Omega Auctions: October auction contains potentially unheard material

I've only just got to this.

There are some really interesting cassettes listed in the auctions. Nerds assemble!

THE SMITHS - WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE/HAVE I - SMILE MUSIC LTD DEMO CASSETTE
What is the track Have I?

THE SMITHS - EDEN STUDIOS DEMO CASSETTE (BEFORE FIRST ALBUM)
Eden Studios was where the debut album was put together from the various studio sessions. Would the versions on the cassette be the same as the released versions of the album?

THE SMITHS - ASK REMIX - DEMO CASSETTE
There was only one version of Ask until 2001, but this cassette is dated 1986. I wonder what this is?

THE SMITHS - 'LIVE AT KILBURN' (RANK) - DEMO CASSETTES
Two 60 minute cassettes, but the runtime of Rank is 55 mins so maybe this has some of the other tracks?

THE SMITHS - MAYFAIR RECORDING STUDIOS DEMO CASSETTES
Two cassettes including remixes of Half a Person. Probably subtly different from the released versions, but perhaps not.

THE SMITHS - OXFORD 1985 DEMO CASSETTE (BBC FINAL MIXES)
Never officially released but some high quality bootlegs exist. I don't recall if the bootlegs included all songs from this gig.

THE SMITHS - HOW SOON IS NOW - DEMO CASSETTE
Includes an instrumental, which hasn't been released has it?

THE SMITHS - THE SMITHS - ORIGINAL TROY TATE SESSIONS DEMO CASSETTE
Ah... the pandora's box that is the Troy Tate sessions. Whatever this version is it's likely to be first gen and mixes that Troy Tate wanted Geoff to hear. Dare I say the 'definitive' version?

All the estimates are pretty reasonable. I'd love to hear some of these so wouldn't mind buying a few, but I have no interest in the artefact itself so perhaps there's a smart way of getting these into the hands of the masses?

Paging @Famous when dead.

Last edited:
Would really love to get a chance to purchase some of this unheard material,
but I just got done spendin' all my money buyin' Paul Bunyan's wooden foot.

X.jpg
turk trust you to put your foot in it.

But....
THE SMITHS - WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE/HAVE I - SMILE MUSIC LTD DEMO CASSETTE is definitely on 1997 TDK SA-90

Image from vintagecassetes.org: ______________ Image from Omega auctions:
1600028174707.png
1600028263586.png

Last edited:
It was nice seeing unequivocal affection in Mike & Stephen's tweets.

It was nice, but not that unexpected. I don't think either of them is interested in publicly slagging off Moz.
There had to be some special ~rules~ though of course...

You can't mention Morrissey...

20200913_223359.jpg

20200913_223440.jpg

But you also cannot not mention him I guess?

20200913_224041.jpg

There will be a second Mike Joyce listening party for Strangeways. Another album on which Morrissey's input was marginal...

You do it. :oops:

I don’t tweet. :oops:

Anyways, maybe there’s no drums or bass on the song, then he wouldn’t remember it. Maybe the song is a cross between Back to the old house and Please ... let me get what I want!
Maybe it’s such a beautiful and deeply moving song but because it’s subject matter was just too personal for Morrissey he refused to have it released!?

What if... what if ...?

:)

🤒
Excuse me, but are you here making this auction the same as the FHead troll from the 'charity auction.'??o_O
who coincidentally also 'worked for Rough Trade":mad:

It was nice, but not that unexpected. I don't think either of them is interested in publicly slagging off Moz.

View attachment 59068
View attachment 59069

View attachment 59071

There will be a second Mike Joyce listening party for Strangeways. Another album on which Morrissey's input was marginal...

WTF? MARGINAL?:lbf:

dont tell me FHead Mike is making out like he made the Moz albums.:flushed:

didnt :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: claim that he had to personally bunch up FHs chubby fingers around the dumb drum stick.doh:

now Moz had nothing to do with and he produced it.:blushing:

Iy might just be me, but I prefer the heard material. It's cheaper, better produced and actually worth listening to. If the unheard stuff was any good we would've heard it already.

View attachment 59068
View attachment 59069

View attachment 59071

We might not like him now - god, the poor Sod.

I've never seen anyone so demonized without any kind of mitigation - not one article wondering if he's lost his mind - straight to he's a horrible person.

Even on that Manchester bomb Facebook post - he essentially insults 3 politicians, the Queen, a policy & Islamic State & most of the comments instantly fill up with you racist c**t, you can't blame all muslims/brown people, etc... instead of something more balanced, like, 'this isn't the time to be negative' or 'you're wrong for x reason'...

Why are people so strange about him????

We might not like him now - god, the poor Sod.

I've never seen anyone so demonized without any kind of mitigation - not one article wondering if he's lost his mind - straight to he's a horrible person.

Even on that Manchester bomb Facebook post - he essentially insults 3 politicians, the Queen, a policy & Islamic State & most of the comments instantly fill up with you racist c**t, you can't blame all muslims/brown people, etc... instead of something more balanced, like, 'this isn't the time to be negative' or 'you're wrong for x reason'...

Why are people so strange about him????
Steve will be fine.

View attachment 59068
View attachment 59069

View attachment 59071

Ah yes, the great and all-encompassing, all-knowing, eternally smug "We " ~ who would that collective group be then Tim? If it's people with hair as bad as yours, count me OUT. Lovely 'bloke', í'm sure. But there are limits. And looking like Birdland for the last ten years is one of them...

Plus, í reckon that cutting Disco Dave Hasbin in on the par-tey was slightly at odds with Tim's 'play nice' house rules.

í didn't partake myself; í was diving at dawn with John Mills...

Morrissey G-MEX Smiths 1986 Kevin Cummins.jpg

View attachment 59068
View attachment 59069

View attachment 59071

Good for Tim, he’s always trying to keep it positive, no matter the band. ❤️

I don’t tweet. :oops:

Anyways, maybe there’s no drums or bass on the song, then he wouldn’t remember it. Maybe the song is a cross between Back to the old house and Please ... let me get what I want!
Maybe it’s such a beautiful and deeply moving song but because it’s subject matter was just too personal for Morrissey he refused to have it released!?

What if... what if ...?

:)
Stop it! That sounds too good to be true. A hidden treasure like that may very well possess the power to rid the world of all evil.

I remember an interview with Morrissey where he said that there's nothing left except for what remains of the cover of Elvis' (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I, which they did during the last sessions, but that's obviously not true.

I remember an interview with Morrissey where he said that there's nothing left except for what remains of the cover of Elvis' (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I, which they did during the last sessions, but that's obviously not true.

I lie a lot, it’s really useful’

- Morrissey

“Star Hits" Magazine Interview with Chris Heath, 1987.

;)

I lie a lot, it’s really useful’

- Morrissey

“Star Hits" Magazine Interview with Chris Heath, 1987.

;)

He really does. Often in the most blatantly obvious way. It's quite amusing.

Stop it! That sounds too good to be true. A hidden treasure like that may very well possess the power to rid the world of all evil.

I think we could all use a song like that
these days.

:pray:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom