New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 11, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / You’re The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Morning Starship / Spent The Day In Bed / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Girl Afraid / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / I Won’t Share You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of @karelMoz

Last edited:
Well, almost. He missed out the last verse.
Maybe we'll get the whole song one day, but this was pretty close. :)
There is a reason why he doesn't sing this song. He gets emotionally overwhelmed as you can see. Clearly, he is struggling to finish it. God bless him for giving the world such beauty.

Well, almost. He missed out the last verse.
Maybe we'll get the whole song one day, but this was pretty close. :)

Did he omit all of the below? Or just the second stanza?

I want the freedom and I want the guile
I want the freedom and the guile
Oh, life tends to come and go
As long as you know
Know, know, know, know
Know, know, know, know
Oh...

I won't share you, no
I won't share you
I'll see you somewhere
I'll see you sometime
Darling...

Hoping for a massive blue-ray of the gigs featuring all the songs played. Great selection of songs.
I hope so too! Even though I was at two nights myself, I’d love it and buy that in a second. And as an added bonus, maybe he’d do a DVD signing session along with it. :rock:

This was an incredible show! Still processing it. Great crowd, great energy and he sounded amazing. Chills.

Did anyone catch his comment about Don't Blink as life will soon be over? I would like to know how he stated it.

What an absolute treat , I got to see the final 6 after missing opening night. I would love if he did this once a year. Getting to hear all those songs, and then have a basically perfect final setlist.

Kind of bummed forest hills is so far away and there’s no way it will be able to compare.

Silly question(s) if anyone knows... where does morrissey stay during this and well, when he travels? Pretty sure every hotel has a restaurant and those restaurants serve meat.

Does he go out and hit the town after a show? Does he do something fun or just go hide? It would be pretty absurd to be out at a bar somewhere and see him roped off somewhere, I highly doubt it, but just kinda curious what one does the other 21 hours a day for 2nweeks in nyc...

This was an incredible show! Still processing it. Great crowd, great energy and he sounded amazing. Chills.

Did anyone catch his comment about Don't Blink as life will soon be over? I would like to know how he stated it.
Something like:
“Take it from me, life goes by in a blink of an eye. And the question you should ask yourself is this: how will you spend that blink?”

What an absolute treat , I got to see the final 6 after missing opening night. I would love if he did this once a year. Getting to hear all those songs, and then have a basically perfect final setlist.

Kind of bummed forest hills is so far away and there’s no way it will be able to compare.

Silly question(s) if anyone knows... where does morrissey stay during this and well, when he travels? Pretty sure every hotel has a restaurant and those restaurants serve meat.

Does he go out and hit the town after a show? Does he do something fun or just go hide? It would be pretty absurd to be out at a bar somewhere and see him roped off somewhere, I highly doubt it, but just kinda curious what one does the other 21 hours a day for 2nweeks in nyc...

He goes to his 5 star luxury suite (with his ahem assistant) looks at Youtube conspiracy theories about the Twin Towers (hell - when in Rome) and parades around in Union Jack boxer shorts, occasionally goosestepping a la John Cleese as Basil Fawlty (ze Germans....)

I'm sure it will all be made available on the DVD extras

That’s a cracking setlist! As much as I love “World Peace”, I imagine the middle section flows better without it. I wish I was there, the videos and sound are brilliant and that first run of songs would’ve been a privilege to attend.

I’m really hoping for a DVD/BluRay release of the residency. A recording of one night (either tonight or last Saturday I’d imagine) and all of the additional songs as special features would do nicely. A smaller replica of the pamphlet fans got would be cool.
think people would have seen cameras set up,also when 25 live was being filmed there was hand written signs on the way into the venue telling people it was being filmed.we can only hope.

i was a cure fan in the early eighties,but 50 songs,ckecked the setlist,very last song,killing an arab,can you imagine if that was an M song,skinnys brain would literally explode with rage.

Did Robert Smith align with a far right fringe party that thinks of brown skinned people as scapegoats? Oh, that was Morrissey.

20190512_211926.jpg
FB_IMG_1557692236080.jpg
FB_IMG_1557692242722.jpg

20190512_223029.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
20190512_215232-min.jpg

'Grade A' review.

By Iman Lababedi - Rock NYC.

Morrissey At Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, Saturday, May 11th, 2019, Reviewed

Excerpt:

"What he didn’t shrug off was his final words of the stand:

“The British press say such terrible, disgusting things about me, with such consistency that I think they must actually have a crush on me. And as they say all the terrible things that they always say, you this week have made it all worthwhile.”

Since Morrissey didn’t, I won’t get into the politics of it all. What I will say is that after decades, he has never sounded and looked better. The set was a thrilling, deep jump into his world: the insecurity of love and sexuality remains a light that will never go out as long as he is around."

https://rocknyc.live/morrissey-at-lunt-fontanne-theatre-saturday-may-11th-2019-reviewed.html

They assert 37 different songs performed over the nights.
Regards,
FWD.

More of the California Son sneak peek:

FB_IMG_1557695418128.jpg
FB_IMG_1557695421552.jpg
FB_IMG_1557695423922.jpg
FB_IMG_1557695426398.jpg
FB_IMG_1557695428923.jpg

(Thank you to Manal).

Just guessing: Liam Lynch did the front cover, but it looks like Morrissey had some input on the back cover :)

Based on PETA's:

FB_IMG_1557707146553.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

i was a cure fan in the early eighties,but 50 songs,ckecked the setlist,very last song,killing an arab,can you imagine if that was an M song,skinnys brain would literally explode with rage.
If like Smith, morrissey tried explaining it was based on Camus, no one would hear him over the shouts of "racist".
Robert Smith just turned 60 in April as well.
What was the basis of their supposed fued? Or was it a media hyped story3

Interesting that only one song (Spent the Day) from the last album is being played at these shows.
Has he ever moved on from an album so rapidly in the past?
Some great music on it but just tons of horrible, horrible lyrics.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom