Noel Gallagher on Smiths for Sirius Radio Show

Noel said this before playing "How Soon Is Now", "When bands try to cover other bands..Two people that you should never try to cover are Morrissey and John Lydon. Because they are so original in everything...you know Johnny was such a wizard on the guitar...the way that he plays the guitar is not derived from anything I could think about back in those days. The Smiths were on a different level, they still are. Every time I listen to The Smiths it's just lyrically and musically is just f*%&king unreachable for me."

I agree that it was the marriage of the music and lyrics that solidified the band as the best. Lot's of groups have amazing songs, but do they have both? Link for On Demand if you have Sirius

Plop.

noels changed his tune,he was hardly sticking up for M a while ago.

its probably because he hasnt said anything controversial enough to make the news lately

It is Noel who is making a big fuzz over all these COVID-19 containment measures (f*** them basically), whereas Morrissey has indeed been quiet.

Skylarker,

What does your R.E.M. (These Days) quote mean? It must mean something personal to you, if you are sticking it at the bottom of your quote. If you don't mind me asking?
I don't mind you asking.

I guess I feel like it's an announcement of a line drawn in the sand...a message to detractors that they should not overstep. Or really it's like this...this magnificent battle cry; a call to arms. And it's sung with such an emphatic, self-celebratory joy. There isn't a deeply personal reason I quoted it, honestly. I just really love it. It's a...that whole song is such a manic stream of consciousness declaration of personal discovery and empowerment. I guess that's all I can say about it.

Last edited:
It is Noel who is making a big fuzz over all these COVID-19 containment measures (f*** them basically), whereas Morrissey has indeed been quiet.

I thought he meant Noel !

Moz still gets in the news & trends on Twitter now though - for generally being A Terrible Person.

Ian Brown is now in hot water after his support of the "no vax". Aren't these guys supposed to be anti government? When did the paradigm switch??

I thought he meant Noel !

Moz still gets in the news & trends on Twitter now though - for generally being A Terrible Person.
More specifically it's for being a borderline racist, far-right campaigning, lying twat.

More specifically it's for being a borderline racist, far-right campaigning, lying twat.

He's none of those things.

If you bothered looking into it you'd find his main political goal is closing slaughter houses, he didn't think Anne Marie was far right & he hasn't lied, he's objected to the way the press makes things sound & he's got a point.

He's none of those things.

If you bothered looking into it you'd find his main political goal is closing slaughter houses, he didn't think Anne Marie was far right & he hasn't lied, he's objected to the way the press makes things sound & he's got a point.

M is a militant animal rights activist. He was led to believe that this woman is sane. She's not. I cannot emphasize how damaging her attendance at his recent gig was. Whomever was responsible for this fumble should be really be held accountable.

Where have you been!!! He got a kicking the other week.

But STILL got mitigated while Moz remains the Vlad the Impaler of Pop.

I seethe.

I was writing an answer and my browser crashed. That's the result of writing with a finger.

Talking about coronavirus is a lose-lose situation because we don't have all the information we need to emit a rational opinion. It's health against everything else, there is no single possibity to win until it finishes. It's a tragedy, you can't take sides here. I was saying this is like a world war, you don't know which is the right side until the end. Sensible people may be wrong. Crazy people could be right. For now we are obliged to support propaganda from both sides and, like a world war, pray to survive.

I was writing an answer and my browser crashed.

Talking about coronavirus is a lose-lose situation because we don't have all the infornation we need to emit a rational opinion. It's health against everything else, there is no single possibity to win until it finishes. It's a tragedy, you can't take sides here. I was saying this is like a world war, you don't know which is the right side until the end. Sensible people may be wrong. Crazy people could be right. For now we are obliged to support propaganda from both sides and, like a world war, pray to survive.

I know exactly whats going on. I am never wrong.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom