Morrissey Central "NEW RELEASE" (October 31, 2020)

Morrissey David Bowie, NYC ~ Linder.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/new-release

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is released on Friday 13th November.

The digital download / streaming will be followed by a 7-inch disc on 19th February.

Sleeve front and back photographs of David Bowie and Morrissey were taken in New York City by Linder Sterling.

'Cosmic Dancer' is a song written by Marc Bolan.

The additional track is a cover of 'That's Entertainment' by Paul Weller. It is not the version generally available on the internet from 1993.

'Cosmic Dancer' is supported by an upgraded and edited video made in Los Angeles by Tim Broad.

The video and 'That's Entertainment' are also available on 13th November.

This recording is on Parlophone and is released through Warner.

Artwork (above) has been prepared by Darren Evans.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
How do i add photos on this thread?
Click the little icon that looks like a picture in the middle of the toolbar above your text entry box. Then you can drag'n'drop or otherwise upload your photo.
*edit*
Ignore that if you don't have an account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Click the little icon that looks like a picture in the middle of the toolbar above your text entry box. Then you can drag'n'drop or otherwise upload your photo.
Anons can add pictures?

"In case some of you were unaware, the recording of us playing the #TRex tune, Cosmic Dancer with #Bowie is set for digital release Nov. 13. Vinyl 7” to follow the following week."

I thought it was 19th February (year unknown)...

Alain is mixed up I suspect. If he's not noticed, record shops are closed and only some are doing mail order. As per previous posts, the order sheets for Parlophone/BMG/Warners are now already in to mid December and there are no 7"s or remastered albums.

Regards,
FWD.

Alain is mixed up I suspect. If he's not noticed, record shops are closed and only some are doing mail order. As per previous posts, the order sheets for Parlophone/BMG/Warners are now already in to mid December and there are no 7"s or remastered albums.

Regards,
FWD.

Yes.
Just wondering where he got "the following week" from, as it's clearly not going to happen. Perhaps he mistook it for 19th November.

Anyone know whats happening to this, cant find it anywhere for sale?.....cheers
Digital / Spotify-type material tends to appear on the day - try tomorrow.
Regards,
FWD.

Anyone know whats happening to this, cant find it anywhere for sale?.....cheers
According to the Central announcement it will be available to download and on streaming services tomorrow, 13th November and the 7" single won't be on sale until 19th February.

Presumably, those in Japan, Australia, New Zealand etc. can listen to it already. Indeed, if anyone wanted to listen to it that bad, they could use a VPN. Or, alternatively, they could just listen to the YouTube video that had been around for a few months.

Presumably, those in Japan, Australia, New Zealand etc. can listen to it already. Indeed, if anyone wanted to listen to it that bad, they could use a VPN. Or, alternatively, they could just listen to the YouTube video that had been around for a few months.
Currently, nothing in Australia - that I can see (someone feel free to chip in).
The single (no B-side) has appeared on Amazon Japan:

20201112_160524.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Update:
Official digital MP3 available in the download section.
FWD.

It’s a re-release surely. Not a new release.
I‘ve had this for donkeys years, and to be honest, I never play it. I much prefer his studio recording cover.

Just for info: the Warner's release sheet is available for January 29 and no sign of the single. Amazon & HMV are either ahead of themselves or know something the reps don't.
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom