Painting and Drawing

Pink Moz after another half hour
20201218_223713.jpg

I gave two portraits to the people they're of today, and the Chocolate Lab. My walls are a bit bare. Rifke's the only one who got me a Christmas gift. I like to be generous but next year, I'll probably be just giving away prints, not originals. For this year it's all good. I don't mind the bare spots on the wall. There are two more portraits I'd like to give to the people they're of, but I haven't broached the subject with them yet, so maybe after Christmas. I'd like them to have them.

Nobody will get my Pink Moz though, not for free anyway. And when it's finished, I won't post a close up of it. Need to learn to watermark my photos first. Because we are living in a material world. Not that it looks like a dime will come my way from my artwork, except that one sale about 2 months ago.

Stuck at home still waiting for my art masks to be delivered, so I can't go to pick up the present rifle sent me.

When you're stuck with just yourself, and you at least like your own company, times are good.

I contacted both the shipping company, and cafepress, and was told by the latter that my package is slated to be in my hands by 9 PM today. It's nearly 9 now. The shipping company emailed me back with a tracking number of a package in Jamaica. I don't think I'll ever order from cafepress again. I bought the masks on December 5th, and they said they'd be here by the 21st. For the past five days the shipping company has been teasing me with these words: "delivery shortly". I've been holed up at home waiting for 5 days expecting package any second.

I've not been painting while waiting for the package, because I don't want to be interrupted. Trying to get these masks has put me on hold, for the past five days. Frustrating!

The masks are stuck at customs. When I bought them, I believed they'd be made here in Canada, but it turned out they were made in Kentucky. So they're stuck in customs. Now I'm in a sour mood. All that time wasted waiting by the phone! And what's with giving me a second tracking number for a package in Jamaica! I feel sad, lonely, and of course frustrated.

But, at least I'm comfortable, have a nice apartment, art supplies, and peace to use them with.