New visitor - hello

oldpunkchick

I've been browsing and wanted to say hello. I'm in my 40's and live in Philadelphia. I grew up on punk music and, tragically, only found out quite recently what I had missed out on by never having given The Smiths or Morrissey a chance. It is a bit depressing for me to think of all the years of pleasure I missed out on, but better late than never, I suppose. The strangest part of the story may be the unlikely and indirect manner in which I was finally turned on to this music - via a Smiths tribute band that I randomly went to see at a club. I don't know what your opinion may be of tribute bands, but the point is that I was blown away by the music and I am now collecting every CD I can get my hands on of The Smiths or Morrissey.

I've been browsing and wanted to say hello. I'm in my 40's and live in Philadelphia. I grew up on punk music and, tragically, only found out quite recently what I had missed out on by never having given The Smiths or Morrissey a chance. It is a bit depressing for me to think of all the years of pleasure I missed out on, but better late than never, I suppose. The strangest part of the story may be the unlikely and indirect manner in which I was finally turned on to this music - via a Smiths tribute band that I randomly went to see at a club. I don't know what your opinion may be of tribute bands, but the point is that I was blown away by the music and I am now collecting every CD I can get my hands on of The Smiths or Morrissey.

I'm sure the music itself was fantastic..as in the actual songs. I'm sure that the band -like most all Morrissey and Smiths tribute acts- sucked horribly.

Here's an example of a talentless hack with no sense of his own identity, butchering a great song:

Last edited by a moderator:

was it the Sons and Heirs? :) I live in Philly too

never too late to get into Moz or the Smiths "oldpunkchick" :)
& I have heard a number of Smiths tribute bands perform :sick:
having said that, one was real good :eek: & a couple of others were OK :o
however, given your punk background? ;) you probably have endured far worse :p:lbf:

was it the Sons and Heirs? :) I live in Philly too

Uhh, hey baby.
qs7ecijpg.gif

Back
Top Bottom