Morrissey: Racism and bigotry masquerading as animal welfare - Love Music Hate Racism

Morrissey: Racism and bigotry masquerading as animal welfare - Love Music Hate Racism
"Morrissey has jumped from the gutter into the sewer with his latest racist outbursts, which single out Muslims, Jews and Black and Asian politicians.

Excerpt:

Echoing fascist and ultra nationalist parties in Europe, the singer has called for Halal and Kosher meat to be banned and dumped abuse on shadow home secretary Diane Abbott and on London’s Mayor Sadiq Khan.
According to Morrissey, “halal slaughter requires certification that can only be given by supporters of Isis”, a process which he describes as “evil” and which should be banned. He also calls for the outlawing of Jewish kosher meat preparation, which he says is “very cruel”.
The message is barely coded. From the Nazi BNP and EDL in Britain to Marine Le Pen’s Front National in France to Hungarian prime minister Victor Orban’s anti-Semitic, anti-Muslim, anti-migrant election campaign last month, calls to ban Halal and Kosher meat have acted as a dog whistle for their Nazi followers."

..."We will be organising gigs and educational events in towns and cities across the country, to shut up bigots like Morrissey and his racist friends."

Thought the article was worth including after reading that (the last quote, not the excerpt) :)

42835_M17-Anti-Racism-Demo-SUTR17-3-18-40-1024x681.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
So summer 2018 is the perfect time to wear a Morrissey t-shirt. Not done that in ages. Last time I wore one it had the Interesting Drug cover on it.

images
Great single...Such A little Thing as the B-side, with Sweet and Tender Hooligan (Live). Back when the music was unbelievably great and his look was unmatched...a lifetime ago.

Personally I think if you're offended by this now, you haven't been a Morrissey fan for too long. "I don’t really think, for instance, black people and white people will ever really get on or like each other’ he would tell Q Magazine in 1992.

I agree with some things in his recent interview and disagree with others. So much faux outrage about this recent interview that some people seem genuinely more upset by his comments than actual Halal slaughter or acid attacks.

As for Dianne Abbot - she's an easy target. Not because the colour of her skin, but because she's hugely incompetent. Many would say she's in the position she is because she ticks many 'diversity' boxes. The people of Hackney, a large black/ethnic community don't vote her in because she's good, they vote her in because of her ethnicity. Racism if you will. But we better not mention that had we.... (Morrissey also criticised Corbyn and May)

The criticism of Sadiq Kahn is justified too. Here is London, giddy of London, is it home of the knife crime and acid attack or what? His complete arrogance is appalling.

Arrogance regarding what? Give examples with links.

Why do people feel the need to publicly divorce themselves from him on here? If you can’t stand him, just go. No need to justify it, I really doubt anybody cares.
Similar to those people who say goodbye to Twitter, on Twitter. It’s very, very weird attention seeking behaviour. Just delete your account, or just remove the bookmark from your browser and do something else, surely?
Because normal people like to express feelings and opinions. This was really not a well thought out comment.

How much evidence do you need? It sucks, I wish he wasn't too.

Morrissey fans fall into a few different categories now: those that have given up on him completely or those that are starting to, those that are in complete denial about all of this and refuse to even look at the prospect of him being a bigot (many of whom would also likely slit their own wrists if he asked them too), those who arrogantly claim that they don’t give a shit because they lack any kind of empathy and feel that they can separate the art from the man (God I love that one! John Wayne Gacy has some good technical skills), and those that keep defending him on the basis that he still hasn’t said anything wrong but it’s actually because they hold the same views.

I TOTALLY agree with Morrissey in terms of stopping halal slaughter. It's sad and bad enough that animals are being killed to feed 'humans'. However, he takes his opinions to the very extreme often and he makes comparisons that make him look not a nice person.
I can't see why the abuse on politicians shocks people. We have all abuse some in conversations, whatever the party or their race. Right now there's no even one politician that can make it right. Theresa May is pathetic and a puppet on the strings of the conservatives. Jeremy Corbin behaves like a dictator in his own party. The rest of political parties are trying hard to climb up without removing the soap from their hands.

The Boy with the Thorn in His Arse
Behind the hatred there lies
A murderous desire for cactis!

:tears:
You appear quite taken by the thorn in the arse imagery. LOL
Diagnosis: projection.:crazy:

It might be better coming from someone who is not really that upset, to give it some perspective. In fact I'm probably more bothered by the staggering ignorance (Hitler was left wing; all acid attacks are non-white; eggs are hard to find in supermarkets), the narcissism and the rampant self-congratulation.

But four things jumped out at me as either racist and/or genuinely troubling:
1. halal slaughter certification is given by supporters of ISIS (ie conflating ordinary Muslims with terrorists). It's been suggested that this is just his way of equating the violence of their method of slaughter with terrorism, and I get this. But my initial, gut response was racism, and I don't think my 'racist hair trigger' is half as sensitive as some on here.

2. The support for For Britain. I refuse to believe that he can only judge them through their animal rights policy (which is surely just informed by their anti-Muslim stance anyway). So he's either bigoted or REALLY stupid.

3. The Sadiq Khan comments. When you break down what he says, it's not specifically racist, just vindictive. But he's had a pop at Khan before and when you put the comments together, it does sound more like he's just disgusted that a Muslim man of Asian descent is London Mayor.

4. The Diane Abbott comment. I've had a re-think about this. Now, Diane Abbott is in my view a blithering idiot and the fact that she's even in the shadow cabinet beggars belief. So comments about her being unemployable outside Westminster are bang on as far as I'm concerned. But why pick on her over, say, Corbyn, whose profile is much higher, in order to make his point? Put this comment alongside the others and it doesn't look like Ms Abbott is chosen at random.

There you go, Neal, that's my view, for your objective assessment.
1. Is Islam a race? Professor Richard Dawkins doesn't think so... I'll have to look at exactly what M said.

2 - wasn't this about animal welfare policies

3 - you say isn't racist. When he has a go at Trump, Thatcher, May et al, presumably that's racist too? Or is any criticism of ethnic minorities automatically racist?

4- Abbott is famous for ballsing up basic maths, and for herself making racist statements 'white people love playing divide and rules' etc.

1. Is Islam a race? Professor Richard Dawkins doesn't think so... I'll have to look at exactly what M said.

3 - you say isn't racist. When he has a go at Trump, Thatcher, May et al, presumably that's racist too? Or is any criticism of ethnic minorities automatically racist?

4- Abbott is famous for ballsing up basic maths, and for herself making racist statements 'white people love playing divide and rules' etc.
Such a weak argument. Racism and xenophobia are both equally bad.

c*** face, what’s up baby, still blabbing that neuro nonsense bullshit, c*** face you need to stick a quarter up your ass because you just played yourself.

I read that now you are proposing sending the Irish back to Ireland......your neuroses is progressing as I predicted..........slow progress to the underlying targets.....

1 throw the car keys out the window, we don't want you driving around looking for blacks or Mexicans. Having the care keys accessible is too much of temptation in your condition aka :crazy:

2 no more pimple cream.:straightface:

3 perhaps start searching for a job:laughing:

Will continue monitoring.

The whole hala comment is being taken purposely way to literally. He has a long history of over the top comparisons slaughter issues. Didn't he once compare fast food to nazi halocausts

Sadiq Khan may be incompetent, he may even be arrogant, but Morrissey didn't criticise Khan for being incompetent or arrogant. He has criticised him for his pronunciation. Repeatedly.

Not a fan of halal, but how is halal any worse than, say, large-scale pig farming? Those horrible factory farms in the UK, Germany, the US with hundreds of thousands of animals in confined areas, confined to living hell, a widespread incidence of animal cruelty and a devastating impact on the environment?

Whenever he's criticised Theresa May or David Cameron before her, it has always been purely on the grounds of animal welfare (by the way, he’s never once criticised the Tory governments of the last eight years on the state of the NHS, the welfare state, poverty, etc). But then, when it comes to certain other politicians like Nigel Farage, the “liberal educator”, he completed ignores the fact that Farage voted against a resolution to combat illegal ivory trade in Europe. One can’t help but wonder why.

The only thing he has really been consistent about is immigration and the fact that you might hear some foreign accents while sauntering around Knightsbridge.
It's because of your job you are all for immigration and also because your parents came from all over the place and lived here and there. People moved around to make your company figures increase at the expense of law and order.

One day you will realise those people are not like you and they will not accept your lifestyle. It's a mission impossible you have embarked on and it will all end in tears.

Just because ONE MUSLIM is peaceful and nice does not mean they ALL are peaceful and nice.
LOL:tears:
Thats Skinny Islamic logic. You have to credit him with using just about every type of logical fallacy in
his snowflake bi polar aggression against Moz. Hes probably protesting over with the 17 year old snowflakes
about Love Music but not Racism.:crazy: Arrested development run amok.

I specially like this one:

Info Wars /Alex Jones/Breitbart etc are racist because they praise Moz comments.
Moz is racist because he is being praised by Alex Jones/Info Wars/Breitbart etc.
How do we know Alex Jones/Info Wars/Breitbart are right wing racists? Simple,
they praise Moz comments.:rofl:

Xenophobia is just as bad as racism but now suddenly animal cruely is great and
wonderful, because its Islamic.

I love how the loony lefties use a superior tone, as if they were jobless Aristotles.:guapimo:

Oh dear, Neal, I was hoping you'd at least read my post.

1. Technically, no. What would you like to call it? Ideologism? He's conflating a large group of people with certain beliefs with a smaller sub-sect of people who like murdering people who don't think like them. I'd be the first to agree that there are some cultural differences with Muslims which have created specific social problems that need addressing, but saying they're all members of ISIS is not the solution.

2. Yes, if you read my post you see that I said they're only anti-halal because it gives them another stick with which to beat Muslims, and I queried Morrissey's inability to see the bigger picture.

3. You've contradicted yourself but I think I know what you mean. And no, anybody can criticise anybody but he has got form for attacking Khan: “He eats halal-butchered beings, and talks so quickly that people can’t understand him" is a thinly-veiled comment on his race, which makes you look at the recent remark in a different light.

4. Abbott is a loathsome incompetent, but why pick on her? Parliament is full of them. No evidence that she's singled out because of race, all I'm saying is when you stack it all up it looks suspect.

That's exactly what I was wondering. What did a prickly pear cactus do to deserve to meet this fate? I am a man of the desert (actually I am.) It seems as though you might be a ractus...that is racist against cacti. I will consult Mother Nature and get back to you. ;)
I'll set up the stake if you bring the lighter fluid. I will accept my very 2018 fate with grace and dignity.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom