Pat Pope photos for sale include Morrissey; interview with Some Dizzy Whore

Stunning photos show music icons David Bowie, Damon Albarn and Morrissey as you’ve never seen them before - The Sun
May, 25th, 2017 by Jennifer Newton

Photographer Pat Pope is showing off stunning pictures of some of his never-before-seen work

Lots of iconic artists and meant to be 'never been seen' - some great shots.

Regards,
FWD.

Also:

Link from George:
Never-before-seen picture of Morrissey released as photographer admits: ‘I drove him around in my dirty car’ - Some Dizzy Whore / Facebook

Excerpt:

The photographer behind Morrissey's iconic Maladjusted album cover has described driving the “very polite and sweet” cult icon around London – in a car filled with cigarette butts and junk food wrappers.

The Melody Maker snapper told Some Dizzy Whore in an exclusive interview that he spent a day in 1997 taking pictures at city locations entirely of Morrissey's choice.

40140_pat_pope.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Viva hate cover is the single best photograph ever taken of the man. I may be biased, since that was the first I heard of Morrissey, but still. Everything you needed to know about Morrissey- at that point at least- was contained within that photo.

I always liked the outstretched arms of "Kill Uncle".

I've seen that jukebox photo before. Taken in Dublin for his Irish Times interview if I remember correctly.
I could be wrong. I suspect someone keeps messing around with the memory circuits inside my head when I'm asleep. One of these nights I'll catch him.

Last edited:
Why are they making such a big deal about an unseen photo that is so close to one already used? It is nearly the same exact photo from the "Roy's Keen" single inside artwork. Photogs take 100's of photos of the artist that never see the light of day. Do we care about this photo and the shocking truth that it is unseen?

But it still is a great photo.

The Viva hate cover is the single best photograph ever taken of the man. I may be biased, since that was the first I heard of Morrissey, but still. Everything you needed to know about Morrissey- at that point at least- was contained within that photo.

That was Anton Corbijn.
All photos made by him of Moz were great.

That was Anton Corbijn.
All photos made by him of Moz were great.

except the ones you didn't see. Trust me, I was there, I brought the sandwiches. ;)

kidding aside, you're probably right. And just to think that a photo of George Formby's grave was the original idea for the cover of 'Viva Hate'. o_O :)

Well said. That is it exactly. But a lot of credit has to be given to Anton Corbjin (sic?) as he was able to capture it (I believe he took the pictures).
I remember having a giant poster of that cover in my bedroom as a teenager.
Regretfully, Morrissey had to ruin it, since now on my iTunes artwork it has that HIDEOUS font that just ruins mostly the whole picture.
...."at that point at least".....

exactly

I've seen that jukebox photo before. Taken in Dublin for his Irish Times interview if I remember correctly.
I could be wrong. I suspect someone keeps messing around with the memory circuits inside my head when I'm asleep. One of these nights I'll catch him.
ACTON, when you catch him, I want a piece of him. I want justice for it now taking 3 days to recover from playing 5 hours of basketball.

One of those Morrissey releases where both b-side and extra track are both light years ahead of the single itself. Though there is a certain charm in his ability to do that.
I'm not sure I would call it charm. I, personally would call it 1 of 2 things.

1) Lack of an 'ear'; which I doubt very, very seriously since a concrete wall could determine after one listen that Lost was superior in every aspect imaginable.

2) Petty. I can see Morrissey knowing it was a better song, but not wanting to give Spencer an A-side writing credit; for whatever imagined reason.

But only 1) could explain I Can Have Both being relegated to a B-side. For that, I have other theories that no one is interested in, including myself.

Be well all...

I'm not sure I would call it charm. I, personally would call it 1 of 2 things.

1) Lack of an 'ear'; which I doubt very, very seriously since a concrete wall could determine after one listen that Lost was superior in every aspect imaginable.

2) Petty. I can see Morrissey knowing it was a better song, but not wanting to give Spencer an A-side writing credit; for whatever imagined reason.

But only 1) could explain I Can Have Both being relegated to a B-side. For that, I have other theories that no one is interested in, including myself.

Be well all...
Brilliant. Couldn't agree more. 'I Can Have Both' should have been on an album. I would say the same for 'Jack The Ripper' and 'This Is Not Your Country' and 'Nobody Loves Us'.
'Nobody Loves Us' is one of the best Moz songs ever (in my opinion). I know it came out during the Southpaw era but I think it would have been perfect as the final song on Vauxhall And I. If that album started with 'Now My Heart Is Full' and ended with 'Nobody Loves Us' I think it would have been just perfect. Of course Vauxhall is an amazing album regardless.

Moz was sleek during Maladjusted - good look in retrospect.

M reissue cover was good but this would've been miles better. The look on his face, a jukebox filled with Jobriath 45s, and Elvis hovering in the bg.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom