Peter Hook: "I am an object of hate on the Morrissey fan club site"

Peter Hook on "Morrissey"-Q&A-Substance: Inside New Order-book tour-JCCSF-Feb 4, 2017-Joy Division - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww!! Boo!! I am not into this! This is fresh 2017 shit-slinging, with shit leftover from 1982,.. or what!? Huh? :p I mean, I think everyone should make the effort and people should have to get some new shit to throw around, at least once in 30+ years. Cause some shit gets old!

I laughed at first when I saw this post, and then I laughed even more when I saw Quando's post, and I was literally about to start typing without even pressing play on the clip, and I WAS GONNA be like, "HEY Surface!! Are you in here?!!! Cause I don't think you should show Hooky that New Order nazi wiki, next time you are out walking your dogs together!" :lbf: Kind of because I wouldn't want Hooky to be bummed out and harassed while he's trying to walk his dogs, and mostly just because I thought it was roll around on the floor, die-laughing-out-loud-funny, that anyone would not have known that stuff!

BUT then I started watching the clip, and for like 5 seconds, I was like, oh well! You have to forgive someone for trying to get a laugh out of their own audience, when they're just sitting there trying to be interviewed and everyone, artists or otherwise, really just wants to do as well for themselves as they can. And getting a laugh out of an audience never hurt anyone.

But then it really quickly turned instead of just funny with no mal-intent, to gleefully gloating and sticking in the most childishly mean anecdote that anyone could have pulled out of their hat.

I know it worked in terms of him breaking the ice in his own interview, and giving his audience and his fans what they wanted. BUT!! Lemme do a quick paint-by-numbers explanation! :D

When people come on Moz-Solo, and they go "HEY, MOZZY!! You twatbag! What the frick is even wrong with you!! I think your last album BLOWS, and WHY IS IT NOT 1985 anymore!!! Why WHY WHY!!!!! And all of it, ALL OF THIS, IS ALL ALL ALL YOUR FAULT, Mozzy!!" And then they take a step back, and they (hopefully) think about just how crazy they are, and what they've just said...

And then it's all kind of lost on them anyway, because let's all face it together, sometimes people are more than just a fork or two short of the proverbial picnic. And then they step right up again, and they go, "So, HEY MOZZY!! Why the frick can't you just CHANGE YOUR MUSIC, and JUST BE MORE LIKE HOOKY?! HUH???!! WHY!!"

And well... then, this is what happens. I take a step back myself, and I think, "Wow. Some people really need to make an effort to get out to some more New Order shows, than they're currently allowing themselves." :p

And then I kind of mentally whistle to myself, and think, "Some of the people that say this stuff, well! you're all :crazy: cuckcoo, cuckcoo, cuckoo!"

Cause ain't nobody got no time for that kind of crazy talk! :lbf: (And isn't that right, Mozzy?! :dancers:) (And aren't I basically just always right?) Why, yes! Yes I am! But at least I look good, at least I'm funny, and at least I always gotch-yer back! :dancers:

SO!!! Now that we've explained to everyone that Morrissey doesn't want to audition this year to be the lead singer of New Order, let's go have some COCKTAILS!! Well, everyone who's not out buying more New Order tickets! Cause I mean, some people need to go do that!! Well, actually, scratch that all together. Cause ain't nobody got no time to have no crazy cocktails, with nobody off M-Solo!!! :lbf: I'm going by myself! But,... CHA-CHA-CHA!! :dancers:

Last edited:
HEY QUANDO!! I can see you there, right now!! Following me around, leaving me little likes everywhere! And not saying anything! :p Is that new pic in your avatar your little dog in real life???????? If, so GIMME!!!!!!! :lbf: :p

Please and thank you! :dancers: :dancers: :dancers:

Which is kinda funny as I'd say some people on MozSolo also love New Order. I know I do.

Totally, NO was the first "80's Alternative" band I got into. Peter's story is kind of funny and I really enjoy hearing about these old band rivalries. "Object of hate?" Well, yeah, when stories like this are posted here. But, in general? Not really that I've seen.

Last edited:

Peter Hook on "Morrissey"-Q&A-Substance: Inside New Order-book tour-JCCSF-Feb 4, 2017-Joy Division - YouTube

Nonsense - an object of indifference more like.
I (and most others round here) really couldn't shive a git about the man...

He called Moz a 'twat' in 2009, but since then, I thought the coverage he gets on this site is pretty measured(ish) and reasonable.
He's quite a character and gets very polarised responses at times - so 'hate' should be expected perhaps!?
Regards,
FWD.

(oh, and happy 30th birthday today to New Order's Substance album).

Last edited:
Those JD fan boards are a hoot.

"No one really was into the Smiths" that's a cracker.

"The Smiths were OK but they were no JD" yes, that's because the Smiths had more than two good songs.

"The wrong singer died" Imagine getting so worked up to type something as obnoxious?

Hooky seems OK, I don't mind New Order. Storm in a teacup. Another example of the word "hate" being misplaced.

HEY QUANDO!! I can see you there, right now!! Following me around, leaving me little likes everywhere! And not saying anything! :p Is that new pic in your avatar your little dog in real life???????? If, so GIMME!!!!!!! :lbf: :p

Please and thank you! :dancers: :dancers: :dancers:

LOL !!
Hi Scanty, I am shy. :o
You know I like your posts and style so it can't be that surprising. They are funny and entertaining.
I also like the relative relaxed attitude, more aimed at the joyful things in life and the senses, not being dulled and neglected even so when you are a person who has to deal with all the complicated things of life like we all have to.

I am imprrressed by your use of language, and I like your dancing emoijs.
But I am also a bit defensive and shy and don't want to hurt anybody who is kind and nice. And I know I can be quite naive.

I sense you also have a very polemic side and are able to destroy metaphorically a person htiing you, even when it is not on purpose and unintended.

The doggie belongs to my sister and I like the photo.
She doesn't mind it, me using it as my avatar.
;)

Teapot tempest it may be, but I have to give Hooky credit....can you imagine the "interview" if we'd heard one second more of the interviewer (struggling to think of more than two British bands from the eighties...scouring his mind to come up with Depeche Mode) and less of PH, who tried to be funny/light, at least. Jaysus!

Interesting, not only do people use Morrissey's name for press, they are no coat tailing on this damn website. Can't anyone generate their own press?

He is badly informed as he is in fact loved and adored on this website but then again maybe he meant some other Moz fan website that we do not know of.

I know a well read journo once wrote that Hooky is an awful person with a towel over his shoulders. That journo did not get the manc banter that Hooky is like a reference to.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom