morrissey frink thread!

Bowie would have been 74 today

Moz&David.gif

í beg nobody's pardon for the insertion of a little Bowie/Canine/Herb Ritts Frink...

David Bowie and dog, Herb Ritts, December 1989.jpg

David Bowie portrait ~  Herb Ritts, 1989.jpg

~ Hollywood, CA. December 1989.

The only serious rival to Morrissey's position as Greatest Male Hairdo in the World in the years 1988~1991 was the Dame.

And here is Bowie striking an Elvis pose, by Herb Ritts again, Los Angeles, CA, 1987 ~

Bowie Elvis Herb Ritts.jpg

🎉

í beg nobody's pardon for the insertion of a little Bowie/Canine/Herb Ritts Frink...

View attachment 67381
View attachment 67382
~ Hollywood, CA. December 1989.

The only serious rival to Morrissey's position as Greatest Male Hairdo in the World in the years 1988~1991 was the Dame.

And here is Bowie striking an Elvis pose, by Herb Ritts again, Los Angeles, CA, 1987 ~

View attachment 67383

🎉

Pardon NOT granted.

That last shot... 💔 🔫

...ray gun to my [heart]...

Last edited:
agree. But we both know why he likes it, and that’s good enough for me.

How if next tour he does a bit of Ganglord that segues into In The Ghetto?

:pray::)
I blame Priscilla.

He did a short a capella bit of Wooden Heart in Cologne last March, except he sang "wooden head" instead. :lbf:

Last edited:
And it's intentional, right? There's no way anyone can forget the lyrics accidentally. :lbf:
Yes, definitely intentional. The way he emphasised the "head" made that very clear.

Some Moz/Bowie cross-over-pollination Frink ~

Moz Red Frank 1991.jpg

"Our Frank " ~ dir. John Maybury / DoP John Mathieson, Jan. 1991

David Bowie 1995 ~ Johnny Buzzerio.jpg

:camera: ~ Johnny Buzzerio, Los Angeles, 1995

Alas, Smith & Jones...

I'd never seen this!

It really would have made perfect sense in a way and he was into the idea for quite a while. I know I keep going on about it but I really believe that his Eurovision obsession (which peaked in 2006/07) has influenced him a lot, especially on World Peace.

It's probably still a good thing he never competed, he would have been disappointed that it's not like this anymore:

It really would have made perfect sense in a way and he was into the idea for quite a while. I know I keep going on about it but I really believe that his Eurovision obsession (which peaked in 2006/07) has influenced him a lot, especially on World Peace.

It's probably still a good thing he never competed, he would have been disappointed that it's not like this anymore:

I'd agree - there's a definite Euro-ballad feel to a lot of the tracks on World Peace.

37 years ago today

GregAllenSmithsLyceumLondonJan121984.jpg

I love that almost-mohawk-cut he had going on in '84.

Prints available via:

#teammohawk :rock:

I predict a mullet-mohawk combo
for the 2021 shows. It’s the only move that would make sense these days.

:pray:
The Mozhawk - the only thing that can save us in 2021. :pray:

Back
Top Bottom