New Zealand scrapped due to poor offers from local promoters; Brazil update - true-to-you.net

Update 2/10, 9:40AM PT:

Marco writes:

São Paulo now is confirmed to go on sale on http://www.livepass.com.br. The original venue scheduled, Espaço das Américas, was confirmed to hold the concert.

Note - this contradicts the previous story that stated the venue had changed.

Update
- true-to-you.net
9 February 2012

Morrissey will play in Belo Horizonte on Wednesday, March 7, at Chevrolet Hall. This will replace the show at Porto Alegre which became logistically impossible. Also, Morrissey regrets that projected dates in New Zealand have once again been scrapped due to poor offers from local promoters.

Last edited:
Re: Article: New Zealand scrapped due to poor offers from local promoters; Brazil upd

Perhaps the thought of visiting an uncultured prisoner's colony prior to his court case and then a sheepshagger's paradise was too much for his middle-aged vegetarian ways.

He hasn't played Wales in nearly 6 years neither. And Aussies have had and elk still have ample oppurtunity to see him. When they do their national service working in pubs in London.

He's been to Australia once in 20 years. Not all Australians work in London pubs.

Re: Article: New Zealand scrapped due to poor offers from local promoters; Brazil upd

Its payback for Neighbours.And Fosters.

No wonder I hardly visit this site anymore. It's intelligent discourse like this I don't miss :)

Think of it this way, you could have bought a ticket and witnessed a right shizz noise and racket with his latest puppet line up!!!
No it's best you remember him as he was years ago at his peak. Trust me they're awful, I would rather have chronic toothache than listen to his muppet band. They even let him dress them up ffs PATHETIC a proper bunch of clowns he should put red noses on em.

Perhaps the thought of visiting an uncultured prisoner's colony prior to his court case and then a sheepshagger's paradise was too much for his middle-aged vegetarian ways.

He hasn't played Wales in nearly 6 years neither. And Aussies have had and elk still have ample oppurtunity to see him. When they do their national service working in pubs in London.

Oh ho ho mr brave anonymous! Wales? Jesus you could walk to London from Wales to see him by comparison to how close he's been to here. How hardly done by! Even if he came here and did one show that wasn't in Melbourne id not complain, just travel to see him.
Should have expected this level of anonymous maturity from this site.

Last edited:

He's been to Australia once in 20 years. Not all Australians work in London pubs.

He has no obligation to go anywhere, nor do you have any obligation to buy his records. He, and you, are free to do what you wish with your time and money.

While I feel that some of the blame for this NZ mess is Morrissey's, it sounds like the promoters weren't offering enough money to make it worth his while. But if they were saying, "We'll give you 70% of the ticket money but no guarantee", Moz may have demanded a guarantee of 25% even if no one showed up and they f*** off. It all comes down to how one defines a "poor offer." One man's poor offer is another man's bread and butter.

In any case, from one whining American, my heart goes out to the New Zealanders.

He has no obligation to go anywhere, nor do you have any obligation to buy his records. He, and you, are free to do what you wish with your time and money.

Oh my god! You mean I don't have to buy his records?

I bet if any of those "poor offers" in NZ was the best he got in the likes of Mexico he'd have accepted :/

Last edited:

Think of it this way, you could have bought a ticket and witnessed a right shizz noise and racket with his latest puppet line up!!!
No it's best you remember him as he was years ago at his peak. Trust me they're awful, I would rather have chronic toothache than listen to his muppet band. They even let him dress them up ffs PATHETIC a proper bunch of clowns he should put red noses on em.

Perfect post. I think this sums up completely how I've felt for years about Morrissey and his troupe of trained monkeys, post-2003.

Oh my god! You mean I don't have to buy his records?

Never mind buying them; these days, I wouldn't even waste time downloading one from an illegal file-sharing site.

22% youth unemployment in Britian, 8% overall and Aussies still get your pub jobs. Then they hop like kangaroos across to the continent and spend your pounds bolstering the economies of countries with decent weather, food and culture.

Pllllleeeeeeasssssssseeeeee can Morrissey come to NZ, or is there an Australian tour??? i missed him on July 4th in Uk (had my ticket, had to fly home for family emergancy) and i need to see him live!!!! Biggest Fan Ever!! (seriously)

without wishing to sound too indie 80s i was listening to this before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9hGWaCBb0Q

and holly shit will sergeant was an awesome guitar player .. i remember having sex in a university toilet (no not by myself) and being distracted (ok she wasn't that great) by graffiti on the wall that had said something like "the three greatest guitar players.." and someone had scrawled OUT jimi hendrix, robert plant and someone else, and written instead "johnny marr, will sergeant, and peter buck" and i was like yeah man.. that is so true...

replace jessie with will sergeant? no?

i pressed flush on the toilet and the girl was really annoyed!

do you think jessie is scrawled somewhere on toilets? i think that is the highest praise...

I know you're lying because Robert Plant never was a guitarist.

I've heard from some Australian promoters in the past who were just not interested in a Morrissey tour when it was put to them. It doesn't surprise me that the problem might be more with promoters lack of interest, and hence making a decent offer than Morrissey's side of things.

I quite agree with you, I'd say it's got more to do with lack of interest from promoters than anything else!!

P.S. Morissey = LEGEND <3 <3

Back
Top Bottom