Pat Pope photos for sale include Morrissey; interview with Some Dizzy Whore

Stunning photos show music icons David Bowie, Damon Albarn and Morrissey as you’ve never seen them before - The Sun
May, 25th, 2017 by Jennifer Newton

Photographer Pat Pope is showing off stunning pictures of some of his never-before-seen work

Lots of iconic artists and meant to be 'never been seen' - some great shots.

Regards,
FWD.

Also:

Link from George:
Never-before-seen picture of Morrissey released as photographer admits: ‘I drove him around in my dirty car’ - Some Dizzy Whore / Facebook

Excerpt:

The photographer behind Morrissey's iconic Maladjusted album cover has described driving the “very polite and sweet” cult icon around London – in a car filled with cigarette butts and junk food wrappers.

The Melody Maker snapper told Some Dizzy Whore in an exclusive interview that he spent a day in 1997 taking pictures at city locations entirely of Morrissey's choice.

40140_pat_pope.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz is the coolest guy ever. And the fact that he's an island surrounded by shark infested waters makes him even cooler.

what a looker! jukebox lurker! would make a wonderful poster above my bed.:D

'The 51-year-old said Morrissey was a particularly good subject for two important reasons.
He said: “Number one, he is quite good looking, which always makes it a bit easier.
“But secondly, in the studio when we did some [silhouette-style pictures] we did about 64 shots. It was very laborious.
“Most people of his stature wouldn't have put up with that. But he was very patient.”

- Pat Pope from the Some Dizzy Whore / Facebook page interview.

The "iconic" Maladjusted cover? You mean the one where he looks like he's getting ready to have a poop in the woods? I seem to recall Morrissey hating the cover. Something about "squat and gnome like."

The "iconic" Maladjusted cover? You mean the one where he looks like he's getting ready to have a poop in the woods? I seem to recall Morrissey hating the cover. Something about "squat and gnome like."

the iconic munchkin cover! I agree. 'Viva Hate' iconic cover image ? yes. 'Malajusted? no, though maybe 'iconic' to the maladjusted. ;)

the iconic munchkin cover! I agree. 'Viva Hate' iconic cover image ? yes. 'Malajusted? no, though maybe 'iconic' to the maladjusted. ;)
The Viva hate cover is the single best photograph ever taken of the man. I may be biased, since that was the first I heard of Morrissey, but still. Everything you needed to know about Morrissey- at that point at least- was contained within that photo.

Don't they mean the reissue? Really cool cover!

I thought that picture had been taken by Rankin. Or am I mistaken? :crazy:

oops! yes they must. The original photo art was by Rankin. Though I still wouldn't go as far as calling the reissue cover ' iconic', though a much better choice than the original.

That makes much more sense. Sorry. When I saw iconic and Maladjusted cover in the same sentence, it simply didn't compute. Let me have a second cup of coffee and get up to speed.

Why are they making such a big deal about an unseen photo that is so close to one already used? It is nearly the same exact photo from the "Roy's Keen" single inside artwork. Photogs take 100's of photos of the artist that never see the light of day. Do we care about this photo and the shocking truth that it is unseen?

Well most of the jokes about the swords cover were that the face made in the photo was similar to an expression made when one can't manage to poop in the woods. yes I'm aware that there's no woods on the cover of maladjusted which is what made it a bit confusing and the comment just made me think of swords since that was the popular joke when it came out. That it looked like a constipated man wandering the woods. The maladjusted usually got flak for morrissey looking like a frat boy etc or that he'd accidentally wandered into a third eye blind shoot. As to middle kids I'm so sorry you didn't like them. Don't know much about them myself as I clicked for the song as I like it and the author. I'll live I guess

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom