Morrissey has been trying to destroy his own career for years

A

Anonymous

I still love him and don’t think he’s racist but he just has a problem with immigration which is a red flag to the Left. I don’t think he’s right on this issue but he can think what he likes as long as he doesn’t incite hatred, which he doesn’t. He seems to think immigration, or how it is handled, is not in the UK’s best interest. A brave thing to suggest but foolhardy.

Let’s face it though he has been making bad career choices for years and, in terms of his career, bringing up a subject he does not have to talk about at all and offends so many people is a bad move. The first was was getting rid of Stephen Street, his most critically and commercially successful collaboration. Everybody loved Suedehead and Everyday is Like Sunday and they sold shit loads.

From then on he has made some terrible choices, put some great people’s noses out of joint and now seems a bit barmy. I really do love him but this day has been coming for years. How many lives does the old cat have left?

It’s his life to ruin his own wayyyyyyy. :guitar:

Great thread title and I've known for years now he's trying to kill his own career.

Pissing off Johnny to the extent that he left The Smiths.

Letting go of Stephen Street.

Letting go of Alain Whyte.

Let’s face it though he has been making bad career choices for years and, in terms of his career, bringing up a subject he does not have to talk about at all and offends so many people is a bad move.

If you can't say exactly what you think when you are independently wealthy and famous then when can you?

Interviews like "Yes, I have a new record but let's talk about something deeply divisive which I learned about on youtube."

Refusing to make a video for Sheila,Take A Bow thus irreversibly ruining his and Johnny’s relationship and then making videos for Girlfriend In A Coma and Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before almost straight after when it was too late.

Contrarians may be hard-wired for some sort of self destruction. But he does it so fashionably. :tiphat:

Thousands and thousands of kiss-asses and line-towers in media and entertainment don’t try to destroy their shitty careers.

Contrarians may be hard-wired for some sort of self destruction. But he does it so fashionably. :tiphat:

Thousands and thousands of kiss-asses and line-towers in media and entertainment don’t try to destroy their shitty careers.

Throw in a streak of anti-authoritarianism and thats exactly the person that I am. Steve's a real charmer. And I can't wait to pinch his butt. #metoo

Back
Top Bottom