Morrissey Central: "New Morrissey Album" - 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain' (November 28, 2019)

unnamed-1_kyednx.jpg

Morrissey's new studio album, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, is scheduled for March 2020 release by BMG. The album was recorded in St-remy, France, with producer Joe Chiccarelli. The eleven tracks are:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw The River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret Of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

Morrissey has described I Am Not A Dog On A Chain as:

" … the very best of me … too good to be true … too true to be considered good … ", and concludes Morrissey's contract with BMG Records.

The first single is "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?", which features vocals by Thelma Houston. The B-side is "Rainbow Valley", a cover of the UK hit by The Love Affair.

BMG will re-issue and re-master several Morrissey albums in 2020, with updated artwork and sleeve notes. These albums are: Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted, You Are The Quarry, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, Years Of Refusal, Live At The Hollwood Bowl.

Morrissey has so far achieved 24 Top Ten albums in the UK - 14 solo, 10 with The Smiths. His highest U.S. chart position was this year with "California Son" at number 7.

This information provided by Rod Taylor.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/new-morrissey-album

The Secret Of Music mystery solved.
Rainbow Valley appears again.
Reissues could be promising.
Is that a Loyd Grossman reference in the tracklist!?
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Morrissey's solo albums seem to follow a pattern whereby one very good album is followed by two not-so-good albums. So, ignoring the covers album, I fear we are in for another disappointment.

viva hate - class
Kill uncle - meh (but at least it’s fun!)
Arsenal - very good
Vauxhall - class
Southpaw - class once it grows on you
Malad - decent , some GREAT tracks
Quarry - very enjoyable and easy to listen to
Ringleader - masterpiece
Refusal - not my fave but a grower
World Peace - unadulterated shit
Low - poo poo
C.son - more poo poo

B-sides - please be good this album..

no covers - oops starting off poorly already

2-3 per single - oops ....

I see you're still being silly...back in June 2019, you commented on CS chart position, (which you seemed then, & still seem to be, obsessed with), together with the various statements made on 'Central'...at that time you had the common sense to realise "in fairness" that it was unlikely that Moz himself had made the comment, or written the statement. I'll dig it out for you if you wish?

If you prefer to believe the #95 position instead of the #7 position, then fine. Go away & smile to yourself smugly & feel that sense of achievement that you are clearly looking for.

The facts are, however, (& I know you're not keen on facts) that both are documented, so to my mind both are correct, when put into correct context (I know you don't like context either), otherwise someone would be suing someone else for stating a falsehood.

Can you really see Moz making edits on his website, FFS? I'm sure he has much better things to do with his time as he's a world famous mega mega star, or have you forgotten?

it wasn’t #7 in the proper charts, was barely in the top 100. Stop being in denial. The album was wank, and it placed terribly. Move on.

I see you're still being silly...back in June 2019, you commented on CS chart position, (which you seemed then, & still seem to be, obsessed with), together with the various statements made on 'Central'...at that time you had the common sense to realise "in fairness" that it was unlikely that Moz himself had made the comment, or written the statement. I'll dig it out for you if you wish?

If you prefer to believe the #95 position instead of the #7 position, then fine. Go away & smile to yourself smugly & feel that sense of achievement that you are clearly looking for.

The facts are, however, (& I know you're not keen on facts) that both are documented, so to my mind both are correct, when put into correct context (I know you don't like context either), otherwise someone would be suing someone else for stating a falsehood.

Can you really see Moz making edits on his website, FFS? I'm sure he has much better things to do with his time as he's a world famous mega mega star, or have you forgotten?

You’re missing point, he is a liar. It did not get to number 7 in the official US chart.

Ridiculous, he's been talking about this album for a year now. It certainly wasn't rushed in any way, but planned as a follow-up to LiHS from the start.
Moz is obviously very proud of it and couldn't wait for it to be released. BMG obviously didn't want to rush things as it would be commercially unwise to release it in the same year as CS.

Now the contract is up, but it can always be renewed or otherwise Moz can release future releases elwewhere.
Just the fact that we get 3 Moz-albums in 3 years shows BMG absolutely have faith in this relationship.
Certainly the best relationship he's had with a label since the Sanctuary/Attack-days.

Of course its long term they still hold the publishing and will be releasing several re masters. The contract is up, when Moz has a new album ready in a year or two a contract for the new material will be drawn up.
Ignore this Peppermint who is a virulent Skinny like troll.

Last edited:
Yes, he did in this Music Week interview from 2017.

MW: What else does his partnership with BMG cover?

Korda: We have also signed the publishing going forward as well [worldwide for future releases]. It’s a long-term relationship.

Correct, Korda stated this when the current expired contract was in effect covering new original material that Moz had written and had ready.:thumb:
A year or two from now when Moz has worked up new stuff a new contract will be drawn up to cover this future release.
Meanwhile BMG will continue to release remasters and comps and other vintage Moz material.:thumb:

meanwhile, :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:Jr will be remastering :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: 'catalouge' :lbf:
on his smart phone printing them up in the basement and released on the evil le pew
made up label.:lbf:

Hey if Moz plays his cards right, maybe Johnny will deign to sign him to his private label.

:rofl:

is that what Drama Le Pew :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: calls printing his cheapo cds in
the basement, a 'private label'????:lbf:

You’re missing point, he is a liar. It did not get to number 7 in the official US chart.

I'm not missing anything, thank you. He isn't a liar; he didn't write it; it wasn't his comment.
Do you understand me, or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

In June 2019 you, in a CS thread, made the same comment that "in fairness" Morrissey didn't personally make the comment.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom