Peter Hook: "I am an object of hate on the Morrissey fan club site"

Peter Hook on "Morrissey"-Q&A-Substance: Inside New Order-book tour-JCCSF-Feb 4, 2017-Joy Division - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironically, he is a hundred times better, more entertaining writer than Morrissey.

Hmmmm, I did not know that.

On a completely unrelated note, I listened to the Peter Hook and the Light live CD for Power Corruption and Lies over the last few days. His voice reminds me of Marr trying to sing Smiths songs. Not good. And why would an original member of New Order quit New Order to form a New Order cover band. Very strange.

you're both retirees. how complicated can life be? lol

I was referring to all people, including retirees. Don't know why you think retirees have an uncomplicated life compared to non retirees?
Their lives can be as complicated as any other labelled group.
Generalizaing much Rifke? :rolleyes:

I Love Hooky. And JD is one of my all time favorite bands. They were flawless.

Hmmmm, I did not know that.

On a completely unrelated note, I listened to the Peter Hook and the Light live CD for Power Corruption and Lies over the last few days. His voice reminds me of Marr trying to sing Smiths songs. Not good. And why would an original member of New Order quit New Order to form a New Order cover band. Very strange.

He's not too bad with the JD stuff but struggles with the New Order material. He has Pottsy with him in The Light who also sang when they were in Monaco together. Reckon he would be able to pull off the New Order material.

On the split thing, I think they got to the point where his and Barneys lifestyles became a challenge and he still likes performing, hence the playing all the JD and New Order albums. Pulls some decent crowds and he is enjoying himself.

Last edited:
He's not too bad with the JD stuff but struggles with the New Order material. He has Pottsy with him in The Light who also sang when they were in Monaco together. Reckon he would be able to pull off the New Order material.

On the split thing, I think they got to the point where his and Barneys lifestyles became a challenge and he still likes performing, hence the playing all the JD and New Order albums. Pulls some decent crowds and he is enjoying himself.
He sounds a helluva lot better singing the JD material than Barney ever did. I cringe every time I see NO try to pull it off. And with such awkward dancing, too!

Those JD fan boards are a hoot.

"No one really was into the Smiths" that's a cracker.

"The Smiths were OK but they were no JD" yes, that's because the Smiths had more than two good songs.

"The wrong singer died" Imagine getting so worked up to type something as obnoxious?

Hooky seems OK, I don't mind New Order. Storm in a teacup. Another example of the word "hate" being misplaced.
This could be the first time I wish an anonymous poster would login. Great post.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom