New Song | Art-Hounds

Taken from the mainpage;

Morrissey statement before Wireless 2008.

'I will take Hyde Park like a flea inhabits a dog. Art-hounds and people with badly cut hair are very welcome.'

I think some guy named "fabfootage" on youtube got the whole show, so maybe we'll get to hear it.

Weird, CG, I just messaged him! I think he sells the footage, though... but we'd be able to translate the lyrics easy from his vids, I reckon.

I think at one point he sang something like "My life is like an opera". I didn't think much of it, to be honest. Scandinavia was by far the best of the new songs played.

well, I'm just back from the concert and I must say I was pretty impressed by Art Hounds. in 20 years of Moz concert attendance, it's the first time I've heard a new song 'debuted'.
had a really catchy chorus, half of which was sung in falsetto. all I remember of the lyrics was something about European museums. Art Hounds and 'Action' could be the two catchy singles that a label needs to offer him a deal.
if the rumours of a Stephen Street collaboration are true (and please, God, let them be) I wouldn't be surprised if Art Hounds was a Street/Morrissey collaboration.
really great concert tonight (for what it's worth). all hail the Moz!

well, I'm just back from the concert and I must say I was pretty impressed by Art Hounds. in 20 years of Moz concert attendance, it's the first time I've heard a new song 'debuted'.
had a really catchy chorus, half of which was sung in falsetto. all I remember of the lyrics was something about European museums. Art Hounds and 'Action' could be the two catchy singles that a label needs to offer him a deal.
if the rumours of a Stephen Street collaboration are true (and please, God, let them be) I wouldn't be surprised if Art Hounds was a Street/Morrissey collaboration.
really great concert tonight (for what it's worth). all hail the Moz!

Thank you very much Maurice. :)

Question, what previously existing Morrissey song was it most like musically?

Thanks in advance. :)

Well, there goes all my excitement...
pics_animated-diving-into-toilet.gif

Thank you very much for the reply. I appreciate it. :)

No problem! It was a fantastic gig, by all accounts. On a personal level, it was great for me because I'm no longer a Moz gig virgin! Plus I got kissed by an orange haired punk :p

rather unhelpfully, I can't remember!
but I do remember thinking that it seemed way above the standard of his recent stuff. very strong backing track with a great vocal melody, and possibly his best falsetto since 'Walk tall'. would be pretty surprised if it was a (recent) Boorer or Tobias song.
to get a half-decent record deal, all he needs is two great songs.
judging by tonight's performance Action (great choon, so-so lyrics) and Art Hounds could just be the 2 songs that he needs...

Thank you very much Maurice. :)

Question, what previously existing Morrissey song was it most like musically?

Thanks in advance. :)

Always hard to judge a song on one listen at distortingly loud volume. To my ears it was sort of in same vain as The Boy Racer, Southpaw LP-type "punk" charge.
The chorus bit in falsetto "My life is opera" (?) is very catchy but as the song progressed I did shudder at some of the lyrics. "But they can't get a table for their fat aunt mabel" - one of those moments when you stand back and think 'hang on, just what the hell is he singing about?'

The gist of the song sounded quite negative against the so-called "Art Hounds". Not sure who he means. Art critics? Art snobs? Brian Sewell?
Hopefully if he plays it again tonight at palladium we'll get another good listen/more videos. Still, already it definitely feels stronger than the 3 Janice Long tracks and Scandinavia but not sure if it has the makings of a "classic" either?

The chorus bit in falsetto "My life is opera" (?) is very catchy but as the song progressed I did shudder at some of the lyrics. "But they can't get a table for their fat aunt mabel" - one of those moments when you stand back and think 'hang on, just what the hell is he singing about?'

That's a great line!

Good to have the falsetto back, thats the only bit that stuck in the memory for me. I was a bit 3 sheets mind you

Back
Top Bottom