On this day

Interesting Choice. I honestly don’t know what I’d choose of only one. Possibly one from KU or the other 91 Singles, purely because they’ve never seen the light of day since 91. Plea to Guilty & Loop survived the cull, and its a shame sod all else did; sadly.

if you said 10 choices, that would have been a little fairer (until I’m stuck at 9) :paranoid:
I feel like Sing Your Life would massively improve the pace of any set.

Most oher songs on my list are rather slow or obscure. I don't think many people would appreciate 8 minutes of Late Night, Maudlin Street or a live debut of Michael's Bones (both songs I'd love to hear...).

I feel like Sing Your Life would massively improve the pace of any set.

Most oher songs on my list are rather slow or obscure. I don't think many people would appreciate 8 minutes of Late Night, Maudlin Street or a live debut of Michael's Bones (both songs I'd love to hear...).

Ive got to agree, you’re right, I don’t want to hear 8 mins of Maudlin Street :lbf: but Bones, then yea, I’d take that because it’s not had a run out. Personally, one slow song is enough, I just feel such songs take the energy out of the shows, and they crash to a point, the encore is the only revival point. I guess everyone has their favourites, wishes, and preferences but, should we get to see him again soon, I do think a real shakeup is needed. One that will have Sing Your Life in it, purely for you (and of course, I wouldn’t say no):highfive:

Ive got to agree, you’re right, I don’t want to hear 8 mins of Maudlin Street :lbf: but Bones, then yea, I’d take that because it’s not had a run out. Personally, one slow song is enough, I just feel such songs take the energy out of the shows, and they crash to a point, the encore is the only revival point. I guess everyone has their favourites, wishes, and preferences but, should we get to see him again soon, I do think a real shakeup is needed. One that will have Sing Your Life in it, purely for you (and of course, I wouldn’t say no):highfive:
That's what I think as well, a string of slow songs, that would all be great on their own can still ruin the whole set.

But at the end of the day, any setlist would do at the moment. :thumb:

That's what I think as well, a string of slow songs, that would all be great on their own can still ruin the whole set.

But at the end of the day, any setlist would do at the moment. :thumb:
Yea. You’re just about right. It’s not going to happen anytime soon. Israel and Pairs are 4 months off, and even when it was 13 months off after the first reschedule (In Israel’s case) I was almost certain it wouldn’t happen. Ah well, we can but hope.

Yea. You’re just about right. It’s not going to happen anytime soon. Israel and Pairs are 4 months off, and even when it was 13 months off after the first reschedule (In Israel’s case) I was almost certain it wouldn’t happen. Ah well, we can but hope.
Let's just hope for the best.

Happy New Year!

2013, without a record contract, beating the drum (or gong?) for himself.

Boxers.jpg

Far superior US CD cover, courtesy of Mr Walters

BoxersUS.jpg

Apparently, this one slipped through. Had this down as 20th January...

Damn me! Forgetting the title in the 2 seconds it took me to go from Solo to YouTube.
Relatable.

I think Morrissey might still be trying hard to forget the whole song's existence (supposedly his least favourite Smiths track).

Ach! He's being harsh. It's magnificent.

Hopefully this is the right song. 😳

It's the right song. Just a little ahead of schedule. 😉

He hated the way it turned out on the album and I can see why. It's still great, but flawed compared to this version for example.

Perhaps the only time he didn't mind the lack of airplay.

hi_1987_shoplifters12_1.jpg

More miming and mind numbing hip rotation from Festival Primavera:

Last edited:

hi_1985_howsoon12_uk_1.jpg

Always liked that the European sleeve was the same as William but in blue. A nice 'nod' to the origin

hi_1985_howsoon7_eec_1.jpg

The promo film is one of the better ones as well, the band footage is really nice

Back
Top Bottom