Need help identifying a band... obscure maybe?

dallow_bg

the one he left behind
This is going to be very vague and I apologize.

This groups album (maybe their only one?) is out of print and the CD sells on ebay for a good bit of money $50 or more I believe.

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the group, or any of the songs and as such, they are now lost forever!

Please if you know anything, help me out.

I believe they are one of those obscure hidden gems of the UK music scene. Either late 80s or 90s.

All I really remember is the their album and song titles all sounded a little pretentious, and extremely clever. Full of humor.
They were just funny titles to read.

Oh man, I'm sorry guys.
Ugh, this is has been bothering me for months!

I'd be glad to assist if you could provide just a weeeeeee bit more info.
LOL

BR

ditto, maybe sing us a couple of lines from one of their songs?
line up make-up? like was there 4 or 5 of 'em, were they all male? black/white?
was it the thompson twins?

love

Grim

WOW

As vague goes that takes the biscuit.

I too would love to help but you have given us nothing to go on. At all! How about The mighty lemon drops?

Sounds like The Wild Swans. The OOP album is "Bringing Home The Ashes". They were one of the best bands of that decade.

Oh yeah, it might be McCarthy, although as obscure as they are I think they're still easier to track down than The Wild Swans.

Sorry folks, it's not any of the above mentioned.

I don't know a single line of any of the songs. Or anything else about them.
They're just supposed to be good and I was planning on tracking them down later.

Here's another clue though:
I believe I first heard about them from this very board. The original post was I believe a link to an ended ebay auction showing how much the CD had gone for.

It may have been posted by "The Seeker Of Good Songs" but I can't be sure.

Clarrissa's Weird or something?

I'm not sure that's the right name, but it's near enough if that's whoever it is you're thinking of. Someone has at one point posted something about how much their album goes for on ebay which is why I'm suggesting them.

Clarrissa's Weird or something?

I'm not sure that's the right name, but it's near enough if that's whoever it is you're thinking of. Someone has at one point posted something about how much their album goes for on ebay which is why I'm suggesting them.

Nope, but I do remember Cod speaking about how much those albums sell for on ebay.

Thanks guys, outlook looks doubtful on this mystery though.

I know it cant be but its not BRADFORD is it ?

I know it cant be but its not BRADFORD is it ?

Nope, I have that CD. (super cheap on ebay actually)
It's alright.

Thank you though.

If I ever find out who the band is, I'll make sure to let all of you know.

Back
Top Bottom