Morrissey mentioned in Tony Wilson tribute video "St. Anthony"

It's an older poem by Mike Garry, who was a friend of Morrissey before and in the earlier days of The Smiths. It's been set to music and is now for sale to raise money for a cancer charity ( I think?).

the line abuot the smith is one of the funniest ones in 24 hour party people

http://saint-anthony.co.uk/

"Talk to me of Peterloo of praxis police and pride
Talk to me of Pontius Pilot of Power Corruption and lies
The Queen the queers the quiet ones all shy and self and effacing
Like Morrissey but not Mark E Smith or Shaun Ryder when he’s been free basing"

Related:

Tony Wilson tribute video St Anthony goes viral as readers share memories of "Mr Manchester" - Manchester Evening News
After we posted the video on our Facebook page, around half a million of our readers watched it and hundreds of them left comments paying tribute to the Factory Records boss

Last edited by a moderator:
From up above and looking down ! Steven Patrick Morrissey is and always will remain a CrankFraud
Love to Johnny, Mike, Andy, Benny and the girls.

Meat fed Wilson

Good Morrissey gets a mention! Surprised Happy Mondays backing singer Rowetta is in the video not sure she really adds anything. For just a backing singer she has done well for herself.

The meat fed backing singer Rowetta has gone on the record saying she doesn't like The Smiths or Morrissey. However, she is good friends with meat fed Andy Rourke. I think Rowetta is a hypocrite because when Tony Wilson was alive she said unpleasant things about him saying how he sucked up to Shaun Ryder, she seemed bitter about that. Also for years Rowetta had a falling out with Shaun Ryder and said nasty things about him. Now Rowetta is buddies with Shaun again and they did a Happy Mondays reunion tour together. Rowetta is fickle and I bet if Morrissey were to die (God forbid) she would probably go on about what a great man he was and what a positive contribution he has made to Manchester's music scene.

From up above and looking down ! Steven Patrick Morrissey is and always will remain a CrankFraud
Love to Johnny, Mike, Andy, Benny and the girls.

Meat fed Wilson
Who is Benny and the girls? Is this Benny-the-British-Butcher? Is this some kind of joke? Benny are you a vegan by the way?

the smiths bit was the funniest line in 24 hour party people

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom