Morrissey-solo upgraded to Xenforo 2.1

Welcome to the upgraded Morrissey-solo, we're now on the latest Xenforo software at version 2.1. Some things may appear the same but under the surface almost everything has changed. Take a look around and if you have any questions or find any bugs please post in this thread. I have incorporated some of the requests and suggestions that have been made on the site but after spending some time with it keep sending feedback.

Some of the new features include 'reactions' which replaces the old ratings system. New options with posts include native emoji support, improved media recognition and improved mobile support. If you want to hide anonymous posts by default that option is now an option in preferences. Emails from the site haven't been working for the last week or so for a different reason, that's being worked on.

This was a major research and development effort over the last year on my end and over the last 5+ years on the Xenforo / add-on developer end. This will set up ease of upgrading in the future and potentially a lot of new features.

Thanks to all who continue to support Morrissey-solo in a positive way. Special thanks goes to @Famous when dead for stepping up to help with the news and tour coverage. I was able to focus on getting this big upgrade done.

Last edited:
oh, FFS. Essentially what your comments suggest is .... David, could you redesign Solo so that it apes my own site.

No. I’m asking him to add an ‘e’ to the end of “wow”. Try to keep up.

Look at your other comments and see just how many times you've referred to your own site. Case closed.

Really like that davidt has re-added list of comment pages to the top of each thread.

Is there a way to re-introduced the Older Threads option to the main page?

@davidt Is it not possible to sort out the function whereby rolling the mouse cursor over the alarm bell alert symbol on the top ribbon to see a quick view of an alert, as opposed to having to click it purposely? It's not a major issue but I preferred having that previous function.

I searched a bit and didn't see the option. Looks like others have reported it and it is said to be 'by design':

Apparently the trend is less hovering of menus to match mobile design. I'll keep an eye on any new options to add it back in.

One other thing I've noticed is re: push notifications. In my preferences they're all ticked, & have saved them previously.

If I log out of my desktop, for example, when I log back in again (say next day or whenever) I get a banner pop up at the bottom of the screen asking for my permission to enable them.

In checking preferences I see this:

Enable push notifications
Enabling push notifications requires a supported device. Enabling push notifications will enable them for this device only.
If you log out of this device, you will need to re-enable push notifications.

• Do these just relate to alert notifications?
  • Is there any way to perm enable or disable?

I haven't used push notifications much but it sounds like there isn't a way around it according to the bolded text and it likely relates to all notifications.

I haven't used push notifications much but it sounds like there isn't a way around it according to the bolded text and it likely relates to all notifications.

Thanks David, on both issues.

Thanks David, on both issues.

No problem, thanks for posting the issues. I just tried restarting Windows and logging back in I didn't have to re-enable push (for Chrome), so maybe that varies by device.

No problem, thanks for posting the issues. I just tried restarting Windows and logging back in I didn't have to re-enable push (for Chrome), so maybe that varies by device.

Currently using the new Edge browser, just for info, so it could be related to auto-deletion of cookies or something on exit. It's not a major issue, but thanks for looking into it.

Edit: Just tried it on Firefox, & didn't get the push notifications pop-up, so seems it's a browser related thing.

I like having the ability to remark "wow" and "sad" at the trolls.
What would be awesome, since the moderators seem unable to stop unregistered users who spend most of their time harassing people here, would be if you could block notifications from unregistered users.
I see the option to uncheck being notified when anyone quotes me or mentions me but I like interacting with people that have something to say.
Maybe the option I'm looking for "see when unregistered users quote you" and "see when unregistered users mention you" are not available, but if they are that would really make this site more enjoyable for me and a few others.
It probably doesn't exist and so we can continue to enjoy having every thread that mentions Johnny Marr or New Order, or any post made by myself, Surface or evennow taken off topic, but it's a thought I wanted to share.

"Interesting" has been added with the thinking icon. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks!
What about ‘redundant’ ? Useful I felt.

Don’t really care for the sad rating.

FC chances are slim and none that an unregistered user will praise your troll psycho babbles so the 'block notifications ' should do the trick for you.:rolleyes:

Very dramatic post:drama: you have more demands that Moses.?

good bye Morrissey-solo.com....the emaiproviderl I used is now long gone, won;t register again after 20 years...

Just confused why this site doesn't recognise my IP and indeed 'celibate'is a user...but don't know the pasword, emailadress is gone

Enjoy all the shows, and the new album, Thanks David for 20 years.

good bye Morrissey-solo.com....the emaiproviderl I used is now long gone, won;t register again after 20 years...

Just confused why this site doesn't recognise my IP and indeed 'celibate'is a user...but don't know the pasword, emailadress is gone

Send me your new email address, not a big deal.

You’re a real drama queen with your petty problems. Maybe if you supported the “wowe” movement good things might start happening for you?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom