New York Dolls Supporting at o2 Festival

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Today's Manchester Evening News has a full page advert for the Hyde Park gig and lists supports as:

Beck
The National
Guillemots
New York Dolls
Lightspeed Champion

and many more acts to be announced over four stages.

Jukebox Jury

New York Dolls on Hyde Park bill!

I think a mass campaign on the o2 wireless website forum is in order. Surely we want the Dolls higher up the bill? Do I really have to watch Beck, The National, The Guillemots (I've seen these for 10 minutes -seemed like an hour)?

Today's Manchester Evening News has a full page advert for the Hyde Park gig and lists supports as:

Beck
The National
Guillemots
New York Dolls
Lightspeed Champion

Jukebox Jury

You beat me to it by 3 minutes!

I want The New York Dolls on just before Morrissey though!

Re: New York Dolls on Hyde Park bill!

Brel, beat you to it by 3 minutes;)
Agree, hope that is the running order:eek:
The Manchester v Cancer gig was spoiled by a crap running order this year...

Jukebox Jury

I want The New York Dolls on just before Morrissey though!

Perfect.
(although I'll be thrilled to see NYD's again)

JJ

The Guillemotts are fast becoming the 'Man from Delmonte' of the moment. Not that they sound anything like them, but they seem to be the support for every gig I go to!

Do you remember a band in the 80's in Manchester called "The Mysterious 5th Member"? They were the same. Every flippin gig. I hated them!!

JJ

The Guillemotts are fast becoming the 'Man from Delmonte' of the moment. Not that they sound anything like them, but they seem to be the support for every gig I go to!

Do you remember a band in the 80's in Manchester called "The Mysterious 5th Member"? They were the same. Every flippin gig. I hated them!!

Brel
I dont recall the M5thM at all:confused:
But certainly recall The Man From Delmonte:guitar: (Water In My Eyes et al)

Jukebox Jury

Brel
I dont recall the M5thM at all:confused:
But certainly recall The Man From Delmonte:guitar: (Water In My Eyes et al)

Jukebox Jury

They were both a running joke amongst me and my mates. We would do a few gigs a week (I used to get us in free at The Boardwalk, International 1 & 2, and at The Hacienda). It was always one or the other supporting.

have you seen this - rumour due to start

LEEDS FESTIVAL ANNOUNCEMENT
O2 and Live Nation are determined to bring the flavour of the O2 Wireless Festival to as wide an audience as possible, by arranging a series of pre-festival gigs around the UK during May/June 2008. Under the banner of "O2 Wireless Weekenders", a number of confirmed artists appearing at the O2 Wireless Festival in Hyde Park, London, will take to the stage in local clubs giving music fans a unique opportunity to enjoy their respective music. Due to this new initiative, we will no longer stage the O2 Wireless Festival in Leeds.

We will be announcing more details regarding these forthcoming shows shortly.

have you seen this - rumour due to start

LEEDS FESTIVAL ANNOUNCEMENT
O2 and Live Nation are determined to bring the flavour of the O2 Wireless Festival to as wide an audience as possible, by arranging a series of pre-festival gigs around the UK during May/June 2008. Under the banner of "O2 Wireless Weekenders", a number of confirmed artists appearing at the O2 Wireless Festival in Hyde Park, London, will take to the stage in local clubs giving music fans a unique opportunity to enjoy their respective music. Due to this new initiative, we will no longer stage the O2 Wireless Festival in Leeds.

We will be announcing more details regarding these forthcoming shows shortly.

Moz in a local club??? Not sure I like that idea. Where can I buy tickets?

Is this a rumour your starting or does it have a source?

Reminded of......

Living Carpet Bob: I heard that rumour
Living Carpet Vic: I know, I started it...

Moz in a local club??? Not sure I like that idea. Where can I buy tickets?

Is this a rumour your starting or does it have a source?

Reminded of......

Living Carpet Bob: I heard that rumour
Living Carpet Vic: I know, I started it...

Hugh
As valued o2 customer of some four years, I look forward to receiving advance notice of the pre festival gigs and of course I shall notify you as soon as I have bought my tickets;)

Jukebox Jury

Beck
The National
Guillemots
New York Dolls
Lightspeed Champion

Jukebox Jury

:eek: Guillmots and the dolls i think i have to go now! Seen both of them two before and they were bothe great- the Guillmots let me and my sister dance on stage with them- i forget why now. I'll see about a ticket now ;):D

Back
Top Bottom