Next New Order record: "Music Complete"

Ryan

Notre-DAYUM!
Subscriber
http://www.neworder.com/newordernow...ew-album-music-complete-25th-september-2.html

Superheated
Unlearn This Hatred (directed at Hooky?)
Singularity
Plastic

Any other titles we know of?

>>

New Order have announced the release of their new album, Music Complete, out on 25 September 2015.

The long awaited album will be New Order’s first full studio release since 2005's Waiting For The Siren's Call, and their debut for Mute. Music Complete finds the group revitalised, and where the group has previously pushed toward electronics or guitars, here the two are in balance. Music Complete also marks a return to the studio for Gillian Gilbert, this is her first album with New Order since 2001's Get Ready.

The album will be released on CD, download and limited edition clear vinyl. In addition, there will be an exclusive 8-piece deluxe vinyl collection that includes the album plus extended versions of all 11 tracks on coloured vinyl

New Order are: Bernard Sumner, Gillian Gilbert, Stephen Morris, Tom Chapman and Phil Cunningham.

Music Complete is produced by New Order, except ‘Singularity’ and ‘Unlearn This Hatred’, both produced by Tom Rowlands, while ‘Superheated’ features additional production by Stuart Price. Long-term collaborator Peter Saville provides art direction.

Oh wait, track list and teaser here:

http://www.stereogum.com/1810658/new-order-announce-new-album-music-complete/mp3s/

TRACKLIST:
01 “Restless”
02 “Singularity”
03 “Plastic”
04 “Tutti Frutti”
05 “People On The High Line”
06 “Stray Dog”
07 “Academic”
08 “Nothing But A Fool”
09 “Unlearn This Hatred”
10 “The Game”
11 “Superheated”

Music Complete is out 9/25 via Mute on CD, download, and clear vinyl. There’s also a $100 8LP deluxe multi-colored vinyl version that includes the album plus extended versions of all 11 tracks.

Man, maybe New Order will tour here again like in 2012 and bring Depeche Mode along with them (the latter haven't been here since bloody 1994) since they're both on the Mute label now!

Are Mode still on Mute?

Are Mode still on Mute?

Their latest album was on Sony/Columbia. They didn't want to leave Mute though, it was part of a deal (EMI owned Mute for a while, and when Daniel Miller wanted to buy it back, the condition was that he couldn't have DM with it, and the band chose to help Miller get his label back.) I'm not entirely sure if they're still with Sony/Columbia, and Martin Gore's solo album was released by Mute this April.

Re: Next New Order record: "Music Complete"

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer the longer album version of Restless to that radio edit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh I was unaware of this although I had heard Singularity and was impressed. Looking forward to getting my hands on a clear vinyl!

I'm rather surprised this hasn't leaked yet.

Best album put out by any artist in years. A masterpiece from the opening track to the perfectly positioned last. :love:

I shall have to give it a listen, Miz Bites!

Music is quite good spoiled by Bernards shocking voice, who ever told that lad he should be the singer wants beating.

Music is quite good spoiled by Bernards shocking voice, who ever told that lad he should be the singer wants beating.

The millions of records he has sold seem to suggest maybe it's a matter of taste. "Great singers who can't sing" is a well established genre in pop music since the beginning. His voice is perfect for his songs. I know it's stupid to argue about taste, but you can't deny his success.

The millions of records he has sold seem to suggest maybe it's a matter of taste. "Great singers who can't sing" is a well established genre in pop music since the beginning. His voice is perfect for his songs. I know it's stupid to argue about taste, but you can't deny his success.

Fair comment.

Back
Top Bottom