New York Dolls warm up shows

Are they still around? They must be at least 55-60 by now, didn't the original guitarist OD? I saw them at CBGBs in the 70s and they were about as rad as the Stooges! HOT! :cool:

the dolls didnt play cbgbs til 2006

did anyone go tonight?
i thought they were pretty astonishing ...
LOVED the way the ignored the requests
to adhere to the curfew ...

To sum it up in 4 words:

That was f***ing AWESOME!!!

Love PTxx.

They were AMAZING!!!!! My ears are still ringing, which is quite worrying really (we were stood right in front of the speakers) but it was well worth partial deafness!

hows grim today after his 100000 hour journey ?

just woke up, dropped the 23rd off, about to have a wee snack then a bath & bed me thinks! How was that exhausting hour an half on the plane like?

love

Grim
P.s. I left the quarry night not long after you went, so dunno if you got back & I'd gone but I was falling asleep after 1 dance, must have been something I ate! :cool:

2008_0629Morrisseycomp0004.jpg

I forgot to post this before but here is the poster for the Glasgow gig, oddly enough on the window of the pub a few of us soloers ended up in that night.
If you look closely you can see me taking the picture:p.

Went to see The Dolls at the Thekla Club in Bristol, it was the first time I've seen them and they were incredible. I wish I'd gone to see them again at Hyde Park instead of Beck now because I thought he was a bit crap.

Anyway Thekla is a great venue on a boat in Bristol which holds about 300 people, managed to get right at the front directly in front of Steve Conte, so close he almost smacked me in the face with his guitar a few times. Between songs sylvain dedicated a song to Johnny Thunders but I've forgotten which one now, David helped Sylvain get some snot out of his nose (I know they are close but really!) and before playing 'Trash' Sylvain and David discussed English coffee, they didn't seem too impressed. It was a great sweaty gig the crowd were really up for it and the band appeared to be having loads of fun all in all great gig.

Setlist was this

dolls1.jpg

and some photos...

dolls3.jpg

dolls10.jpg

dolls11.jpg

dolls12.jpg

dolls13.jpg

dolls14.jpg

dolls15.jpg

the coifee song is always Trash. & the Thunders tribute is Johnny's song You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory (13 on your setlist). Brilliant aren't they! Excellent pics btw!

love

Grim

Went to see The Dolls at the Thekla Club in Bristol, it was the first time I've seen them and they were incredible. I wish I'd gone to see them again at Hyde Park instead of Beck now because I thought he was a bit crap.

Anyway Thekla is a great venue on a boat in Bristol which holds about 300 people, managed to get right at the front directly in front of Steve Conte, so close he almost smacked me in the face with his guitar a few times. Between songs sylvain dedicated a song to Johnny Thunders but I've forgotten which one now, David helped Sylvain get some snot out of his nose (I know they are close but really!) and before playing 'Trash' Sylvain and David discussed English coffee, they didn't seem too impressed. It was a great sweaty gig the crowd were really up for it and the band appeared to be having loads of fun all in all great gig.

Setlist was this

dolls1.jpg

and some photos...

dolls3.jpg

dolls10.jpg

dolls11.jpg

dolls12.jpg

dolls13.jpg

dolls14.jpg

dolls15.jpg

piece of my heart. have they ever recorded that studio wise/released it? as far as i know they have only ever released 3 "albums" & live compilations.

the coifee song is always Trash. & the Thunders tribute is Johnny's song You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory (13 on your setlist). Brilliant aren't they! Excellent pics btw!

love

Grim

Aww there we go, it was all new to me so every turn was a surprise. I bloody loved it, could have done without the snot incident mind you! Thanks for the info though, I should get swatted up on The Dolls for next time :guitar:

Tags
july 1st new york dolls rescue rooms
Back
Top Bottom