Morrissey vs other artists at 60

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

Compare Morrissey to other musical artists’ work at 60.

Until I Am Not A Dog On a Chain is released, only “Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know?”, “Love Is On Its Way Out” and all original material from Low In High School and the California Son singles count.

Well, I rate Morrissey's solo records higher than a lot of Paul McCartney's solo albums. In fact, McCartney hasn't recorded a solo album that comes anywhere near World Peace Is None Of Your Business.

Btw, that crap in your signature makes reading your threads a drag.

Well, I rate Morrissey's solo records higher than a lot of Paul McCartney's solo albums. In fact, McCartney hasn't recorded a solo album that comes anywhere near World Peace Is None Of Your Business.

Flaming Pie has “Calico Skies” and that is better than every Morrissey song ever made.

Elvis Presley at 60....
o_1521826114.jpg

Good thread!

Won't post YT links, but Bowie's last two albums are fantastic. Pet Shop Boys' Electric and the new record is great. McCartney's ''Chaoes and creation....'' is in his top5 solo record in my opinion. Iggy's Post-pop depression was pretty good, too.

Interesting thread. I was a teenager in the 80s and the musc of that decade definitely had a deep impact on my musical taste. Several of the bands / artists emerging during that decade are still around today, but I have stopped following most of them. The ones that remain (in my case) are The Cure, Nick Cave, Morrissey and Brian Ferry (to some extent). I never really was a fan of Elvis Costello or Paul McCartney and I have heard the songs of the Beatles more than I need to. When t comes to David Bowie or Leonard Cohen: for me these artists weren't at their artistic peak n the 80s, so I discovered them later and went back to their back catalogue at that point, and went back to their back catalog at that point. I rate them highly, but it s not the same. So in all honesty, Morrissey has done well i my view. Which doesn't mean that his discography was flawless.

Back
Top Bottom