Peter Hook: "I am an object of hate on the Morrissey fan club site"

Peter Hook on "Morrissey"-Q&A-Substance: Inside New Order-book tour-JCCSF-Feb 4, 2017-Joy Division - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
I know. It's amazing how you can lose a bass player and then get another bass player and continue just fine isn't it?

Except for the fact that the current New Order bass sounds like a crap computer programme or something. It is just flat but also lost the soul that Hooky brought to it.

Some are just too young to realise these things and once upon a time music was authentic and real and people played real instruments.

That is why old hits are still better than the modern ones which I realised today listening to some station playing 80's and 90's hits.

It always comes to this where younger generations wanna be smug about it and claim that this and that band and artists was not as good after all and the reason they have that view is cause they are jealous.

I feel so sad for all the people that missed out on the final era when music mattered at all which was of course in the 90's. But then again we know you kids hide in the basement and dance to old New Order and get goosebumps from Hooky's base just like we did but we showed our love for them in the open.

I know. It's amazing how you can lose a bass player and then get another bass player and continue just fine isn't it?

Whispers "lawnmower part making strange sounds so needs to be replaced.
(Hiding behind the keyboard, covering himself in a hoody with Moz on it pulling a face and turning his face away)

Young people just lost the ability to have fun and enjoy themselves in an authentic way. Now they stand like nervous wrecks pressed up against the wall like hens ready to be picked.

It is the younger generations only pastime to analyse music from the past that shaped all the music that were ever any good. Void of a music scene at all these days no wonder the kids get depressed and start attacking the past and their heroes.

They are unable to create anything near it and then they become fans standing in front of a stage where there are no bands and artists performing. Getting born too late is something most people never get over.

It is hard for younger people and even the people of today to accept a genuine person like Hooky. He comes with no fuss and tells it as it is and for a political correct generation he is a nightmare.

The man does something people of today stopped doing and that is living a genuine life with genuine things in it. When the posers are done buying the gear that they believe make them cool a man like Hooky can look back on a life that was real and authentic and everything that the current times are not.

Being young comes with envy of the things that went on before their time and the realisation that the times have changed so much they can never do what others did before them.

Millennials will be very depressed paedos by the time they hit the age of 40.

Except for the fact that the current New Order bass sounds like a crap computer programme or something. It is just flat but also lost the soul that Hooky brought to it.

Some are just too young to realise these things and once upon a time music was authentic and real and people played real instruments.

That is why old hits are still better than the modern ones which I realised today listening to some station playing 80's and 90's hits.

It always comes to this where younger generations wanna be smug about it and claim that this and that band and artists was not as good after all and the reason they have that view is cause they are jealous.

I feel so sad for all the people that missed out on the final era when music mattered at all which was of course in the 90's. But then again we know you kids hide in the basement and dance to old New Order and get goosebumps from Hooky's base just like we did but we showed our love for them in the open.

Eh? Music Complete is the only album without Hooky and the bass is played by Tom Chapman who also plays with them live. The album is regarded as the best they have recorded in years.

Those JD fan boards are a hoot.

"No one really was into the Smiths" that's a cracker.

"The Smiths were OK but they were no JD" yes, that's because the Smiths had more than two good songs.

"The wrong singer died" Imagine getting so worked up to type something as obnoxious?

Hooky seems OK, I don't mind New Order. Storm in a teacup. Another example of the word "hate" being misplaced.

They are people who clearly were not around at the time and don't know anything. When The Smiths were promoting What Difference Does It Make they played at The Hacienda and a shit load of people, well over a thousand were turned away as it was packed to the rafters.

Eh? Music Complete is the only album without Hooky and the bass is played by Tom Chapman who also plays with them live. The album is regarded as the best they have recorded in years.

Life is all about opinion. Of course younger generations are keen to keep things going and create their own legacy which in this case is a little more than desperate. As someone who hears and reads loads of entertainment and popular culture news I haven't heard one mention of that album.

Surely even the most diehard fan realises that no one out there really cares about New Order like they once used to do. Past their best sell by date by 10-15 years.

Hooky is a genuine manc unlike Moz. Hooky speaks the accent and he goes to the United games and he still lives there.

Moz has an accent of a boring office clerk from Lewisham.

Case closed.

Anyone want to buy a Revenge or Monaco CD? All you Hooky lovers out there. Huh

Who buys cd's and vinyls?

I wouldn't but the bands and albums he released were very underrated but in all honesty just some harmless but of fun on the side like he said himself.

Hooky never lets anything affect him in true old school manc style unlike Moz who gets abuse from kid and spends the next 6 months seeking counselling from his gay next door neighbour.

Hooky would have survived Dunkirk whereas Moz would have served his time as a hole of weird kind of love.

It strikes me that Hooky is everything that Morrissey is not. Loyal to his roots and culture and traditions. Honest whatever he talks about and an overall likeable man unlike Morrissey.

You can see how the fallout from a fight between them would end. A quick burial for Morrissey while Hooky is off pulling pints chatting with his fans.

I suspect Hooky has a problem with Moz cause the disappearing quiff one is gay.

Hooky always spoke his mind and wasn't exactly impressed when Ian Curtis was rolling about having his epilepsy attacks. Hooky could have lead an army in any war and millennials are touchy when it comes to real men as they themselves are of course littered with female hormones from toxic things and plastic bottles.

Hooky would never sport the bra you lot will when you are his age.

Hooky is a genuine manc unlike Moz. Hooky speaks the accent and he goes to the United games and he still lives there.

Moz has an accent of a boring office clerk from Lewisham.

Case closed.

Reopened. :)
Don't know nuffink about Lewisham. Not even that it existed.
They must be nice people.
But I'm just a bloody foreigner, so hey, Manc, you can ignore me!
As you would anyway. :rolleyes:

Few things are more nauseating than watching the aged complain about the next generation's tastes, and thinking the grew up in a time where pop culture was just brimming with quality. All the while, they were likely complaining at the time about how the previous decades trends were terrible, and how boring music by their peers is.

There is not a single generation that hasn't thought this, and it's weird to see people develop the same age related illness as their parents.

By the mid 1990's post grunge had taken over, rock was dying, and artists of particular scenes were scolded if they veered too far off the reservation. This was a direct result of the original punk movement that did more to stifle musical creativity than it did to propel it. By it's nature, punk was a musically conservative movement.

The indie scene in the 90's had become self-sympathetic, and dull; a lazy hang-out for uncultured, white suburban kids. People were complaining about how rock was dead. Finally, when the Strokes appeared, it was okay to dance, and play guitars again without having to have them sound like a trumpet, or a kazoo set at a funeral pace. You couldn't have an audience in the scene if your balls had dropped. Very little was great about the 90's, and even less was great about the 80's.

I say this as someone who is from those generations. Music is much more available, and interesting now than it's ever been. People like to think they had it better in the past because they can't be a part of what is happening now.

"The clock on on the wall makes a joke of us all."
-Terence Trent Darby.

Young people just lost the ability to have fun and enjoy themselves in an authentic way. Now they stand like nervous wrecks pressed up against the wall like hens ready to be picked.

You really are out of touch. The mixing of dance music, and indie music has been going on for almost twenty years now, and is at its peak right now. It was previous generations where dancing during an artists set was considered rude to the point of absurdity.

It's the younger generations only pastime to analyse music from the past that shaped all the music that were ever any good. Void of a music scene at all these days no wonder the kids get depressed and start attacking the past and their heroes.

Most generations are interested primarily in the music of their time, and not their parent's music. It's supposed to be that way, or all we would be doing is waiting for another Beatles album to come out. The Beatles were despised by generations that directly followed them. This didn't start to fade until about the mid-nineties.

They are unable to create anything near it and then they become fans standing in front of a stage where there are no bands and artists performing. Getting born too late is something most people never get over.

Again, out of touch. A sad predictable effect of aging, and not having the spirit, or sense of openness to try new things. It's the cocooning effect.

You want to romanticize the past because it had fewer realities, and responsibilities that you had to confront.

Life is worse, so everything else must be worse.

It is hard for younger people and even the people of today to accept a genuine person like Hooky. He comes with no fuss and tells it as it is and for a political correct generation he is a nightmare.

I'm sorry, but you could get away with saying less during the 80's than you can now. People are much more crass, and flippant now, and the standards for discourse are much weaker. Social media has made that a twenty-four hour reality. We know everyone's thoughts now. If these thoughts had been made public decades ago, they would have received just as much criticism. People just have a more immediate way to respond to thoughts that really should be kept private, and serve no meaningful purpose except ridicule.

When people complain about political correctness they're usually referring to the inability to make derogatory comments about minorities without any negative consequences; as if free speech only works one way.

The man does something people of today stopped doing and that is living a genuine life with genuine things in it. When the posers are done buying the gear that they believe make them cool a man like Hooky can look back on a life that was real and authentic and everything that the current times are not.

Being young comes with envy of the things that went on before their time and the realisation that the times have changed so much they can never do what others did before them.

Millennials will be very depressed paedos by the time they hit the age of 40.

I'm not a millennial, but please tell me you're childless?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom