Pat Pope photos for sale include Morrissey; interview with Some Dizzy Whore

Stunning photos show music icons David Bowie, Damon Albarn and Morrissey as you’ve never seen them before - The Sun
May, 25th, 2017 by Jennifer Newton

Photographer Pat Pope is showing off stunning pictures of some of his never-before-seen work

Lots of iconic artists and meant to be 'never been seen' - some great shots.

Regards,
FWD.

Also:

Link from George:
Never-before-seen picture of Morrissey released as photographer admits: ‘I drove him around in my dirty car’ - Some Dizzy Whore / Facebook

Excerpt:

The photographer behind Morrissey's iconic Maladjusted album cover has described driving the “very polite and sweet” cult icon around London – in a car filled with cigarette butts and junk food wrappers.

The Melody Maker snapper told Some Dizzy Whore in an exclusive interview that he spent a day in 1997 taking pictures at city locations entirely of Morrissey's choice.

40140_pat_pope.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1,500 BP for each , or each complete set

anyway lots of money, the Smiths book previously released by
Nalidee Darmong got lots of good pics, and a fair price, comparing to this.

my fave Morrissey pic, is the sleeve pic of 'we hate it when our friends...

The original Maladjusted cover was by Rankin. It is perhaps one of the worst photos taken of Morrissey. The monochromatic gray background did not help the pained expression and awkward squat. The rear cover photo from the LP - which I've sported a blurry version of as my avatar for <shivers> well over a decade - would have made a superior cover.

Personally, I liked his "funny uncle" wardrobe and "abridged" quiff from the Maladjusted tour. The photos taken of him in SF that year are quite stunning.

76216141.jpg

88993236.jpg

tumblr_lq690am9rc1qi6x5bo1_1280.jpg

Brilliant. Couldn't agree more. 'I Can Have Both' should have been on an album. I would say the same for 'Jack The Ripper' and 'This Is Not Your Country' and 'Nobody Loves Us'.
'Nobody Loves Us' is one of the best Moz songs ever (in my opinion). I know it came out during the Southpaw era but I think it would have been perfect as the final song on Vauxhall And I. If that album started with 'Now My Heart Is Full' and ended with 'Nobody Loves Us' I think it would have been just perfect. Of course Vauxhall is an amazing album regardless.
Agreed.
Nobody Loves Us is remarkable. An unbelievably excellent song. Even my kids like that song. My daughter made a template for a cross-stich (I think that's what it's called) that says 'We tend to please ourselves'.

1,500 BP for each , or each complete set

anyway lots of money, the Smiths book previously released by
Nalidee Darmong got lots of good pics, and a fair price, comparing to this.

my fave Morrissey pic, is the sleeve pic of 'we hate it when our friends...

That one belongs to my alltime favorite iconic photos of Moz too!
With the great specs, which suited him nicely, and the plaster on his forehead. Besides the handsomeness, he had that mildly ironic and funny expression on his face.

But this, the Pat Pope one is iconic to me for it is a great portrait and there is a darker side to it, not really shure how to describe it otherwise, quite enigmatic, revealing but hard to explain what it reveals.

I guess it was always there but if you think about the time the photo was taken, it says something about the man.
There is a knowing sense to it, besides the charm and the good looks. The smile is a knowing smile.
A bit wary, not only charming.
Great photo by a very good photographer.
Cheers Celibate :thumb:

Agreed.
Nobody Loves Us is remarkable. An unbelievably excellent song. Even my kids like that song. My daughter made a template for a cross-stich (I think that's what it's called) that says 'We tend to please ourselves'.
That's top class! Your kids must be talented. I was singing 'Nobody Loves Us' earlier this week and my young daughter said 'I do'.

Anyone know if he is still an honorary member of "Underbite Anonymous"?

i like the hollywood high school photo with the suit n sunglasses,why isn't there a decent poster of that.

More Douglas Brothers photographs:

Regards,
FWD.

Vauxhall photo is the biz,still think his hair is best on the refusal cover.

Best Moz album cover, inlay cover, album, Moz era of them all. At his all time coolest. Even the photos from the record signings are ace.
It is a brilliant cover and inlay...and what an album. After twenty years (more than that!), I maintain it stands among the best opening and closing songs of any album.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom