Moz & Greta

Would Morrissey talk highly about Greta as she is a Vegan and supports animal rights.

She might be too middle-class for him.

She had famous parents to promote her & the school strikes were purest quinoa.

I think she'd have to be under some kind of concerted media attack before he'd really like her (Toby Young et al whingeing doesn't count - their job is carping on the sidelines).

He must have approved on some level though - because he didn't condemn her or Extinction Rebellion & they were in the news every single day.

Last edited by a moderator:
He must have approved on some level though - because he didn't condemn her or Extinction Rebellion & they were in the news every single day.
You can correct me on this because I haven't followed everything he's said over the years, but outside of animal welfare I don't recall him ever mentioning environmental issues or climate change. This makes me wonder if he is a climate change sceptic. It would fit with his increasingly reactionary image.

You can correct me on this because I haven't followed everything he's said over the years, but outside of animal welfare I don't recall him ever mentioning environmental issues or climate change. This makes me wonder if he is a climate change sceptic. It would fit with his increasingly reactionary image.

He has mentioned it - he does believe in climate change.

His reactionary image isn't deserved - he has no trust in authority & dominant narratives & he's obsessed with animals - if he hadn't had the wobble about Islamic State & somehow found out about AMW (of all the unlikely identity combinations), he'd just be in crank vegan territory.

Morrissey is a bad flyer. I have personal experience of seeing him at an airport, and friends have flew with him. Same airport as it happens (Dublin).

I saw him with the entire touring entourage, but my friends (a couple) saw him on his own. They reported that he became agitated by a delay and politely, but clearly uncomfortably, made frequent enquiries with the airline crew. He has spoken on camera about the regimented airport procedures (and this was pre 9/11 etc) that he dislikes.

He flies enough though!

Back
Top Bottom