, not funny. People who know me around these boards know that I am not a prude and have indeed a well developed sense of humour, so don`t patronize me in telling me I should lighten up.

How would you react if your own name/ face/body was posted on exactly these covers in this style? In General Discussion?

If its so funny for you how would you like me to post such a cover next to each of your posts? I presume I would be banned pretty soon. Why should such appalling behaviour be ok for Morrissey?

and guarantee me that you will take that as a nice joke, you not being offended and
the moderators allowing me to post this without getting a banning

Unless you allow me in the above mentioned manner I take you as the joke that you allegedly try to make, as double-standard holding pseudoMozfans who deserve no respect whatsoever.

So, it`s your choice.

Do what you want, i'm not bothered, find a picture of me and Photoshop whatever you want in it, I have a thicker skin, how on earth can you be so offended by some forum user on a website? Anyone would have thought I've got a picture of you an Photoshopped it.

Plus other people find it funny so I'm going to keep on with the joke.

Ciao for now

Pointing out that this is an obvious violation of the TOS has nothing to do with being an apologist for Morrissey. Also, apologizing for what? For not being macho? He hasn't done anything to apologize for. I'd be saying the same thing if anyone else was being attacked in this way because it's just wrong. Actually, I HAVE. I've defended homosexuality on this site many times. It amazes me that I have to!

"Entertainment" doesn't have to be abusive.

Honestly, I'd like to see what would happen if someone posted a picture of one of the mods with a pixelated penis about to enter his or her mouth.

How do you know it's a penis? There's no offensive material there so get your facts right. If i'd have photoshopped a cock near his mouth then maybe yes but I didn't, I decided to make it unclear which adds to the humour.

Your sense of humour is obviously very wet, you can't appreciate satire and irony? Don't worry about Morrissey as well love he's a big boy, actually 51, and I don't think he'll be sueing this site. I think he's got more on his plate to be honest than to be bothered about me.

Obviously i'm a massive Moz fan and adore his work and music, i'm not so far up his arse though to realise that he's a human and not some demi-God, look through the Post Your Morrissey Artwork thread and see I've drawn beautiful pictures of him, this is just a joke, so shut your mouth.

Don't you think I know that this bookcover I did is totally horrible in design and content? It's still funny though.

Everytime something maybe misconstruded as homophobic (which it isn't) or racist or any -ism you get on your moral high horse, and don't stop beating your self-righteousness into us...

Stop banging on about your husband too. It's boring.

From what began as a rather poor joke (i.e. not particularly funny but not offensive) this thread is getting better with every
outraged comment. ( a bit like when the Daily Mail jumps on some innocuous event)
Hip hip hoorah !

:)

Weird. It's like you people don't know Morrissey at all! Oh wait...you don't.

Tags
abusive blindadoration boring funny holierthanthou homophobia hypocrites jawohl moral police obscene pseudo_moz_fans stem the rose
Back
Top Bottom