Painting and Drawing

I told the woman who talked down to me the other day, that I decided I'm keeping the drawing of a woman with a canary, because I've grown attached to it. My heart's not into the idea of her badgering the drawing like she did me. I was going to give it to her for xmas, because she said she liked it, and I know she's always broke. She has a coloring book painting hanging on her wall. She can keep that of course, but my canary stays.

Motivation to work is at a premium now. I want to be a busy bee. Not all the time, but I'd like to finish a piece every couple of days. Not every 2 weeks like I've been doing. I've got Morrissey's portrait after my neighbor's lined up, then, a mini chocolate lab to put into my mailbox for the mail carrier. He's off work until January, so no rush. Then, someone here suggested Zombie Boy, and Mozmar made three suggestions, in the form of photos. Then, there's my spontaneity to consider. I might want to veer off to do another self portrait or, do a 3rd Morrissey portrait, or another dog,...or another canary, or a cat, as "The. Truth." suggested, for the USA site https://www.cafepress.com/profile/sharonimo or the Canadian site https://www.cafepress.ca/profile/sharonimo . I might want to paint shoes, to get an excuse to use colors I don't often use.

Motivating myself is where my Achilles heel is. I hope I will get myself on track today, and keep on it.

Just for fun, using dollar store brushes and student grade paint, the wrong size paper
20201213_140749.jpg

I find it so much easier to start a painting in good company. I wish I could afford to hire a live in companion.

Ruined her by putting heavy makeup on her. I couldn't resist. Maybe next time I have an innocent face I won't wreck it.
20201215_224218.jpg

I said I'd do Morrissey next, but I need a break, I feel, from serious painting. This is from 6am or so this morning, just doing the background.

Tags
art artwork drama drawing drudgery expression fun fury painting
Back
Top Bottom