Painting and Drawing

This has got to be the last touch up
20201208_062204.jpg

I think it's very pretty now. I'm going to try to back off and leave it be.

A neighbor said she was thinking about paying me to do her portrait. Then she said she had her eye on Golden Retriever. In my haze, I said $80 for any 2 pieces, because that's what I ended up charging another neighbor.

She hesitated. Said she'd think about it. What was she expecting, to pay $10, for materials, frame, 11.5 hours work, and practise time botching other pieces? $15? Maybe a big spender's $20?

I gave her a slightly used $200 pair of shoes, a Green Beaver lotion (unopened), 2 books I read but hadn't bent, and a framed coloring book painting.

And now she expects me to give her my hard earned art free too?

Most of my neighbors are like this. There are two, who really care, and lots, who just want gullible Sharon to bend over.

Fake C said I was selling myself short to rifke, but it's not so simple. She challenged me to try my own hand at drawing, and I found it flattering that she wanted me to paint dreamyneil and Eddy. Plus, maybe she'll send me a fun xmas gift.

Most of my neighbors, I bet I'll just get a "Merry Christmas!" crossing paths, though I've given away 3 coloring book paintings (framed), did one woman's shopping, got ripped off for $50 by her, have promised the Canary painting to my suicidal neighbor, but, I have two good neighbors. Trustworthy, like to please, want you to have a genuine smile. One bought a painting, and I gave her 2. Another, works hard in his way, to be honest and pleasing, and I'm giving him Chocolate Lab around the 20th of December for xmas. Call me a doormat. I know he deserves it. I see what he's up against, and how hard he tries to live honestly. And he loves his Chocolate Lab.

I know I need to honor my time and other resources. Golden Retriever will be $300, minimum, now, and only if I really like you.

I start my 8 hour shift in a couple of minutes. I'll have two 15 minute breaks and 1 hour lunch. I'll be in my studio. My apartment. Trying to make enough room to work.

This is a neighbor I asked to take a photo of, to practice portraits, a while ago. Moz'll just have to wait. I'll have to wait. He's definitely next.

I've developed a dependency on videotaping my artwork, but it seems only half hour segments are possible. This is an excuse to stall, if I let it be. I wonder about live streaming...

I goofed off. Maybe I'll try again, in the morning, to discipline myself, to work, rather than shirk. I remember when I was making two paintings a day. They were less detailed, but one every 2 days seems a reasonable goal.

I've been prepping for upcoming paintings; the stretched canvas for Morrissey2, the little piece of wood for a mini Chocolate Lab for my mail carrier. I put watercolor ground on both. Meanwhile, Chocolate Lab is drying, after it's second of 3 coats of fixative, and my apartment smells of chemical fumes, but after it's 3rd coat is dry, I'll install the hardware to hang it, and enjoy seeing it on my wall above the TV 📺 until I give it to the person it's intended for, the owner of a Chocolate Lab.

Chocolate Lab has had its 3 coats of fixative, and some hardware installed in its wooden back for mounting on a little nail in the wall. Now I can gaze at it until the 20th, when I hand it over to the person it's intended for.
20201210_160238.jpg

Tags
art artwork drama drawing drudgery expression fun fury painting
Back
Top Bottom