Most overrated band/singers?

It basically means a left wing drop-out, like Swampy. Remember him? Someone one who doesn’t really want a job (ok, in this example, he does have a job in the bakery) & wants capitalism to collapse so they can just get handouts forever.
Thank you. I remember Swampy he was an eco-worrior and an environmental activist. I never knew he was middle-class. Do you know if he has a degree? I thought his job was to be an environmental activist and media personality.

I have never heard this thing of calling men "Mungo". Are they like hipsters or hippies? Women get called a "Karen". Some men get called "Gammon".

I long for the days of the 1990's when we had the "eco-worriors". When life seemed more simple and happier. Before technology (near future technologies), social media and AI really took over. Before "Extinction Rebellion" existed. They are trying to do a high speed train now in Britain going through the countryside. They say the train has to be in a straight line and will go to the North of England. I think that Morrissey cares about animals and environmental issues. I think Morrissey is a vegan. Quite a few young people are vegans.

For me personally things started going wrong after 1993. I like some of the old 1960's music like Bob Dylan.

With regards to people not working or young people not working. There is a lot of unemployment and competition for jobs at the moment. Morrissey would say it doesn't matter if people work or not he was never really motivated by that or going to university. Some people have jobs and don't really work at them or do the minimum they go to work for a rest believe it or not.

I popped out this morning to do a bit of shopping (Tesco value white loaf, processed cheese, cheap beans full of weak juice) & whilst queueing with my fellow racists, that Coldplay song was on, the one where he ‘sings’ about ‘when I ruled the world’. I don’t know what it’s actually called & I don’t care.

The point is, in this humble posters opinion, it reminded me that Coldplay are the biggest pile of overrated, steaming shit I’ve ever encountered. A truly mediocre (at best) bunch of snowflake whiners with no decent tunes, propelled into fame because so many people love the bland music they’re told to love by The Guardian (which is course why our man has never really had the chart success he deserves).

So, it got me thinking, which bands/singers do people on here think are vastly overrated? I’m not talking people like, say, Little Mix, because they are what they are, a manufactured pop group. And in their particular case, fit as f***, so who cares what the music is like right?

I’m talking ‘serious’ bands who really think they’re ‘doing something’ with their music, but actually, they’re just shit. I.e. Coldplay.

I actually really like that one. I think it's great. As to bands I hate of today - Sleaford Mods, Idles, Mumford and Sons, Vampire Weekend and ere...the one track i've heard of the 1975....sounded like shite.

I actually really like that one. I think it's great. At to bands I hate - Sleaford Mods, Idles, Mumford and Sons, Vampire Weekend and ere...the one track i've heard of the 1975....sounded like shite.
Sleaford Mods - good shout. Terrible.

And oh yes, Mumford & Sons, like Belle & Sebastien who I'd also forgotten - music for bedwetters.

Both f***ing awful.

Whilst I am sure I will get bombarded with abuse with this post, but I genuinely think The Beatles are over rated. I am not saying they didn't write some great songs, but I am confused on why they are put on a pedestal and seen as being the greatest band ever when clearly they aren't

Because they wrote the book. Because they have the songs. Because they developed from a simple beat group to write some of the most complex and wide-ranging music of the era. Because of their personalities. Because they looked cool. They are the greatest popular music band of all time. No question.

Sleaford Mods - good shout. Terrible.

And oh yes, Mumford & Sons, like Belle & Sebastien who I'd also forgotten - music for bedwetters.

Both f***ing awful.

I don't mind some "bedwetter" music. The Smiths at their best are prime "bedwetters". What else is "Well I wonder"? Belle and Sebastian have written some great stuff over the years....also some rubbish.....but i've kind of lost track of them over the yrs, so I'm no expert. This is a fave of mine.

Whilst I am sure I will get bombarded with abuse with this post, but I genuinely think The Beatles are over rated. I am not saying they didn't write some great songs, but I am confused on why they are put on a pedestal and seen as being the greatest band ever when clearly they aren't

I think they’re rated highly because the way they shaped music history early on (with George Martin) as far as using the studio as a creative musical instrument in itself, and (along with Dylan, and maybe because of Dylan) they brought more experiment into what the pop song lyric could be, as in something closer to what can be called poetry. They were and still are such a huge inspiration to people not only artists.

The White Album is my favorite.

Last edited:
Most ‘music’ from the 90’s on ... total crap. Doesn’t even deserve to be rated at all.

:hammer:

CASE CLOSED

:cool:

I personally wouldn't include Radiohead (I still do listen to them), but like you said it's personal opinion/subjective.
creep is one of my all time favourite songs.

My shitlist of overrated bands:
Queen
Led Zeppelin
Radiohead
Coldplay
Depeche
The Hives
White Stripes
Arctic Monkeys
RHCP

Off the top of my head, at least.

I popped out this morning to do a bit of shopping (Tesco value white loaf, processed cheese, cheap beans full of weak juice) & whilst queueing with my fellow racists, that Coldplay song was on, the one where he ‘sings’ about ‘when I ruled the world’. I don’t know what it’s actually called & I don’t care.

The point is, in this humble posters opinion, it reminded me that Coldplay are the biggest pile of overrated, steaming shit I’ve ever encountered. A truly mediocre (at best) bunch of snowflake whiners with no decent tunes, propelled into fame because so many people love the bland music they’re told to love by The Guardian (which is course why our man has never really had the chart success he deserves).

So, it got me thinking, which bands/singers do people on here think are vastly overrated? I’m not talking people like, say, Little Mix, because they are what they are, a manufactured pop group. And in their particular case, fit as f***, so who cares what the music is like right?

I’m talking ‘serious’ bands who really think they’re ‘doing something’ with their music, but actually, they’re just shit. I.e. Coldplay.
You mean, you came off this forum for five minutes? Did you pester people in the shopping aisles?

I think they’re rated highly because the way they shaped music history early on (with George Martin) as far as using the studio as a creative musical instrument in itself, and (along with Dylan, and maybe because of Dylan) they brought more experiment into what the pop song lyric could be, as in something closer to what can be called poetry. They were and still are such a huge inspiration to people not only artists.

The White Album is my favorite.
I would agree on the White album. At some point in time I was reading a book about the Manson murders, which had many references to the White album. They made the album even more interesting than it already was.

Charles Manson: How Cult Leader’s Twisted Beatles Obsession Inspired Family Murders

My shitlist of overrated bands:
Queen
Led Zeppelin
Radiohead
Coldplay
Depeche
The Hives
White Stripes
Arctic Monkeys
RHCP

Off the top of my head, at least.

What bugs me about Queen these days is the way media articles, and even the film, bang on about them all being great songwriters and having degrees -I mean, what the f**ck does it matter if they've got degrees? And how come none of the other three have written a decent song since Freddie died? Not even close. I mean all Brian May has come up with in 30 years is 'Driven By You' and 'Too Much Sex Will Kill You'.

Only coloured people, I don't want them round where I live.

Obviously.

Don't see your name on here often 'Martin'.

you joined here a fortnight ago. Well, with your latest attention seeking guise. It’s evident you have little friends, and a life one can only pity. That’s you. To be pitied.

Too true, I agree with all that. And I’ve said it before, & I’ll say it again - because it’s true - there are no really great songs anymore because of downloads. There is no such thing as a singles chart anymore, I don’t care that one gets published every week, it’s bollocks. Downloads killed music, and they killed b-sides too.

And of course, were it not for downloads being allowed in the charts, You Have Killed Me would have gotten to number 1.

The past is a better place.
Good points there SR👍

you joined here a fortnight ago. Well, with your latest attention seeking guise. It’s evident you have little friends, and a life one can only pity. That’s you. To be pitied.
3 weeks actually. Yeah I'm stuck in a lot at the moment, lockdown & bad weather have a tendancy to do that. I don't know where you live? Or are you one of the anti-lockdown wankers who does what the f*** they want?

I think all IP addresses for guests & members should be visible, so then we can see who everyone really is.

I never understood the fuss about Prince, ever. I've got friends who adore him and have tried to get me 'into' his stuff and I just don't understand the appeal...not catchy, all sounds the same, weird and irritating vocal styles, comes across as creepy. Just don't understand it.

I never understood the fuss about Prince, ever. I've got friends who adore him and have tried to get me 'into' his stuff and I just don't understand the appeal...not catchy, all sounds the same, weird and irritating vocal styles, comes across as creepy. Just don't understand it.
He did a few good ones, I've got his best of albums 1 & 2, but he did release too much shit as well, & a lot of his songs would probably be 'cancelled' today.

He was popular over here, but I think he was more of a US artist really.

I'm with you on that one. I always thought him to be a ridiculous little man, yet one that attracted the respect and devotion of some of my favourite musicians.

Back
Top Bottom