Omega Auctions: October auction results (October 6, 2020)

THE SMITHS - STRANGEWAYS HERE WE COME - COPYMASTERS DEMO CASSETTE:
Estimate - £100-200.
Sold for: £1000

MORRISSEY - DEMO CASSETTES (ROUGH TRADE ARCHIVE):
Estimate - £100-200
Sold for: £130

THE SMITHS - WEA DEMO CASSETTES
Estimate - £100-200
Sold for: £300

THE SMITHS - EDEN STUDIOS DEMO CASSETTE (BEFORE FIRST ALBUM):
Estimate - £150-250
Sold for: £3000

THE SMITHS - SHEILA TAKE A BOW (SOLID BOND STUDIOS DEMO CASSETTE):
Estimate - £100-200
Sold for: £900

THE SMITHS - ASK REMIX - DEMO CASSETTE:
Estimate - £100-200
Sold for: £1300

THE SMITHS - 'LIVE AT KILBURN' (RANK) - DEMO CASSETTES:
Estimate - £100-200
Sold for: £700

THE SMITHS - MAYFAIR RECORDING STUDIOS DEMO CASSETTES:
Estimate - £150-250
Sold for: £3000

THE SMITHS - HOW SOON IS NOW - DEMO CASSETTE:
Estimate - £100-200
Sold for: £2100

THE SMITHS - THE SMITHS - ORIGINAL TROY TATE SESSIONS DEMO CASSETTE:
Estimate - £500-1000
Sold for: £2400

I couldn't follow this live to see if there was a clear explanation for lot removals, but the things that did sell did very well.
Not got time to link to the individual items, but summary above.
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited:
Some good prices there vs the estimates...

Why do we need this information? The items are extremely rare and worth a lot (?), but I don't see a need for a list. Most fans can't afford these items anyhow, and the authenticity doesn't seem to be clearly available.

Why do we need this information? The items are extremely rare and worth a lot (?), but I don't see a need for a list. Most fans can't afford these items anyhow, and the authenticity doesn't seem to be clearly available.
Who is we?
You mean you ain't interested.
Maybe others are.
Don't speak for most anyone.
Who cares you can't see the need for anything. This place collects every verrückt thing to do with Morrissey. If it ain't your bag scroll past.
Your view is not the world.

why is the mayfair demo so pricey.you could buy a bit of mayfair for that price,

Who is we?
Maybe others are.
Who cares you can't see the need for anything. This place collects every verrückt thing to do with Morrissey. If it ain't your bag scroll past.

"We" refers to us followers of this site. I don't speak for anyone but myself. I simply asked as question, as the auction(s) have ended. There is no more bidding. I don't understand how this news item is a headline on this site. I have no view to share with the world, just a question, to see if there is more to this new story than what meets the eye.

"We" refers to us followers of this site. I don't speak for anyone but myself. I simply asked as question, as the auction(s) have ended. There is no more bidding. I don't understand how this news item is a headline on this site. I have no view to share with the world, just a question, to see if there is more to this new story than what meets the eye.

Sorry, but I find this information really interesting. There is just no other Smiths related news these days

I feel for whatever mug paid £1,300 for the 'Ask Remix' cassette, plays it and realises it is the released version everyone already owns. :lbf:

Bizarre

Who is we?
Maybe others are.

I have what i believe are a few rare Smiths items to sell. Any suggestions?

Rubbish auction. Wake me up when MozzzZz decides to put his mom’s bathing suits up for auction yeah mate

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom