Percussion Discussion: Chad Smith says "just finished a Morrissey album" - Iggy Pop guests on it (February 20, 2021)

Screenshot_20210416-192611~2.png

That came from left field.
Chad states that Iggy Pop features on the Morrissey album also.
Playing the above video should go to the right point.

"The controversial Morrissey..." :)

It would have gone in the 'Strange...' thread, but if it is the first mention of any new material - it should be separate.

Marked as rumour until more details become available.

Regards,
FWD.

🧐

no wonder tiny Le🐸 hurried up and pretended he made a new album too. he heard from hooky or that dork bernard that moz and iggy pop were making a record. its all making sense its all falling into place✍️

:lbf:

now the Skinny trolls will start lambasting Iggy Pop🧐
suddenly hes no good and the record with Sum 41 sucks:lbf:

Again, hypothetically, the world has been relatively landlocked for a year+, Morrissey is known to have last been seen in a US hotel which is less than 3 miles away from Sunset Sound...
The main band are all spread everywhere and only a couple are in Ca. Matt is over on the East coast and Chad is in and out of Sunset Sound constantly - so available.
Not a huge leap to see how this may have come about.
Any information either way will appear here as soon as it surfaces.
FWD.

Roger Manning Jr, who often plays keyboards on Morrissey albums, is also based in CA.

Roger Manning Jr, who often plays keyboards on Morrissey albums, is also based in CA.

Mando, Gustavo and obviously Jesse also live in LA, right?
So probably no Boz and no Matt.

Last edited:
Brilliant. He even called it a "Morrissey album" and that he "did all the tracks for that". If he'd said 'record' I'd be worried it could be a single or something. I doubt if he would joke about it either so I'm fairly confident Moz has or is in the process of having a new album recorded. God knows when we'll see it though (i.e. nobody knows).

Again, hypothetically, the world has been relatively landlocked for a year+, Morrissey is known to have last been seen in a US hotel which is less than 3 miles away from Sunset Sound...
The main band are all spread everywhere and only a couple are in Ca. Matt is over on the East coast and Chad is in and out of Sunset Sound constantly - so available.
Not a huge leap to see how this may have come about.
Any information either way will appear here as soon as it surfaces.
FWD.
Is Moz in LA? I thought he was still in Alderley Edge.

This notion comes from the New Year video being suggested as shot in The Sunset Marquis Hotel.
Discussed here.
SER is definitely in the Altrincham area, but with Morrissey being MIA, I'd suggest it could have a ring of truth to it.
Would give Chad's comments better context.
Happy to be wrong.
Regards,
FWD.

Rumour tag removed as now reasonably well substantiated.
FWD.

This notion comes from the New Year video being shot in The Sunset Marquis Hotel.
Discussed here.
SER is definitely in Altrincham, but with Morrissey being MIA, I'd suggest it has a ring of truth to it.
Regards,
FWD.
I reckon when is the delusional fantasy ever going to end with you people? When California Son is in his grave at Hollywood Forever, you delusional "fans" are still going to be here with fantasy questions like "Is California Son in LA?" I reckon the ironic thing is that no one from Moz Angeles really cares that he was born in LA. He has been jamming with Chad Smith and John Frusciante almost every day down at Sunset Sound since chinese subspecies virus, which I have stated here multiple times.

Stop saying words like Altrichechciham. California Son Junior is in Tennessee with his model girlfriend. The landscape of Tennessee does look like Brittin and rightfully so since that is where a lot of British immigrants settled in the 1700's and worked the fields as slaves to America. Stop equating music with nationalism because you have no culture. You stole Blues music and called it your own in the 60's and 70s, and you stole the Byrds guitar sound and called it your own in 80's and 90's and you kidnapped California Son and tried to make him your own along with other Americans Jimi Hendrix, Chrissie Hynde, Terrance Trent D'Arby...the list goes on. He calls himself CALIFORNIA SON. I reckon wake up and go home!! c*** tit twat Altrichecheccham fek'll chipper curry inn nn n n nn nn n n n n it.

Fark Arse

Mando, Gustavo and obviously Jesse also live in LA, right?
So probably no Boz and no Matt.
I actually think that Gustavo lives in Austin Texas. That's why I brought up Roger Manning Jr.
If Boz can't join the studio recording sessions due to the circumstances, then we can probably expect one of those rumors that he has left the band :) .

Let THIS be true!

maybe a duet ? .....

“You’ve lost that loving feeling” ?

:pray:

Now I wanna be your dog

on a chain !!!!

:guitar::rock::p:cool:

Aren't Alain Whyte and his drone in LA?

I actually think that Gustavo lives in Austin Texas. That's why I brought up Roger Manning Jr.
If Boz can't join the studio recording sessions due to the circumstances, then we can probably expect one of those rumors that he has left the band :) .
I know that he's from Austin but I was under the impression that he's living in LA, too. I could be wrong though.
Manning contributed to Doggo as well, so they could both be involved.

Last edited:
Moz please tell us how you are !!!. I want to see and listen to you, come on Moz tell us if you have anything new

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom